• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3 @ TB

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dn8i0MFXkAU5A9Y.jpg

Dn8cxKrVYAEFImp.jpg

Dn7-mxNXoAAFdhD.jpg

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roughly only $800k more. That's small pennies. He does however have a SIGNIFICANTLY smaller dead cap hit if they choose to move on next offseason. $7.5m dead cap this year, and $0.93m next year.

Still with the uncertainty of the OT depth, they'll hold onto him through 2019.
Wonder if they'll try to extend him next year??? 1 year left on a contract is their MO for extensions and with no viable replace in place if the price is right an extension may be in order.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if they'll try to extend him next year??? 1 year left on a contract is their MO for extensions and with no viable replace in place if the price is right an extension may be in order.
I would think so. 1-2 year contract seems appropriate.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A W is a W is a W.

Some good obviously, but a lot of bad also.

Head Coach...3.5 of 5, Team was fired up and ready to play obviously, but far too many penalties. Leading the league in penalties is not a good look. They've got to clean that up.

OFC…3.5 of 5, a lot to like in this game. The reason I didn’t go higher was there was a DEF score and the DEF gave them 3 extra possessions. Randy called a pretty good game. On a wet, slow field, footing for the running game was not the best. Still managed some balance with 18 rushing attempts and being able to close it out late made those attempts very effective. Good to see Ridley get a series. McD finally pays a huge dividend with a monster stiff arm enroute to a 75 yd TD…he’s a difference maker, hopefully he can stay healthy.

I keep calling his name, but Switzer is a player, polished as a return man and has quickly carved out a niche in the OFC. Very efficient game by Ben…target distribution was solid. The 2nd half performance knocked some of the luster off this grade….only one good drive, and it resulted in a missed FG. The OL had a few pass/pro lapses, but overall they played well vs a very good DL.

DEF…3.5 of 5, for a long time this effort was trending towards a 5 grade. I still didn’t like the amount of times he put Watt/Dupree in coverage, but hey, he got a pick 6 out of it, so I’ll shut up about it for this week. Butler dialed up the heat early in this game and was rewarded with 3 INTs, one going back for 6 as mentioned, and 3 sacks.

Burns vs Sensabaugh…Burns was burnt for 6, as was Sens I think, but he needs to shake that off…Sensabaugh imo is not the long term answer…In spite of giving up 6, I thought Burns played better. We’ll have to see how the coaches look at this.

Quite possibly the best game Dupree has had as a pro. Great effort sack, and of course the pick 6 was a thing of beauty…set the edge great on one play that was either a TFL or no gain. Edmunds got his 1st career INT.

Then the 2nd half came. I'm not entirely sure what happened to the pass rush, but Fitz was able to get off some bombs, and the coverage was shaky late 4th. I do want to make mention of 51...I doubted Bostic's ability to play in coverage, but he showed when they ran a iso on him vs OJ Howard and he defended it...can be a good blitzer too, break it down just a hare, over ran the QB one time on a free release.

ST...3 of 5...As mentioned earlier, Switzer imo might be the 2nd biggest offseason move. Boz, is just a tad off, keep your head up. Berry dropped in a beauty twice one taken away due to a flag. Coverage team got away with one...it was a clear hold, but they dodged one there.

Good to get a W...lots of room for improvement, especially penalties. Ravens week is already underway. The OFC is showing some consistency...the TD drive before the half was Ben at his best.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an obvious Steelers win. Reminds me of when they limped in to an 'un-winnable' situation in KC last year after getting their asses kicked by the Jags. What happened?

As much as I love Fittzy.... Digging the outfits and the positive vibe... There is a reason why he is a journeyman. That reason will become clear on Monday.

I predict Pittsburgh wins and the news cycle turns to DC or some other dysfunctional locale.

I feel good about my prediction powers. Last night was all about an adjustment.... Pittsburgh is too good to play like shit forever and Tampa is not nearly as good as they pretended to be in weeks 1 and 2.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel good about my prediction powers. Last night was all about an adjustment.... Pittsburgh is too good to play like shit forever and Tampa is not nearly as good as they pretended to be in weeks 1 and 2.

They came after him and idk if it rattled the ole Ivy leaguer, but a tipped ball and a couple of high passes...3 picks later and it was enough to hang on and get the W.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who the fuck is this one about?????

Sure ass Hell isn't the Steelers, because we are black and gold.....not yellow.

And Wiz Kockmuncher and his gay (C)rap song can fuck off too.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our defense would disagree with you.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 games in this new season and we have allowed 90 points!!!!!

Great job D, damn good thing we got the defensive guru Mike Tomlin to fuck things up!!!!!

2 of those weeks we put up 30+ points. And lost one of those games. We will lose more games than we win if this defense can't somehow put stitches in instead of Tomlin and his bandaid bullshit.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 games in this new season and we have allowed 90 points!!!!!

Great job D, damn good thing we got the defensive guru Mike Tomlin to fuck things up!!!!!

2 of those weeks we put up 30+ points. And lost one of those games. We will lose more games than we win if this defense can't somehow put stitches in instead of Tomlin and his bandaid bullshit.

Sad thing is there are 4 defenses worse than us in points allowed per game lol

Those 4 are the Bucs, Chargers, Saints and Chiefs.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be happy that the team escaped with a W because they needed one. As has been mentioned, some good thing happened and a lot of bad as well. Frustrating thing is watching them put up 30 before the half and getting shut out in the second half. Made me get nervous for no reason. The game should have never got that close. But that seems to be the type of games they play and I'm used to it by now.

Still very undisciplined when it comes to penalties. Have to clean that up. However, I will say this, WTF is Pete Morelli doing officiating games involving the Steelers? After that Divisional game following the 2005 season in Indy, he should be permanently banned from officiating Steelers games. That guy should just retire. I cringe every time he does a game involving the Steelers.

All in all, they survived and must follow it up with a win Sunday night. If they can't get up for that team then they don't deserve to wear the uniform.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3