• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 4 vs MIN Vikings

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay fellas...I thought 0-3 was a huge hurdle and I still believe that as far as getting anything positive out of this season...Playoffs, PLAYOFFS? Let's just try to get a damn win!

Again facing a team with an unproven QB...if you're a Steeler fan that has watched the games and not just looking at the terrible highlights and stats, I think you have to agree that the DEF has played pretty well all season. (Even in a blow out loss Cutler only passed for a buck 59, and less than 100 rushing). What they have not done is turnover the OFC...that needs to change this week.

OFC is still trying to find its way...Heath had no setbacks after 50+ snaps so that's good news along with F. Jones. The rookie Bell is going to play...no word on Wheaton yet, but they say he's going to get some action soon. Sanders is 3rd behind Megatron, and Torrey Smith in the NFL for targets over 20 yds. but not much production to date.

It goes without saying the turnovers are story...in term of this game, you're always concerned facing AP. I'm sure Allen is looking forward to facing Adams or Beachum, but if they eliminate the turnovers I think they will win their 1st game...I'm calling this one PIT 24, MIN 17.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the news here in mn is that castle might start cause pounder has a rib injury .. the vike's fans are happy with that

Cassel...the turnover machine from KC? And they're happy? Beware the desperate team, but we're desperate too so this will be interesting.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent, even more embarrassment in front of a national, er...international audience.

No running back is going to look good behind this line, and Ben is already scrambling for his life.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That screen play was a todd haley play. I like the playbook, just need better protection.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the season from HELL continues!

FIRE EVERYONE!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a positive note Bell wasn't that bad in his debut.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Downward spiral of the defense continues, 34 points, one sack, no turnovers, there is something wrong with that unit.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough Loss

If it's not one thing it's another...DEF was torn apart yesterday.

Bottomline...PIT DL was handled inside...McClendon was not a factor at all...was blown out of the hole several times on long runs by AP...Hood...same thing...Heyward made one play that I recall, and Keisel made a play by default I think...right place, right time. Zero pressure from the edge.

Obviously the MIN game plan was to pick on Allen, and he was torched, but for the second week in a row...Clark has not played well in run support. The rookie LB Williams missed on a big tackle on AP, but I can't come down too hard on him.

Bell looks like the real deal at RB.

Realistically the playoffs should not be mentioned anymore...the only good here is they've only played one DIV. game and both CIN & BAL lost as well...get Shamarko Thomas more time in there @ S.

Draft...we're heading towards a top 5 pick, worst case top 10...With JAX, really sucking wind, and looking like a potential ofer for the yr...there's a good chance they will be # 1 and will take Bridgwater or a QB...looks like 3 OT will be at the top with Clowney and I'm really liking this Sammy Watkins kid from Clemson.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's not one thing it's another...DEF was torn apart yesterday.

Bottomline...PIT DL was handled inside...McClendon was not a factor at all...was blown out of the hole several times on long runs by AP...Hood...same thing...Heyward made one play that I recall, and Keisel made a play by default I think...right place, right time. Zero pressure from the edge.

Obviously the MIN game plan was to pick on Allen, and he was torched, but for the second week in a row...Clark has not played well in run support. The rookie LB Williams missed on a big tackle on AP, but I can't come down too hard on him.

Bell looks like the real deal at RB.

Realistically the playoffs should not be mentioned anymore...the only good here is they've only played one DIV. game and both CIN & BAL lost as well...get Shamarko Thomas more time in there @ S.

Draft...we're heading towards a top 5 pick, worst case top 10...With JAX, really sucking wind, and looking like a potential ofer for the yr...there's a good chance they will be # 1 and will take Bridgwater or a QB...looks like 3 OT will be at the top with Clowney and I'm really liking this Sammy Watkins kid from Clemson.

Yea, kinda of a trend with bad teams, one week a different unit fails.

Hopefully the Steelers take this seriously, they seem like they are in denial right now. Not sure why, but football seems like the only sport in which looking towards the future is not acceptable. Baseball, hockey, and basketball, this team would be torn apart to see to what they have in the younger guys. And prepare for the long run. Would make the rest of the season much more interesting to watch younger guys develop than veterans suck.

The best we are going to get is for the Steelers to stop playing veterans in bit roles, mainly Cotchery and William Gay. And possibly a rotation with Clark being spelling by Thomas at FS. They need to develop someone with ball skills in the secondary.

As for scheme, playing off and making tackles doesn't cut it anymore in the secondary, every qb in the league can complete short passes, it wasn't like that 10 years ago, it is now. They need guys to break up passes, and make interceptions.

Speaking of Clark, how much longer does he have on his deal? He seems like he is on the way out.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, kinda of a trend with bad teams, one week a different unit fails.

Hopefully the Steelers take this seriously, they seem like they are in denial right now. Not sure why, but football seems like the only sport in which looking towards the future is not acceptable. Baseball, hockey, and basketball, this team would be torn apart to see to what they have in the younger guys. And prepare for the long run. Would make the rest of the season much more interesting to watch younger guys develop than veterans suck.

The best we are going to get is for the Steelers to stop playing veterans in bit roles, mainly Cotchery and William Gay. And possibly a rotation with Clark being spelling by Thomas at FS. They need to develop someone with ball skills in the secondary.

As for scheme, playing off and making tackles doesn't cut it anymore in the secondary, every qb in the league can complete short passes, it wasn't like that 10 years ago, it is now. They need guys to break up passes, and make interceptions.

Speaking of Clark, how much longer does he have on his deal? He seems like he is on the way out.

Future...yea...you never want to intently tank in the NFL, but at some point you have to realize some guys you've put trust in just are not going to cut it.

For that reason...I would more or less keep the OL as it is the rest of the season. I really don't think Gilbert is a LT, but when you're 0-4 I understand them making a switch there and trying him back on the right side. Ben's play as been so disappointing...for a young OL, he could make them look a lot better if he would just unload the ball sometimes.

Clark...he's in his last yr. I know Thomas is looked at as a SS moreso than FS, but I would truthfully play this kid...he can't do any worse than Clark right now.

Allen/scheme...I'm willing to cut him some slack, 1st game back this year...he can play bump-n-run some...has good speed...he will get better.

Pass rush...where was that scheme? Cassel was moved off his spot quite a bit from the edge guys, but because there was no push up the middle, he had a pocket to step into and deliver the ball.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Future...yea...you never want to intently tank in the NFL, but at some point you have to realize some guys you've put trust in just are not going to cut it.

For that reason...I would more or less keep the OL as it is the rest of the season. I really don't think Gilbert is a LT, but when you're 0-4 I understand them making a switch there and trying him back on the right side. Ben's play as been so disappointing...for a young OL, he could make them look a lot better if he would just unload the ball sometimes.

Clark...he's in his last yr. I know Thomas is looked at as a SS moreso than FS, but I would truthfully play this kid...he can't do any worse than Clark right now.

Allen/scheme...I'm willing to cut him some slack, 1st game back this year...he can play bump-n-run some...has good speed...he will get better.

Pass rush...where was that scheme? Cassel was moved off his spot quite a bit from the edge guys, but because there was no push up the middle, he had a pocket to step into and deliver the ball.

Yea, I have no problem keeping the o line as it is, there is pedigree, and it is the one unit that has the potential to improve going down the stretch. But yea, Ben needs to give them more help in getting rid of the ball.

I know it's a broken record yinzer thing to say, I just don't feel playing off as a basic strategy for the corners is a good idea anymore. There isn't a qb in the league who can't/isn't willing to complete a 5 yard out, or a quick slant. I don't know if I communicated that in my previous post, correctly.

Yea, D-line is disappointing. It seems the fire zone blitzes aren't working the past few years, and ILB never get free, why that is I don't know. And the D-line gets no push up the middle, it would be nice to see more batted passes though, if you aren't going to get there, get your hands up.