• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 vs KC

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched most of this game and as has been mentioned here the Steelers pass rush and secondary looked really bad. Having said that, I have a feeling the Chiefs offense is going to make a lot of defenses look really bad this year so maybe give them some time to get things figured out.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen @Psych-Ward

I think we are all just sick & tired of this team being so afraid of its own shadow. Everyone in that locker-room talks big game & big things, but when the tread meets asphalt they all divide & get conquered. There's no bond, it's all fake love in there.

And I agree that it is all a direct result of coach Rah Rah. Tomlin should be ashamed to call himself a head coach after seeing how many Super Bowl caliber rosters he has squandered.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching... Stumbling out the gate, lethargic & uncoordinated. Don't know how it keeps surprising me. 12 more penalties to add to their already impressive total. Offense had zero balance but still somehow managed to stay in the game. They go from giving Conner 30+ carries week 1 to just 8 this week? Chiefs controlled the game forcing them to throw, but in the 2nd half they had more than ample opportunities to run the ball and they chose not to. Playcalling looks pretty elementary so far through 2 games. Defense was laughable. Soft zone coverage all day long was getting dissected, and they kept rushing only 2-4 guys. Sound familiar? Why was Butler putting Bostic on Kelce? Just why? Icing on the cake from the final KC drive when the entire world knew they were going to run the ball on the first play and they still picked up 9. How have they not learned their lesson with that lame duck defense? It's incredibly dense of them to keep trying it. These coaches should be put on blast this week. Just all around embarrassing. No strategy or adaptations or answers. Starts at the top with Tomlin. Not all coaches can be Belichick, but this team deserves someone that understands how to put their team in the best position to win. Tomlin needs to do better. But still shame on all of them.... F

Offense... Decent protection from the goon squad. Ben looked much better but still got away with a few balls that should have been intercepted. Also saw numerous misreads but not a bad performance by Ben. Didn't love that he threw 60 times today. Jesse James & JuJu took advantage of AB's double teams today. That's what they need to do. Sadly it just wasn't enough. The lack of innovative playcalling & gametime adjustments are really hurting this offense. They need to find an identity, and quickly... C+

Defense... Implosion. Just all around embarrassing showing from the defense. So many lapses in coverage and communication breakdowns. Apparently losing Joe Haden causes them to all disappear. Burns is simply not a zone CB. He's absolutely awful at it because he's not smart & has zero awareness. Mahomes is a good QB with a very quick release so the D-line was phased out quickly. They shut down the run game for the most part, but where was the pressure? Had a lot to do with Butler's schemes. Since he couldn't get to the QB he abandoned his blitz packages. Same shit, different day.... F

Overall... Despite the end score being close it still felt like everything was too little too late. Chiefs almost had full control of this game. No excuses for how awful this team is at living up to its expectations. Getting really tired of searching for answers... F
Coaching... Stumbling out the gate, lethargic & uncoordinated. Don't know how it keeps surprising me. 12 more penalties to add to their already impressive total. Offense had zero balance but still somehow managed to stay in the game. They go from giving Conner 30+ carries week 1 to just 8 this week? Chiefs controlled the game forcing them to throw, but in the 2nd half they had more than ample opportunities to run the ball and they chose not to. Playcalling looks pretty elementary so far through 2 games. Defense was laughable. Soft zone coverage all day long was getting dissected, and they kept rushing only 2-4 guys. Sound familiar? Why was Butler putting Bostic on Kelce? Just why? Icing on the cake from the final KC drive when the entire world knew they were going to run the ball on the first play and they still picked up 9. How have they not learned their lesson with that lame duck defense? It's incredibly dense of them to keep trying it. These coaches should be put on blast this week. Just all around embarrassing. No strategy or adaptations or answers. Starts at the top with Tomlin. Not all coaches can be Belichick, but this team deserves someone that understands how to put their team in the best position to win. Tomlin needs to do better. But still shame on all of them.... F

Offense... Decent protection from the goon squad. Ben looked much better but still got away with a few balls that should have been intercepted. Also saw numerous misreads but not a bad performance by Ben. Didn't love that he threw 60 times today. Jesse James & JuJu took advantage of AB's double teams today. That's what they need to do. Sadly it just wasn't enough. The lack of innovative playcalling & gametime adjustments are really hurting this offense. They need to find an identity, and quickly... C+

Defense... Implosion. Just all around embarrassing showing from the defense. So many lapses in coverage and communication breakdowns. Apparently losing Joe Haden causes them to all disappear. Burns is simply not a zone CB. He's absolutely awful at it because he's not smart & has zero awareness. Mahomes is a good QB with a very quick release so the D-line was phased out quickly. They shut down the run game for the most part, but where was the pressure? Had a lot to do with Butler's schemes. Since he couldn't get to the QB he abandoned his blitz packages. Same shit, different day.... F

Overall... Despite the end score being close it still felt like everything was too little too late. Chiefs almost had full control of this game. No excuses for how awful this team is at living up to its expectations. Getting really tired of searching for answers... F

Well stated...so much so that I won't bother to rate this game, my scores would look very much the same as your.

I will add this, this game really looks bad for Tomlin and Butler in particular and even Fichtner had enough bad moments to factor in this loss.

Coming into the game Reid realized he had mismatches in this game and milked them to perfection. They schemed Bostic on Kelce several times, but Kelce also seemed to torched Edmunds, Davis, and Burnett. Great player, but the Steelers had no answer.

Butler…on paper man for man, his DL/front7 is better than KC’s OL. Some bad execution no question, missed tackles, etc….he played a mixture of man and zone but didn’t generate much pressure at all…1 sack by McCullers of all people…iirc TJ, Heyward had a nice QB hits. They moved him off his spot, a few times, but at one point in the game this kid was 20-23/300+/5TDs…Madden like shit. He broke a record supposedly…perfect or near perfect QB rating on this DEF....on the road in his 2nd game as a pro. Are you fucking serious Butler? To think I thought this DEF might finally be ready this yr.

Fichtner…execution is always front and center on OFC, and to Randy’s defense, the game was dictated to him fairly early, but there were stretches early in the game and in the 3 & 4Qs that they went 3 & out or didn’t respond with the game hanging in the balance and the lead was right back to 2 possession again.

Tomlin…this is the most damning of all imo. After being dominated by the KC OFC, but catching some major breaks and clawing back to a tie game at the half….WTF did they do at the half??? KC comes right back out and continued dominating scoring on 3 consecutive possessions as if this were Alabama vs NE LA St.

Within 10 minutes the Steelers were right back in a two possession hole…at home, taking the crowd back out of the game. That was the ball game imo so I would like to ask Tomlin…just what did you guys do at the half? That was the worse display of second football adjustments I’ve ever seen.

Lot of games to play, but they’ve already underachieved the 1st Q of the season by my standards…I thought worse case 3-1.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense.....needs to be fixed. A. S. A. P. Because we head to Tampa next week and they look like noone can stop them. Never thought I'd say this...but I'm worried about the game vs. the Bucs.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense.....needs to be fixed. A. S. A. P. Because we head to Tampa next week and they look like noone can stop them. Never thought I'd say this...but I'm worried about the game vs. the Bucs.
Still wouldn't be surprised to see them dominate the bucs, but also wouldn't surprise me to see the Bucs manhandle them lol. The Bipolar Tomlin Express continues on.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm officially worried about every game after that performance yesterday.

Tomlin's teams don't handle prosperity very well, but they seem to perform best when their backs are against the wall...it's still early, but IMO, their backs are against the wall already.

We shall see.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm officially worried about every game after that performance yesterday.

Tomlin's teams don't handle prosperity very well, but they seem to perform best when their backs are against the wall...it's still early, but IMO, their backs are against the wall already.

We shall see.
If the trend continues then we'll see a pissed off team this week. Guess we can be thankful that they had it happen this early instead of weeks 5-8, since we've grown accustomed to the abuse every year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the trend continues then we'll see a pissed off team this week. Guess we can be thankful that they had it happen this early instead of weeks 5-8, since we've grown accustomed to the abuse every year.

They have no choice now...beat the Bucs, or beat the Bucs if they want this season to have any worth.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have no choice now...beat the Bucs, or beat the Bucs if they want this season to have any worth.
Primetime football against yet another of the NFL's hottest offenses. If Tomlin wants to make a statement, then its time to put the big boy pants on. They lose that game then kiss their season goodbye. I would expect all out chaos to ensue. Maybe not the apocalypse, but the locker room will be lost.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with NorthCoast, F isn't a low enough grade for coaching and Defense. Is Z too low???

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've given the offense a solid B to B+, but otherwise, I agree.

As to the defense, I wish there was a lower grade than F.

And though I've defended Tomlin for years, I'm about finished with that. He's not a true leader...he has no concept of discipline.

And not attempting the onside kick, and counting on THAT D to get them the ball back with 2 minutes remaining? Bloody stupid. :L
When the announcers said Tomlin was putting it all on his D to get the ball back, I knew the game was over!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the announcers said Tomlin was putting it all on his D to get the ball back, I knew the game was over!!!
It was like watching Tomlin point a leafblower at Hurricane Florence.

"The blower simply didn't execute"

Yea I'm sure its the equipment's fault there Mike.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was like watching Tomlin point a leafblower at Hurricane Florence.

"The blower simply didn't execute"

Yea I'm sure its the equipment's fault there Mike.
I don't know why but this reminds me of the old clip of a TB coach being asked about his Offense's execution and him replying he's in favor of it.

I guess Tomlin can't be truthful and admit his game plans sucked, can he??? Or can he!!! Picture this after the next embarrassing tie/loss:

Press: Mike, what happen today?
MT: Our game plans sucked!
Press: Stunned Silence...............
MT: If there are no more questions, I gotta go and start working on better game plans for next week. *Walks off*

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As hot as TB is right now, our only hope is TB returns to earth and implodes on Monday Night and beats themselves cause our coaches haven't proven so far this season that they can game plan to beat them or make in-game/halftime adjustments.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As hot as TB is right now, our only hope is TB returns to earth and implodes on Monday Night and beats themselves cause our coaches haven't proven so far this season that they can game plan to beat them or make in-game/halftime adjustments.
The optimist inside me wants to say this team is still a sleeping giant capable of beating any team like a red-headed step-child... But I'm tryin to keep that inner-optimist sedated for now.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The optimist inside me wants to say this team is still a sleeping giant capable of beating any team like a red-headed step-child... But I'm tryin to keep that inner-optimist sedated for now.
The capability is there but yeah, best to keep it sedated until they prove the monster has awoken.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The capability is there but yeah, best to keep it sedated until they prove the monster has awoken.
Oh I've got the medicine to keep that bastard in deep hibernation.

tenor.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO... Dud Dupree got absolutely owned here

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did, hopefully he has better tape than that the rest of the way...lol
I don't understand how that guy trains & trains & trains on his pass-rush moves but they never show up on the field. Take that play for example, all that bag punching in the offseason should have trained him to fight this block with his hands. Shuck the O-lineman's arms and rip through. But no, Bud just relies on speed & strength every time. Makes me sad that they picked up his 5th year option.