• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 4 vs MIN Vikings

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's not one thing it's another...DEF was torn apart yesterday.

Bottomline...PIT DL was handled inside...McClendon was not a factor at all...was blown out of the hole several times on long runs by AP...Hood...same thing...Heyward made one play that I recall, and Keisel made a play by default I think...right place, right time. Zero pressure from the edge.

Obviously the MIN game plan was to pick on Allen, and he was torched, but for the second week in a row...Clark has not played well in run support. The rookie LB Williams missed on a big tackle on AP, but I can't come down too hard on him.

Bell looks like the real deal at RB.

Realistically the playoffs should not be mentioned anymore...the only good here is they've only played one DIV. game and both CIN & BAL lost as well...get Shamarko Thomas more time in there @ S.

Draft...we're heading towards a top 5 pick, worst case top 10...With JAX, really sucking wind, and looking like a potential ofer for the yr...there's a good chance they will be # 1 and will take Bridgwater or a QB...looks like 3 OT will be at the top with Clowney and I'm really liking this Sammy Watkins kid from Clemson.

Watkins is a great WR. Wonder if we would take a WR that early? I'd be nervous to take an OL since we haven't had much luck with one since Pouncey. Wouldn't mind a NT to replace Big Snack. Any good ones in the upcoming draft?

Bell ran very well. I was impressed.

I'm not saying first round, but I'd like the Steelers to draft a ball hawking CB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Has to be a guy who is at least decent at tackling. We need takeaways. This team at worst should draft no later than 12.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I have no problem keeping the o line as it is, there is pedigree, and it is the one unit that has the potential to improve going down the stretch. But yea, Ben needs to give them more help in getting rid of the ball.

I know it's a broken record yinzer thing to say, I just don't feel playing off as a basic strategy for the corners is a good idea anymore. There isn't a qb in the league who can't/isn't willing to complete a 5 yard out, or a quick slant. I don't know if I communicated that in my previous post, correctly.

Yea, D-line is disappointing. It seems the fire zone blitzes aren't working the past few years, and ILB never get free, why that is I don't know. And the D-line gets no push up the middle, it would be nice to see more batted passes though, if you aren't going to get there, get your hands up.

Scheme...laying off the edge WRs...you're right. If you're going to concede 5 yds most QBs are going to take it and still get behind you eventually. idk if it was really scheme to be that far off...Allen just had a rough 1st game back...probably not that confident.

It will be interesting if Clowney is in our wheel house...more of a 4-3 DE...will they shelve the 3-4 and take the best DEF talent available?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins is a great WR. Wonder if we would take a WR that early? I'd be nervous to take an OL since we haven't had much luck with one since Pouncey. Wouldn't mind a NT to replace Big Snack. Any good ones in the upcoming draft?

Bell ran very well. I was impressed.

I'm not saying first round, but I'd like the Steelers to draft a ball hawking CB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Has to be a guy who is at least decent at tackling. We need takeaways. This team at worst should draft no later than 12.

NT...Louis Nix from ND is projected in the 20s to late 1st rd...the big kid Fangupo is the new NT prospect...raw, but I hear they like him...probably won't go NT 1st round, but McClendon is not the long term solution.

If we're going to be 6 to 10 range...probably won't get that Joe Thomas like LT so I wouldn't reach for an OL either...needs to be an immediate impact player...I think on OFC if Clowney is gone. Gotta have a playmaker opposite Brown with Heath in the middle...they need to find another big athletic TE as well.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, D-line is disappointing. It seems the fire zone blitzes aren't working the past few years, and ILB never get free, why that is I don't know. And the D-line gets no push up the middle, it would be nice to see more batted passes though, if you aren't going to get there, get your hands up.
Casey played a huge (pun intended) role in that. Him commanding double teams allowed Timmons and Foote to roam free to plug the rushing lanes and bring pressure up the middle. Not so much now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I talked about it in the offseason, but I wouldn't mind seeing McLendon & Hood switch positions.. I know Hood doesn't have the weight for it, but if he gained the necessary weight he would look just like Hampton. Woods & Fangupo could hold down the NT position. My main thought is that McLendon would be a beast on the outside. He's faster and stronger than both our DE's. Just seems like he is playing the wrong position.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casey played a huge (pun intended) role in that. Him commanding double teams allowed Timmons and Foote to roam free to plug the rushing lanes and bring pressure up the middle. Not so much now.

Agreed...Casey would command a G/C combo leaving one of the OLB 1 on 1, plus creating that gap for the ILB to fill...running was tough up the middle and lateral.

Right now...personnel wise upfront I think we're better suited for a 4-3. McClendon's game is quickness...he's a better 4-3 DT than a NT imo...put Hood inside, and add Heyward to Woodley on DE and rotate Kysel & Woods...Jarvis Jones moves to ROLB, Worilds to LOLB, with Timmons in the MLB spot....take out Worilds in nickel.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe, but my eyes tell me that blitz hasn't worked correctly or consistently since Farrior was here.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but my eyes tell me that blitz hasn't worked correctly or consistently since Farrior was here.
...and neither has our OL worked correctly or consistently since Hartings and Faneca were here.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well try something new.