• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3 - Miami Dolphins vs Kansas City Chiefs Game Thread

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't watch game, but saw Wallace had 12 targets, but only 5 receptions. Were the disconnected attempts drops, bad passes, or something else?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo, how r u ok with tannehill? You like mediocrity?

I am okay with Tannehill because thats the best we got. If I were a fan of mediocrity, I would be calling for Matt Moore to be our starter. Not a fan of mediocrity, which is why I prefer Tannehill over Moore.

Moore is a career backup and thats all. Wouldnt change our fortunes much if at all.

If fans, and if the coaching staff/organization doesnt believe Tannehill is not the guy, they will have to wait until the draft or FA or make a trade or pick up to find that guy, because if Tannehill isnt the answer... the answer isnt on our roster currently either.

Moore is a career backup at best whose days at contributing anything worthy of playing time is already in his rear view mirror.

Plain and simple, it is far too early to make a such a panic move such as a QB change. It is only week 3. We arent even at our bye-week yet. If going into our bye things remain as they are , then MAYBE a change should be taken into consideration but certainly not before.

But, we cant be ignorant and put it all on Tannehill. That would just be ignorant and stupid. And thats not something to be proud of.

Today, we couldnt tackle even if we got into the Chiefs huddle. We could hardly block without committing penalties. The play calling was not only horrible in some situations but also predictable.

Not to mention we had far too many dropped passes.

I am all for putting games in the hands of Tannehill as the QB its his responsibility, but we throw the ball way too much - which is as bad as it gets especially when the Fins fail to establish the run as was the case today. 20 carries for 141 is just not a good enough total for a game. we got 108 on 15 carries from Miller , and 33 combined from everyone else - that isnt very helpful to the offense.

Tannehill completed a pass to 8 EIGHT! different receivers, so he was finding guys and completeing his share of passes, but those guys failed him by dropping too many. He didnt throw a pick which is impressive considering how much we threw the ball and how many drops we had.

Field position was a problem. We didnt do well on PR and when we kicked it off, we didnt kick it well enough or cover well enough.

On defense there were too many missed tackles... They couldnt cover the TE - they played way far off again on WRs - they beat us with YAC as their plays really werent big to begin with, they just seemed bigger because of poor tackling and missed assignments.

Tannehill deserves and will take some blame for this one but there are far many more reasons we lost this game. To put it all on him is just stupid and ignorant.

You know from the Heat board that I am all about holding the guys on the field of play responsible, but coaching decisions contributed to this loss as much as any other aspect.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some developments from the Fins locker room via some of the beat writers, many of the players voiced displeasure about the defensive game plan. So, see, for as good as they held up to a point - even the players know the coaches didnt necessarily put them in the best position to succeed on that side of the ball.

As I said before, too early to make a panic move like changing QBs, but there already seems to be tension between the players and their coaches about game-plan.

We have a winable game coming up and a bye-week so time for the Fins to restore order is there. But, if the coaches don’t change some things up, they could lose the locker-room and at that point it wont matter who the QB is.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am okay with Tannehill because thats the best we got. If I were a fan of mediocrity, I would be calling for Matt Moore to be our starter. Not a fan of mediocrity, which is why I prefer Tannehill over Moore.

Moore is a career backup and thats all. Wouldnt change our fortunes much if at all.

If fans, and if the coaching staff/organization doesnt believe Tannehill is not the guy, they will have to wait until the draft or FA or make a trade or pick up to find that guy, because if Tannehill isnt the answer... the answer isnt on our roster currently either.

Moore is a career backup at best whose days at contributing anything worthy of playing time is already in his rear view mirror.

Plain and simple, it is far too early to make a such a panic move such as a QB change. It is only week 3. We arent even at our bye-week yet. If going into our bye things remain as they are , then MAYBE a change should be taken into consideration but certainly not before.

But, we cant be ignorant and put it all on Tannehill. That would just be ignorant and stupid. And thats not something to be proud of.

Today, we couldnt tackle even if we got into the Chiefs huddle. We could hardly block without committing penalties. The play calling was not only horrible in some situations but also predictable.

Not to mention we had far too many dropped passes.

I am all for putting games in the hands of Tannehill as the QB its his responsibility, but we throw the ball way too much - which is as bad as it gets especially when the Fins fail to establish the run as was the case today. 20 carries for 141 is just not a good enough total for a game. we got 108 on 15 carries from Miller , and 33 combined from everyone else - that isnt very helpful to the offense.

Tannehill completed a pass to 8 EIGHT! different receivers, so he was finding guys and completeing his share of passes, but those guys failed him by dropping too many. He didnt throw a pick which is impressive considering how much we threw the ball and how many drops we had.

Field position was a problem. We didnt do well on PR and when we kicked it off, we didnt kick it well enough or cover well enough.

On defense there were too many missed tackles... They couldnt cover the TE - they played way far off again on WRs - they beat us with YAC as their plays really werent big to begin with, they just seemed bigger because of poor tackling and missed assignments.

Tannehill deserves and will take some blame for this one but there are far many more reasons we lost this game. To put it all on him is just stupid and ignorant.

You know from the Heat board that I am all about holding the guys on the field of play responsible, but coaching decisions contributed to this loss as much as any other aspect.

Totally agree Paolo. If you go to Moore now and he flounders you've just ruined any hope as Tanny will be demoralized. If anything you must wait until the bye if they lose to the raiders or even in game then fine go with Moore to try to turn things around but starting Moore next week would be a mistake. You have a lot of change this year and injuries/suspensions this is obviously having an effect. Let's see where things are at after the bye...

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree Paolo. If you go to Moore now and he flounders you've just ruined any hope as Tanny will be demoralized. If anything you must wait until the bye if they lose to the raiders or even in game then fine go with Moore to try to turn things around but starting Moore next week would be a mistake. You have a lot of change this year and injuries/suspensions this is obviously having an effect. Let's see where things are at after the bye...
Mmmmm, I just don't know. I mean, a lot of what you say makes sense (this goes for you as well Paolo), but its been my opinion for quite some time that Tannehill could use a 'lit fire' under his arse probably more than any other qb in the NFL. Maybe, benching him in favor of Moore could light that fire. Besides, Moore is substantially better than just a 'carreer backup' qb. Theres been more than a few 'career backups' over the years that for whatever reason (simply not getting a chance, not properly progressing due to faulty instruction/guidance, etc etc) blossomed later in their respective careers. Not saying that this is the case w/Moore, but at this point there really is not a lot to lose. Philibin will ABSOLUTELY be gone by seasons end, if not sooner. NOTHING about Tannehill makes ANYONE seriously believe he will be on this roster next year. Lazor is obviously way over his head running an offense, much less a 'high powered offense'. I say its most certainly time to find out what we have on this roster. If Philbin (as much of a joke that he is as a head coach) really believes Moore has a better chance to win games, you can bet your sweet arse THill will be riding the pine. Sometimes its really difficult for me to believe how far this franchise has fallen. Thanks Parcels and Ireland. I truly wish Parcels had chosen Atlanta over Miami......

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that isnt anymore talented then Tannehill. Neither one of them are the future for this team, BUT sometimes players just play better with certain people. When we were 0-7 going after Luck, Moore came in and the team just played better for him. He went on a win streak that sadly knocked us out of any chances of getting Luck. This season is early and we can still get going, but it wont happen with Tannehill back there. the players dont play for him, they dont trust him back there. You can see it in the game play. Im not saying that Moore can do for us what he did a couple years ago, but its worth finding out.

Parcels and Ireland really fucked this team over.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to sound that I think Tanny is flawless but it's a pretty major decision to bench the kid. Short term Moore may do better but I'd like to give Tanny a chance to play with Pouncey back and if things don't improve then you have no choice but to let him sit for a while. Either way they're not going to just dump him they will simply draft some competition next year. Serious competition. This year they still had too many holes I'm glad that they spent a 1st on James or they'd be really screwed right now as he's played well.

This team overall makes mistakes at the wrong times. Whether it be a bad special teams, dropped pass, bad throw, pass when they should run or vice versa....they need to tighten it up and ultimately that falls on Philbin. I'm not throwing him under the bus yet but he needs to straighten this out by the bye week or he will be turfed that's the NFL.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right - sometiimes change is good and players respond better to a different QB. But, strongly doubtful the team has a different or better response to Matt Moore over Tannehill. At this point, Moore would be a downgrade so very doubtful people respond better or differently to him

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say it like this, the day the Fins announce Matt Moore is our starting QB this season, will be the day I officially believe they have waived the white flag on the season

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything you do it in game if the offense struggles at the start again. See how it goes and make a decision from that point forward based on the results. Hopefully Pouncey is back and will solidify the line and the receivers will focus now that the spotlight is on them too. Just win this week and regroup over the bye.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say it like this, the day the Fins announce Matt Moore is our starting QB this season, will be the day I officially believe they have waived the white flag on the season
The sad thing is, Paolo, the PLAYERS might already be waving the proverbial 'white flag'. Rumors are running crazy about how almost every player on this team questions this coaching staff and their ridiculously bad play calling. Flyer had it right, and so did you Paolo. This team is so pathetically 'ill coached' its truly hilarious. Whether its special teams, dropped passes, horrible tackling, missed assignments....its ALL on Philbin. Hes gotta be the worst head coach in the NFL. After 3 damn yrs, he STILL cannot figure out 'clock management'. I felt he should have been canned after last season when he clearly could not properly prepare or motivate his team to win 1 damn game. And oh, it wasn't like we got beat on a hail mary or an awful call by the refs....no, we got our asses handed to us, and one game was in OUR house. Yes, Philbin is a truly pathetic head coach. Guess what? Sparano will never be a head coach in the NFL again....Cameron will never be a head coach in the NFL again.....Philbin (after he gets fired-and he WILL be fired) will never again be a head coach again....see the consistencies? Only in Miami do idiots get head coaching jobs. Just pathetic....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is that Philbin will have to straighten this out and fast or he will be canned. But at this point let's wait and see because it's not happening today. Remember that Lazor is still implementing his offense and that takes time. We need to acknowledge this as its affecting the whole team. Philbin can only do so much but he may start putting in his two cents on some of these calls I'd be saying when it's 2nd and 1 there better be one run in there somewhere even if it's on 4th down!!!!