• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 discussion

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have to post strictly in here, but there may be one off topics we want to talk about that couldn't merit an entire thread.

Things I liked or were worried about:

-seemed to be fewer penalties on Dallas, always a plus
-too little running by Dallas
- dropped pass by Dez late. That sealed our fate

- lack of 10 yard plays in the playbook. This one is my biggest pet peeve. If it is 3rd and 6 we go for 4 yards. If it is 3rd and 10 we go for 20. We don't have any 11 or 12 yard plays. That also screws us in the red zone. We don't need a special playbook, just some routes for getting 10 yards. Been an annoyance for me for the last few years, can't ever pick up 8-10 yards on 3rd down. Then when we get 1st and 10 from the 18 yard line we either have to punch it in or get ready for a field goal, because between the 10 and 15 yard lines we don't have anything to go to. I hate having specialized plays. Get a standard playbook and go with it, no need for situational "cuteness" that this team has a penchant for.

- special teams looked good, from what I can remember
- Coaches need to be less afraid to challenge plays
- Glad McQuistan is Seattle's problem now, good lord he looked bad
- finally, terrible sports weekend for me. Rangers swept, Cowboys lose, Aggies lose, both fantasy teams lose, both pickem leagues were crappy again. Luckily it was a 4 day weekend with another 3 day this coming one.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
minus us losing I thought it was a great week of football. Lots of games went to the final drive. (always love seeing that)

To get to the cowboys.....
I didn't like our special teams. But I give more of that to the punter of KC (HAHA YEAH A PUNTER) He kept us pinned back.... and not to forget .. The one we actually got on the 20 was because the first guy to touch the ball had stepped out of bounds... our we would have been sitting on the 2?

I don't see why we gave up on the run. I know it wasn't working but it was keeping the defense half ass honest. I dont care if you only average 2 yards a carry all game.... I don't agree with giving up on it in a game that close.
(Can't blame Garrett for that shit no more)
Never understood why we didnt switch our receivers around a bit... Maybe throw Dez into the slot a few plays Here and there to keep them guessing?
Dunbar needs to learn how to hold onto the ball.... this fumble and the one he had in preseason ... he just dropped the ball.... without it being touched.... That's pee wee league bullshit.
and Dez? WTF 100 yards and a TD in the 1st quarter..... then doesn't do shit. And yet again drops another ball that could have won a game (did it last year vs the Skins(first game))

I still dont see doom and gloom though. 1st two weeks alot of sloppy football ... thing will get back to the norm next week and week 4

Thought I defense played good for the most part.... thought they got tired late. As we get healthier that will improve

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, no doom and gloom here. Unless the injury bug kicks in, I think we will get better. Have to win the next 2, and they won't be gimmes.

I've also wished Dez could go into the slot to throw defenders off. I don't think there is trust there though, don't think he could be expected to run the right route based on where the LBers line up. He has his plays down now, let's not mess him up by confusing him.

jonny_blaze

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get to see any of the game due to being on vacation so all I can so is post, IMO, the best analysis on a weekly basis about Dallas

Bob's Blog - Live from Lewisville

highlights: "They ran 13 plays from under center all day and 7 of those were "drive starters", meaning it was the first play to start each drive. The other 47 snaps were from shotgun, and that is fine if you are going to use your weapons to create issues and opportunities all over the secondary. But, instead, it was dump off after dump off and they played right into the pressure that the Chiefs were running at them again and again."

since 2010, the Cowboys are 0-11 in road games without a takeaway

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-seemed to be fewer penalties on Dallas, always a plus

the number of penalties sometimes isn't as bad as the timing. Didn't we have another red zone penalty that may have cost us 4 points? That shit is like Ground Hogs day at this point. Saw it in the Giants game too.

edit - I almost forgot the timing of the worst penalty of the day: Claiborne. Also Dez had a catch brought back. I'd say penalties were a huge problem yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the number of penalties sometimes isn't as bad as the timing. Didn't we have another red zone penalty that may have cost us 4 points? That shit is like Ground Hogs day at this point. Saw it in the Giants game too.

edit - I almost forgot the timing of the worst penalty of the day: Claiborne. Also Dez had a catch brought back. I'd say penalties were a huge problem yesterday.

The penalty on DEZ was pure BS

Claiborne was guilty as sin

But good teams overcome that stuff were just not that good yet despite the talent on this team

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can forgive penalties while making a play on the ball a lot more than I can the deadball penalties like false start or offsides.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we could drop a TE like Smith from the roster and add a FB. Sure would be nice having a guy beside Romo on most plays to buy him extra time and open more holes for Murray.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we could drop a TE like Smith from the roster and add a FB. Sure would be nice having a guy beside Romo on most plays to buy him extra time and open more holes for Murray.

Not until the team comes to a realization, we don't have the personnel to run the two TE set that many times.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are at were I thought we would be. A win vs. Giants and loss vs. Chiefs. If we are to win the division and go to the playoffs, we must beat the Rams and Chargers the next 2 weeks. If we don't, pack it in.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not until the team comes to a realization, we don't have the personnel to run the two TE set that many times.

True. We need to keep both TE's for most plays because of poor OL play. A good OL and our TE's can leave on routes, and they can get more than 3 steps before Romo has to bail.