• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 17, Phoenix Cardinals @ The Los Angeles Rams, Sunday, 01/03/20, 1:25 PM PST

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he finally calmed down. Dude moved the chains and ate up clock. With good play calling and this D look out
Yeah, Worford had 20 more rushing yards on 15 less carries than Cam. I don't think Cam was really ready to come back just yet.

I do think when Andrew gets back to LT, we will see a lot better OL play as a unit, and we will be able to run the ball next week with all who run the rock.

Interesting to see who will be under Center next week.

As @Retroram52 says.....

Stay Tuned!

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolford is a solid backup we just found out. So if Goff gets hurt no worries. But I would love next season for the RAMS to have a QB competition for starter between the two. Have Goff as a back up maybe ? All this Wolford needs is reps. He can run and really looked good passing for a guy who never played a snap in a reg season game. Give him reps and he'd be better because he can run too. Maybe RAMS can get some high end players for Goff if someone bites.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to imo. Goff isn’t healthy. Either is Akers and no idea why Brown didn’t get more carries
I don't get it either why Brown doesn't get more carries.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Worford had 20 more rushing yards on 15 less carries than Cam. I don't think Cam was really ready to come back just yet.

I do think when Andrew gets back to LT, we will see a lot better OL play as a unit, and we will be able to run the ball next week with all who run the rock.

As @Retroram52 says.....

Stay Tuned!
It’s amazing what veteran leadership can do sometimes.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As @Retroram52 says.....

Stay Tuned!

Malcolm brown ran good today. Akers should have been sat this game to be ready next week. That was a mistake imo

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RAMS defense played hard. Wonder why Brett Hundley didn't play ? That other QB wasn't half as good as Hundley. Wolford ate some clock didn't he. Yeah just what RAMS needed. Wolford should be the starter. Not next game but next season. He just need reps. RAMS receivers played real good. Kupp was out and they stepped up. Everett should never be thrown a ball he has to go up for. Looks like Special Ed when he does. RAMS can beat Seattle. RAMS got a history doing it. GO RAMS

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RAMS defense played hard. Wonder why Brett Hundley didn't play ? That other QB wasn't half as good as Hundley. Wolford ate some clock didn't he. Yeah just what RAMS needed. Wolford should be the starter. Not next game but next season. He just need reps. RAMS receivers played real good. Kupp was out and they stepped up. Everett should never be thrown a ball he has to go up for. Looks like Special Ed when he does. RAMS can beat Seattle. RAMS got a history doing it. GO RAMS

I wouldn’t be the least bit shocked if Everett was a cap casualty this off-season.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah he looked like Clifford Franklin from the replacements when he dropped that TD; i can agree on the cap casualty unless we can trade him in the off season for a higher pick or another OL/LB.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JW needs to start and be handed the reins this week. Goff does not need to see the field at all imho. IF we lose at Seattle and he plays well then yes definitely there's going to be some QB competition next season between JW/Goff and hopefully 1 preferably the latter be shown the door for some draft picks or compensation.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Wolford does read defenses better than Goff with just 1 game under his belt.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JW needs to start and be handed the reins this week. Goff does not need to see the field at all imho. IF we lose at Seattle and he plays well then yes definitely there's going to be some QB competition next season between JW/Goff and hopefully 1 preferably the latter be shown the door for some draft picks or compensation.
I’ll mention what I said last week. Let’s try to trade Goff to the Patriots for some picks. They need a quarterback and like giving away picks. Also, Bill is probably desperate to find a quarterback to make into the next Brady since Newton didn’t work out and the Bucs are going to still be playing next weekend.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t be the least bit shocked if Everett was a cap casualty this off-season.

Everett will be gone after this year. Higbee and then the rookie from Purdue right behind Everett ready to go

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Everett is much better than Higbee, but McVay doesnt utilize him enough ( which is weird since McVay was the one who drafted him in the 2nd round ).

he is going to be big for whatever team signs him and they actually utilize him as their #1 TE.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolford looked good once he got over his nerves.

he adds an element to the offense Goff doesn’t provide and which defenses have to account for.

that being said, McVay will start Goff even if he isn’t ready because it’s the playoffs and Goff is his guy for some reason.

I think playing Wolford would make it harder on the Seattle D. They wouldn’t be able to just pin their ears back and rush the passer with Wolford’s running ability.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about Wolford starting next week. I can see Pete Carrol licking his chops if we do! AND, I'm not ready to cut ties with Goff just yet.

He has had some outstanding games when he had a decent running game which gives both he and the WR time, it's not like we have that WR in our WR Corp to take the top off of defenses.... Remember when we had both Watkins and Gurley?

Goff was money, and he just didn't have the game experience to get it done vs elite defenses and coaching...

I imagine Goff would be an asset at stops like, Tenn, Minn, Jack, GB, CHI... (Not all exactly needing a younger QB, but he would be a fit none the less)

With that, before we jettison Goff off to another team, I think our focus should be to give him OL help so we can actually run the ball, if we could just do that with the top of the league, Goff is the perfect fit....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Wolford does read defenses better than Goff with just 1 game under his belt.
Get out of town Chili!

Week 12 vs the Cardinals
Goff
Passing 37-47, 351 YDS, 1 TD, 0 INT
Rushing 1 YD, 1 TD
38:53 TOP

Week 17 vs the Cardinals
Wolford
23-38, 231 YDS, 0 TD, 1 INT
Rushing 56 YDS, 0 TD
37:53 TOP

We're just lucky Murray went out early, we could have been asking a lot more out of Wolford than we had to ask of him with their backup QB in for most of the game.