• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4: Eagles @ Packers, 9/26/19, 8:20, NFLN/Fox

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since you won't be able to figure it out yourself.. it's because schwartz is a very good defensive coordinator. that's why he is here. and that's why he won't be going anywhere. you're simply too stupid to comprehend he's given the bare basics to implement his D-LINE philosophy.

The bare basics to implement his D-Line philosophy? It is comments like this that make it hard to take you seriously. This theory is just stupid. I am not even sure you watched the games. Most teams are leaving in an extra blocker because Schwartz is not a blitzer. He relies on his front 4 to apply pressure alone. He does not call stunts or move lineman around to expose a weakness on the other side. He relies on talent to get it done if you don't believe the Eagles have talented defensive lineman you really are too dumb to discuss football.

the bills were 4th in points allowed in 2014.

What the fuck does 2014 have to do with right now? There have been many rule changes since 2014 that changes how a defense is allowed to play in the passing game. It has become very QB/Receiver friendly. Now let's discuss this so called vaunted Bills defense in 2014. When you compare them to 2013 you will find many of the previous stats were very close as it pertains to rushing and passing yards. They did give fewer points a game. That is to be expected when you get a last place schedule. In 2014 they had 8 games with teams that had losing records. That is half their schedule. They played 7 games against teams with winning records and lost 5 of them giving up 25 points a game. I did not count the last game of the season against the Patriots because they had already sealed home field and none of the starters played. This vaunted defense you are praising from 2014 did not really do much but shut down the bad opponents that apprised half the seasons schedule.

the eagles went from 28th to 12th after they hired him in 2016. in 2017 they were 4th. as horrific as the injuries and talent were last year, they were still 12th. you get it fucko? you see the theme here?

Another one of those stupid fucking comments because you are incapable of analyzing everything. You pick one number and focus on it an completely miss what happened during the season. So let me break it down for you.

His defense let Ryan Fitzpatrick torch them for 400 yards in an embarrasing loss.

They were given the lead with 3 minutes left against Tennessee and let them drive 75 yards to win the game. Letting them convert on 4th down twice with one of them being a 4th and 15. You of course blame Wentz but that is because you are stupid. For some reason he is the only one in your brain accountable to everything but you find excuses for Schwartz and his defense.

They blew a 17 point 4th quarter lead against the Panthers. One drive was for 80 yards. Another drive was 87 yards and the last drive was 69 yards. Of course this was not the defenses fault in your moronic mind because the offense should have just put the game away and not rely on the defense to do it's job.

Remember the 2nd Cowboys game? The game where the defense imploded in the 4th quarter. Every time we scored the defense opened it's legs like a 2 dollar whore and gave it up. Wentz had to drive them down the field to score a TD so the game would go into overtime. The Eagles never touched the ball again. The Cowboys scored the winning TD on a 13 play 75 yard drive.

do you comprehend what he does? he's given old, aging, busted, weak, scrubby, mediocre, damaged, injury prone trash for the most part.. and they always find a way to keep the eagles in every game. all because his plan, his scheme, his coaching allows it.

I comprehend quite well what Schwartz is not capable of. The bolded part is one of the most ridiculous comments I have ever seen. Are you really that stupid that you believe this nonsense? Do you have any idea how lucky the Eagles actually got. How about we put this in perspective for. The Packers got 8 first downs yesterday off of defensive penalties. That is fucking embarrassing and a clear sign of poor coaching. If you noticed the Offense cleaned up most of it's mistakes. The defense was par for the course.

Injuries are part of the game and it happens to everyone. The Packers got a good taste of it as well. It is funny because everyone on the planet knew the Packers had absolutely zero running game last night and would have to throw it and yet Rodgers torched us. They were one dimensional which is always an advantage for the defense and Schwartz could not do anything to stop the Packers.

The expectation of a great coach is to adapt to the changes around you. To recognize what you have and to use it to their advantage. As the game has changed over the past few years the Eagles defense has regressed. Teams have figured out how to beat the Eagles defense and everyone is doing the same thing. The Eagles have gotten worse and you are making bullshit excuses.

your "elite" wet dream offense is built to score 30+ every game at schwartz' expense, because his defense will almost always give up less than 30. and the huge majority of the time, under 25. that means a "high powered offense" should have a great shot to win every week. which is a perfect example of why the eagles just knocked off a 3-0 team in one of the worst places you can play with no secondary at all and a bunch of injuries? again, do you finally get it fucko? no, no, you don't.

I have had to read this a couple times to understand what the fuck you are trying to say. I would try to simplify it for you but I know that is not possible. You would not get it.

This high powered offense that you are so fucking critical of put up 34 points last night without all of it's weapons. Alshon missed 2 games and this was his 1st game back and he was still not 100% and DJax missed his 3rd game.

I am going to be honest here. If Davonte Adams does not get hurt in the 4th quarter the Eagles lose this game. He was torching them and Schwartz could not find a way to stop him. Aikman commented several times how Schwartz scheme is a one high safety and the Packers were taking advantage of it. He called out every time he noticed that Maddox was alone on Adams and it was exploitable and that is what Rodgers did every time. An announcer saw what everyone here has been saying repeatedly since last year. What we are witnessing a bad defensive cooordinator that does not know how to get the most out of his people. Your head is so far up that DC's ass you don't see it.

School is out junior.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bare basics to implement his D-Line philosophy? It is comments like this that make it hard to take you seriously. This theory is just stupid. I am not even sure you watched the games. Most teams are leaving in an extra blocker because Schwartz is not a blitzer. He relies on his front 4 to apply pressure alone. He does not call stunts or move lineman around to expose a weakness on the other side. He relies on talent to get it done if you don't believe the Eagles have talented defensive lineman you really are too dumb to discuss football.

right off the bat, reading comprehension. he's given the bare basics (as in; OUTSIDE OF THE D-LINE) so he can implement his philosophy (a strong front 4.) and that part has worked phenominal. it's obvious to anyone the eagles continually invest in the line. and as a result, combined with his scheme, the eagles are one of the toughest teams to run against. dopes like yourself get butt hurt when teams come out throwing non stop because they can't run. so you cry and whine all game.. and in the end, they give up 21, or 24, or whatever.. always giving the eagles a chance to win. meanwhile, the packers got run the fuck over at home and gave up 34. why don't you go cry to hire their D-CORD?

What the fuck does 2014 have to do with right now? There have been many rule changes since 2014 that changes how a defense is allowed to play in the passing game. It has become very QB/Receiver friendly. Now let's discuss this so called vaunted Bills defense in 2014. When you compare them to 2013 you will find many of the previous stats were very close as it pertains to rushing and passing yards. They did give fewer points a game. That is to be expected when you get a last place schedule. In 2014 they had 8 games with teams that had losing records. That is half their schedule. They played 7 games against teams with winning records and lost 5 of them giving up 25 points a game. I did not count the last game of the season against the Patriots because they had already sealed home field and none of the starters played. This vaunted defense you are praising from 2014 did not really do much but shut down the bad opponents that apprised half the seasons schedule.

BAAHHHAHAAA! spinning for excuses like a champ. what does 2014 have to do with anything. umm, it began his defensive coordinator action.. with the bills becoming one of the best defensive teams in the league. they were 20th in points allowed in 2013 and 15th in 2015. but under his control in 2014, they were 4th. but OK, it was JUST because of the schedule. LOFL!

his next D gig was with the eagles in 2016. so again, as a defensive coordinator, he has MORE THAN PROVEN HIMSELF as a good to great coach. 4th, 12th, 4th and 12th for points allowed in his 4 years coaching as D-COORDINATOR. INSTANTLY improving mediocre defensive teams. yet, you want this guy fired every week? LOLLL!

i don't care who gets offended at what, but i'll tell anyone straight up they are a FUCKING GODDAMN IDIOT if they think ANY defensive coordinator other than a legendary type name can step in and guide this old squad filled with so many poor (major understatement) players to do a better job. the eagles defense was 28th in PPG in 2015, 23rd in 2014, 17th in 2013 and 29th in 2012 before schwartz took over and bumped them right towards the top. oh shit, must have been the schedule, right?!?!?!

Another one of those stupid fucking comments because you are incapable of analyzing everything. You pick one number and focus on it an completely miss what happened during the season. So let me break it down for you.

His defense let Ryan Fitzpatrick torch them for 400 yards in an embarrasing loss.

the game where they gave up 27 points total and just 43 yards on 23 carries? and just 7 points in the 2nd half? great random cherry pick. oh, and then there's the fact fitzpatrick threw for 400+ in his first 3 games, with the other 2 teams being the saints and steelers. DERPPPPAAA DERRRRRR. DERRR DERRRR DERRRRRRRRRR.

School is out junior.

the rest of your nonsense isn't worth replying to. i'll say it again. ANYONE who truly wants schwartz fired and/or doesn't think he is a good defensive coordinator IS A FUCKING. GODDAMN. IDIOT. expecting them to dominate the run AND pass every week is.. no words. that stupidity speaks for itself. these dudes have to face 40, even 50+ throws per game on a continual basis.

as for "school is out." who the fuck are you trying to school? schwartz is in no danger of getting fired. pederson is surprised he hasn't been given a chance at another head coaching gig yet. the players like him, coaches like him. oh.. ohh.. some philly fans don't. i mean, that shit is shocking. philly fans are by far the most knowledgeable in the country, right? they always seem to know more than the people who manage these billion dollar situations, right? and shit, they can even do it from their couch on monday morning alone.. then take the rest of the week off!

fuck out of here dude. go suck wentz' dick some more. the "main man" on the team couldn't make back to back kiddie throws to put away the game, and even got a player hurt doing so. yet you continually whine about a coach on the sidelines when it's the players missing tackles, taking stupid penalties, blowing coverages, grabbing jerseys and falling for double moves. if schwartz was even given close to the talent of what we put on the offensive side, he'd be gone already and coaching another team.

you're probably the same type of tool who thought bobby abreu, pat burrell or scott rolen sucked.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it was a great game. Rodgers almost pulled it out. If we get DJAX healthy the rest of the year, and add a good or great CB, we should play in January.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it was a great game. Rodgers almost pulled it out. If we get DJAX healthy the rest of the year, and add a good or great CB, we should play in January.

I think both teams completely healthy we blow out the Packers.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are thoughts on Sendejo?

I was curious about having Sendejo on my team this year. On one hand I am old enough to remember the hard hitting safeties of my youth and that was such fun to watch.

On the other hand....oh yeah...shit. I hate watching players go down with major head trauma and being carted off. And players of Sendejo’s mold just don’t have a place in this game anymore. Yeah...having it be a friendly fire knock on my own team just hammered this home all the more.

I feel like Sendejo had some nice plays earlier last night and (maybe) didnt get exposed too much. But the whole concept of flashing in like he did on the play he popped Maddox and not wrapping up the receiver....there just really isn't room in this game for that crap anymore.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last four drafts, the Eagles have drafted 4 CBs and a safety they converted to CB, and traded another third for a CB. In those drafts, the Eagles have spent multiple picks in the first three rounds on one position: CB.

3bqyyg.jpg

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are thoughts on Sendejo?

I was curious about having Sendejo on my team this year. On one hand I am old enough to remember the hard hitting safeties of my youth and that was such fun to watch.

On the other hand....oh yeah...shit. I hate watching players go down with major head trauma and being carted off. And players of Sendejo’s mold just don’t have a place in this game anymore. Yeah...having it be a friendly fire knock on my own team just hammered this home all the more.

I feel like Sendejo had some nice plays earlier last night and (maybe) didnt get exposed too much. But the whole concept of flashing in like he did on the play he popped Maddox and not wrapping up the receiver....there just really isn't room in this game for that crap anymore.
I think he has limited utility as a safety hybrid against the run and maybe against more mobile QBs, if they choose to use him as a spy. He stinks in coverage, though. I hope Cyprien gets more run and shows himself to be a better player, and they part ways with Sendejo.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last four drafts, the Eagles have drafted 4 CBs and a safety they converted to CB, and traded another third for a CB. In those drafts, the Eagles have spent multiple picks in the first three rounds on one position: CB.

3bqyyg.jpg

countess and mills were 6th rounders from 2016. jones was an injured 2nd rounder (totally worth the chance) and douglas was late 3rd round in 2017. maddox was round 4 in 2018. nothing in 2019.

aside from jones, who already came with risk, these picks are blind stabs. nothing special in general. darby was absolutely needed because someone with experience and potential had to be out there.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone hear the crowd chanting about Aikman?