• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 vs KC

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've given the offense a solid B to B+, but otherwise, I agree.

As to the defense, I wish there was a lower grade than F.

And though I've defended Tomlin for years, I'm about finished with that. He's not a true leader...he has no concept of discipline.

And not attempting the onside kick, and counting on THAT D to get them the ball back with 2 minutes remaining? Bloody stupid. :L
I finished with defending Tomlin about midseason last year. He's a rah-rah coach, nothing more. He has the ability to rebound the team and lead them to the postseason, so here's to hoping for that. But if they are ever down in a game, he rarely produces answers. He has a football IQ well below room temperature.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching... Stumbling out the gate, lethargic & uncoordinated. Don't know how it keeps surprising me. 12 more penalties to add to their already impressive total. Offense had zero balance but still somehow managed to stay in the game. They go from giving Conner 30+ carries week 1 to just 8 this week? Chiefs controlled the game forcing them to throw, but in the 2nd half they had more than ample opportunities to run the ball and they chose not to. Playcalling looks pretty elementary so far through 2 games. Defense was laughable. Soft zone coverage all day long was getting dissected, and they kept rushing only 2-4 guys. Sound familiar? Why was Butler putting Bostic on Kelce? Just why? Icing on the cake from the final KC drive when the entire world knew they were going to run the ball on the first play and they still picked up 9. How have they not learned their lesson with that lame duck defense? It's incredibly dense of them to keep trying it. These coaches should be put on blast this week. Just all around embarrassing. No strategy or adaptations or answers. Starts at the top with Tomlin. Not all coaches can be Belichick, but this team deserves someone that understands how to put their team in the best position to win. Tomlin needs to do better. But still shame on all of them.... F

Offense... Decent protection from the goon squad. Ben looked much better but still got away with a few balls that should have been intercepted. Also saw numerous misreads but not a bad performance by Ben. Didn't love that he threw 60 times today. Jesse James & JuJu took advantage of AB's double teams today. That's what they need to do. Sadly it just wasn't enough. The lack of innovative playcalling & gametime adjustments are really hurting this offense. They need to find an identity, and quickly... C+

Defense... Implosion. Just all around embarrassing showing from the defense. So many lapses in coverage and communication breakdowns. Apparently losing Joe Haden causes them to all disappear. Burns is simply not a zone CB. He's absolutely awful at it because he's not smart & has zero awareness. Mahomes is a good QB with a very quick release so the D-line was phased out quickly. They shut down the run game for the most part, but where was the pressure? Had a lot to do with Butler's schemes. Since he couldn't get to the QB he abandoned his blitz packages. Same shit, different day.... F

Overall... Despite the end score being close it still felt like everything was too little too late. Chiefs almost had full control of this game. No excuses for how awful this team is at living up to its expectations. Getting really tired of searching for answers... F

Oh...one more thing...you left out special teams. I'm going with D-. One punt kept it from being an F.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Squeaky wheel always gets the grease at some point. One of the problems is FIchtner isn't giving AB his rub routes. If AB gets yards he has to earn every single one of them. And going against double/triple teams makes that almost impossible to do.

This could very well be the case, but on the sidelines, during the game, on national tv is not the place to throw tantrums.
It's so Dallas cowboy shit....
And if he does get more grease, at what cost???
Does Ben start forcing the ball because he and Fich don't want AB up in their faces???

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could very well be the case, but on the sidelines, during the game, on national tv is not the place to throw tantrums.
Does Ben start forcing the ball because he and Fich don't want AB up in their faces???
like they did in game 1

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just glad to see them showing emotion. Plenty of blame to throw around. I’d be much more worried if they were complacent in defeat. This team is ridiculously talented and they all know it, just can’t figure out how to put it together on the field for 4 quarters. Big part of that is coaching. Coaches let them all down big time today.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyward was all over the place and did well. Dupre and Burns were not impressive. Juju had a nice game, I never figured they'd put up 37 (or whatever it ended up) with the overthrows happening constantly, but they took the underneath stuff for a lot of yards and points. I can't bitch about the offense too much, though, when the defense gives up 42 and 6 td passes, that was just gross.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just glad to see them showing emotion. Plenty of blame to throw around. I’d be much more worried if they were complacent in defeat. This team is ridiculously talented and they all know it, just can’t figure out how to put it together on the field for 4 quarters. Big part of that is coaching. Coaches let them all down big time today.

I've never been one to bitch about the coaching here too much, but yeah, Face is right, we've reached that point now. Maddening. Maybe consider having a guy cover a tight end a couple of times a game, that may help. Jesus.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been one to bitch about the coaching here too much, but yeah, Face is right, we've reached that point now. Maddening. Maybe consider having a guy cover a tight end a couple of times a game, that may help. Jesus.

Coaching has been an issue since 2009 when Harrison ran back the touchdown 99 yards and Tomlin's words to his guys were.....
"My Bucks did it 3 times in the super bowl, that's only one."

What Fuckin coach compares any team, let alone the shit Bucks, to our team.

Tomlin would rather suck everyone's nuts than shove his foot up their asses and motivate them.....

If Cowher were still coaching, bet your ass everyone is drowning from the spit coming off the Chin's lower lip.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get what you're saying Face.....
But I don't care if he's getting his touches, and he shouldn't either.
If they are double and triple covering him, then someone should be going house on the opponents. And JuJu and James did that. So he's warranting more coverage for his team to get the job done.
Only problem is the D is taking every other quarter off. It's Fuckin sickening.

Coaching has always been, since Tomlin ran off Lebeau off, a major issue.
There is no discipline, there is no consequences for the shit these guys do.

This coaching staff has, and continues to under-perform with what could of been one of the deadliest offenses in league history. But coaching has year after year failed. Our should we just say, Tomlin has failed.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And AB needs to realize, when he felt so honored and shit in the preseason.......

He got all pretty for the curse......

madden19antoniobrowncvr.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying Face.....
But I don't care if he's getting his touches, and he shouldn't either.
If they are double and triple covering him, then someone should be going house on the opponents. And JuJu and James did that. So he's warranting more coverage for his team to get the job done.
Only problem is the D is taking every other quarter off. It's Fuckin sickening.

Coaching has always been, since Tomlin ran off Lebeau off, a major issue.
There is no discipline, there is no consequences for the shit these guys do.

This coaching staff has, and continues to under-perform with what could of been one of the deadliest offenses in league history. But coaching has year after year failed. Our should we just say, Tomlin has failed.
Agreed.

Warning... rant comin in hot. I’m about 6 deep

Just think about what this team has accomplished since they turned the roster over after their last Super Bowl appearance... maybe 3-4 playoff victories is it? They have had arguably the most talented offense in the salary cap era for the last 3-4 years and what do they have to show for it? The defense constantly lets them down. It has nothing to do with Bell. He was there for the loss to Jax. Offense has put up 79 pts in their last 2 losses at home. How that doesn’t equate to wins is beyond me. Doesn’t seem matter how many draft picks they throw at the defense. They have invested a shit ton of draft capital and have produced maybe 2 all-pro players? And what happened to all that talk of Tomlin being some sort of defensive guru? His defenses have sucked harder than a crack whore at a five o’clock free crack giveaway. Can you just imagine how bad things would be if Ben had retired 3-4 years ago? Without Ben I don’t think Tomlin will last as a head coach.

“We didn’t execute”

“Just gotta start faster”

“We’ll be ready”

Yada yada yada talk talk talk.

I’m so sick and tired of hearing that every damn week. I’m exhausted with this same old shtick & hoping they will finally figure it out. At this point I have a hard time believing they ever will. We should all just take September off every year & start tuning in during October. Tomlin’s Troops are always a hot mess during September.

Currently this is a team full of individuals. Everyone is out there for themselves. Tomlin has created a culture here that he can no longer influence. Too many big egos that aren’t working as a collective group. And every year like clockwork they find themselves in this exact same predicament. They have to get slapped around and embarrassed before they finally wake up. Why do they seem to forget this every fucking year? Does the off-season perform some sort of mind reset on these assholes? Let’s just keep doing the same thing every year and hope things get better?

Not giving up on them because I’m a fan for life, but I’m just tired of searching for answers. It’s time to just call a spade a spade... by agreeing that Tomlin is hot garbage.

Just wake me up when this team figures it out!!!

Go Steelers

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today felt a little like the last Steelers home game minus the turnovers. NO DEFENSE. The whole offseason to get a ILB and Bostic is the best they can do? Do they really want to win another Super Bowl?

We've had this great offense for years and cant win when it counts. Look at the Eagles. Nobody like AB or Bell and yet they won a Super Bowl.

We need the medical staff to get Haden healthy. We need him every game.

Seems like Boswell is off his game right now. Thankfully, we didn't get the ball back with like a minute to go or so. He missed that FG and extra point. We would have only needed a FG instead of a TD.

Tomlin doesn't believe the first thing that comes out of his mouth. He just tries to sound smart and thinks he's fooling all of us. It's all about the results and the results say that this franchise hasn't won it all in the past decade. No discipline and nobody held accountable for these awful performances.

The season is just getting started and anything can happen. It's just that they really get me so upset after I had been looking forward to their season getting started for the past so many months. I almost wish we could start over. I'm getting tired of this crap every season. Start the season like you want to win a championship.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Warning... rant comin in hot. I’m about 6 deep

Just think about what this team has accomplished since they turned the roster over after their last Super Bowl appearance... maybe 3-4 playoff victories is it? They have had arguably the most talented offense in the salary cap era for the last 3-4 years and what do they have to show for it? The defense constantly lets them down. It has nothing to do with Bell. He was there for the loss to Jax. Offense has put up 79 pts in their last 2 losses at home. How that doesn’t equate to wins is beyond me. Doesn’t seem matter how many draft picks they throw at the defense. They have invested a shit ton of draft capital and have produced maybe 2 all-pro players? And what happened to all that talk of Tomlin being some sort of defensive guru? His defenses have sucked harder than a crack whore at a five o’clock free crack giveaway. Can you just imagine how bad things would be if Ben had retired 3-4 years ago? Without Ben I don’t think Tomlin will last as a head coach.

“We didn’t execute”

“Just gotta start faster”

“We’ll be ready”

Yada yada yada talk talk talk.

I’m so sick and tired of hearing that every damn week. I’m exhausted with this same old shtick & hoping they will finally figure it out. At this point I have a hard time believing they ever will. We should all just take September off every year & start tuning in during October. Tomlin’s Troops are always a hot mess during September.

Currently this is a team full of individuals. Everyone is out there for themselves. Tomlin has created a culture here that he can no longer influence. Too many big egos that aren’t working as a collective group. And every year like clockwork they find themselves in this exact same predicament. They have to get slapped around and embarrassed before they finally wake up. Why do they seem to forget this every fucking year? Does the off-season perform some sort of mind reset on these assholes? Let’s just keep doing the same thing every year and hope things get better?

Not giving up on them because I’m a fan for life, but I’m just tired of searching for answers. It’s time to just call a spade a spade... by agreeing that Tomlin is hot garbage.

Just wake me up when this team figures it out!!!

Go Steelers

I couldn't of said it better Face!!!!

See rant below.........

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, from the word go I have not been one Fuckin but excited for this season.
I mean I usually go all out on Sunday, the fan ritual and shit.....I have not been feeling it.
I still am a fan of this team, but with all the drama that goes on year after year.....these guys want to play into that shit, and it hurts them in the long run. And it is all too blame on coaching. They should never allow this shit to grow as it does in Tomlin's play house. Because that's what that locker room has become is a Sunday afternoon joke. They ain't good enough to be on Saturday morning with Mr Rogers, and Captain Kangaroo, or even PeeWee's playhouse.....

Tomlin a defensive guru.....
Fuck that noise....2005 Bill Cowher delivered us #5.
With guys named Hampton, Keisel, Smith, Haggins, Farrior, Foote, Hoke, Essex, Colcough, McFadden, Townsend, and Logan.... just to name a few.....And these are the guys no one knows. The offense was loaded just the same a shit ton of no names and a few guys very well known. But Cowher took these no manners and made them champs.....yea Tomlin has one super bowl, but maybe, maybe out of that while team, more than half was Cowher's team.

I have noticed a pattern with asshole Tomlin, didn't really dawn on me until James Harrison.
When he is done with guys on this team he totally treats then like shit, lies to them, and just disposed of them.
Perhaps the ugliest one of all was Troy. But look at it, Hampton, Ward, Keisel, Smith, Troy, Lebeau, and Harrison....he forced them all out. Yes, Pittsburgh has a thing with tossing guys to the side when they feel their years are numbered, but with these guys in particular, he forced their hands. He made them all out to be the bad guys instead of it being a football decision. Fuck, all of us would of been fine after a week or so losing these guys, but he made all of them out to be a dramatic production.
I'm sure very few remember how some were handled, but Harrison still fresh in everyone's mind..... he was given a contract, he was promised playing time, yes he got beat out by Watt...but we still could of used him. But Tomlin discarded him.

I haven't liked Tomlin since he made those ignorant Fuckin comments in Super Bowl 43.....And I've disliked him more as time goes on. If what he did with the Suckaneers was so awesome, why has he fielded Shit defenses every year since SB43?? Oakland is looking for a new bitch for Gruden, maybe he should get to getting.

Our no name offensive line can rally around the greatest qb in Steeler history, but the rest of the team can't.....
As much as I despise Terry Bradshaw, he's right. Tomlin is a cheerleader not a Fuckin coach. Tomlin deflects blame instead of accepting his short comings. Lack of discipline.....coaches fault, lack of execution.....coaches fault, he's gonna unleash Hell....what an asshole. How Fuckin cheap and classless do you have to be.....he stepped on the field to trip a rival player...Fuckin scumbag.

He has allowed the drama, the games, the slap and tickle shit to thrive in our locker room.....
Never would players have ever done the shit or say the shit they do now. There is no fear of backlash from coaches or upper management......how fast would Cowher, LeBeau, or Chuck ripped Burns off the field and benched his ass for a few plays for what he did against Jarvis Landry???? What did Tomlin do, he laughed about it....it's all a game to him.

I have been black and gold since birth, will die die hard Steelers.....But this is worse than the 80's. At least then they weren't expected to do shit, but they did from time to time. This team should have ruled the NFL the last 3 years, but Tomlin is to big measuring everyone's dick size.

Fuck you Tomlin and fuck you bell (couldn't leave out fuck face)

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, sorry about the typos, but you know what I'm saying!!!

Honestly, I'm more excited about hockey this year than the clusterfuck that is our locker room.
A little friendly banner with my Steeler brethren.....
Because as in recent years, it's like a family feud with all of us watching Tomlin fuck up our Steelers on every level possible.
We've all gotten testy with one another because of Tomlin's bullshit.
He not only rips apart the locker room, but he does us as fans too.