• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 17, Phoenix Cardinals @ The Los Angeles Rams, Sunday, 01/03/20, 1:25 PM PST

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he needs to take a look at the man in the mirror RR, but Dumbass? :lol:

Sean still has a record of .672 all time record, which put him at No. 13 All Time.

All Time RR!

Can't say Dumbass as of today my man, I mean even Billy B is at .673, a 100th of a percent, or a just a tick better...

And SM's 2-2 Post Season Record still has him at No. 47 All Time with a lot of story still untold....

As a point of reference, even the Great Andy Reid is at No. 46 All Time, just a tick above Sean.....

Those two are in good company
Dude. the number .673 and .672 are one 1000th different. The first place right of the decimal is your tenth spot. The second is the 100th spot. The third is the 1000th spot. lol.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he needs to take a look at the man in the mirror RR, but Dumbass? :lol:

Sean still has a record of .672 all time record, which put him at No. 13 All Time.

All Time RR!

Can't say Dumbass as of today my man, I mean even Billy B is at .673, a 100th of a percent, or a just a tick better...

And SM's 2-2 Post Season Record still has him at No. 47 All Time with a lot of story still untold....

As a point of reference, even the Great Andy Reid is at No. 46 All Time, just a tick above Sean.....

Those two are in good company
Well all those numbers indicate achievements in the past and they are indeed impressive but since the snooperbowl fiasco, genius boy has behaved more like a dumbass than a genius, especially this year losing to several teams we had no business losing to and could have easily won with some obvious preparation. But the dumbass title has more to do with what is going on recently and less about past achievements. But I'll give you the benefit of the issue here and claim that is the reason I now call him genius/dumbass boy to encompass the totality of his coaching career.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. the number .673 and .672 are one 1000th different. The first place right of the decimal is your tenth spot. The second is the 100th spot. The third is the 1000th spot. lol.
Obviously, since I fixed and corrected the typo before you read and quoted...

Not sure why you're posting on obvious typos my man...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well all those numbers indicate achievements in the past and they are indeed impressive but since the snooperbowl fiasco, genius boy has behaved more like a dumbass than a genius, especially this year losing to several teams we had no business losing to and could have easily won with some obvious preparation. But the dumbass title has more to do with what is going on recently and less about past achievements. But I'll give you the benefit of the issue here and claim that is the reason I now call him genius/dumbass boy to encompass the totality of his coaching career.
Okay, I get it, not 'dumbass' but 'genius/dumbass boy'.... Not as harsh IMO...

When he loses the games he should win, and yet wins most of the games one can flip a coin on, it has to be more about complacency than dumb IMO....

I guess to your argument, that's rather dumb...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMH

Really SJ?

So are you really saying a 74.6 QBR is better than a 87.6 QBR?

You take what the defense gives you. If the Red Birds were giving the Rookie those down field looks, he should take 'em.

And you know, it's not as simple as those stats you posted.

The defense will play those two QB's different, if they give Goff the underneath stuff, and he still able to score 2 TD's in the process and move the chains, he should take 'em...

The Rook will get better, but let's not get all crazy about it.

Even Warner had a full season before he hit the post season....

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMH

Really SJ?

So are you really saying a 74.6 QBR is better than a 87.6 QBR?

You take what the defense gives you. If the Red Birds were giving the Rookie those down field looks, he should take 'em.

And you know, it's not as simple as those stats you posted.

The defense will play those two QB's different, if they give Goff the underneath stuff, and he still able to score 2 TD's in the process and move the chains, he should take 'em...

The Rook will get better, but let's not get all crazy about it.

Even Warner had a full season before he hit the post season....

passing chart man look at the passing chart. You know... in the title of the article ? Lol when is the last time you saw Goff throw a deep ball? You sticking up for Garbage Goff now?

“When a backup quarterback is suddenly thrust into the starting lineup, the offense typically becomes simplified.The playbook isn’t as open, the calls are more conservative and the backup typically takes what the defense gives him by making short, safe throws underneath.

That wasn’t the case for John Wolford in the Rams’ season finale against the Cardinals, which happened to be his first NFL game ever. In fact, the Rams offense became more aggressive than it was under Jared Goff in previous weeks.”

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s some stats.. if you like stats. Goff in 4 games against San Fran and Seattle this year:

2 TDs, 4 INTs

QB rating was atrocious. Backup Nick Mullens on San Fran in his 1 matchup against the Rams #1 defense in the NFL had a better QB rating than any of Goff’s 4 matchups against our 2 biggest rivals.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sticking up for Goff, just saying defenses likely gonna play defense to whoever is throwing the rock.

Like you said...

“When a backup quarterback is suddenly thrust into the starting lineup, the offense typically becomes simplified.The playbook isn’t as open, the calls are more conservative and the backup typically takes what the defense gives him by making short, safe throws underneath.
So what's a defense gonna do? Worry about the deep ball or disquise the deep stuff and play against the 'simplified' safe, short throws underneath?

This ain't brain surgery SJ....

But, I'll spell it out, if they KNOW he has a simplified offense passing game plan, then they will defend against it.

That leaves those 1 on 1 deep throw available A LOT more!

Situations like those are stuff these Vet QB's work hard at getting from time to time, with those Rooks it's there if they can figure it out, and fortunately for us, Wolford was able to recognize 'em, and take advantage.

If Goff had those same scenarios, make no mistake, his 5 years of service puts our Rams right in line for some huge plays, and the DC's, and defenses of the NFL know this and give him the dink and dunk stuff most of the time...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, recognition of blitz or showing blitz and making the right call for both QB's and Defenses are critical in this league for the success of a QB or a DC. It's a chess match and when you have a Rookie out there behind Center the DC has all the leverage.

The problem only occurs when you have a Rookie that takes advantage of the DC's leverage. Too bad Wolford never fully capitalized on it, if he had, we could have scored at the very least 1 touchdown, right?

I mean, that's why you don't leave your DB's on an Island, right?

Anyway, I hope Goff/Wolford scorches the Hags defense. We can really play a game of Chess here on who is behind Center, if we play our cards right.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sticking up for Goff, just saying defenses likely gonna play defense to whoever is throwing the rock.

Like you said...

So what's a defense gonna do? Worry about the deep ball or disquise the deep stuff and play against the 'simplified' safe, short throws underneath?

This ain't brain surgery SJ....

But, I'll spell it out, if they KNOW he has a simplified offense passing game plan, then they will defend against it.

That leaves those 1 on 1 deep throw available A LOT more!

Situations like those are stuff these Vet QB's work hard at getting from time to time, with those Rooks it's there if they can figure it out, and fortunately for us, Wolford was able to recognize 'em, and take advantage.

If Goff had those same scenarios, make no mistake, his 5 years of service puts our Rams right in line for some huge plays, and the DC's, and defenses of the NFL know this and give him the dink and dunk stuff most of the time...

Try reading again. Like the 2nd paragraph vita. Start where it says.. “that wasn’t the case here”

and yes actually you are sticking up for Goff.

That wasn’t the case for John Wolford in the Rams’ season finale against the Cardinals, which happened to be his first NFL game ever. In fact, the Rams offense became more aggressive than it was under Jared Goff in previous weeks.”

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L also from article/more truth

“Wolford was aggressive and threw the ball to all levels of the field, spreading it around nicely in his first career game. As we can see in his passing chart from Next Gen Stats, he even took shots downfield – a part of the offense that has been sorely lacking all season long.

Of Wolford’s 38 throws, nine were at least 20 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. He completed three of them along the boundary, and a couple others were close to being caught, too.”

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff combined QBR averaged in the 60s for 2 games against Seattle and San fran

More troof

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, recognition of blitz or showing blitz and making the right call for both QB's and Defenses are critical in this league for the success of a QB or a DC. It's a chess match and when you have a Rookie out there behind Center the DC has all the leverage.

The problem only occurs when you have a Rookie that takes advantage of the DC's leverage. Too bad Wolford never fully capitalized on it, if he had, we could have scored at the very least 1 touchdown, right?

I mean, that's why you don't leave your DB's on an Island, right?

Anyway, I hope Goff/Wolford scorches the Hags defense. We can really play a game of Chess here on who is behind Center, if we play our cards right.

How many TDs does Goff have against the Seahawks this year man?

Zero? In 2 games?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try reading again. Like the 2nd paragraph vita. Start where it says.. “that wasn’t the case here”

and yes actually you are sticking up for Goff.

Oh, do you mean the paragraph I quoted? I read it and quoted it, so maybe you just don't understand the dynamics well enough.

I love John Wolford, I hope he gets most of the snaps and torches Seattle, I hope he is the future and we can move Goff, sound like I'm defending Goff now?

But don't you think for a moment, if J Wolford becomes our starter, he will be defended differently as time goes on. Those deep throws just wont be one on one situations for him like it was in his first NFL start.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L also from article/more truth

“Wolford was aggressive and threw the ball to all levels of the field, spreading it around nicely in his first career game. As we can see in his passing chart from Next Gen Stats, he even took shots downfield – a part of the offense that has been sorely lacking all season long.

Of Wolford’s 38 throws, nine were at least 20 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. He completed three of them along the boundary, and a couple others were close to being caught, too.”
Who here disagrees that shots down field have been lacking from our offense? But to compare pocket passers to scramblers, Rookie QB's to Veterans QB's and expect the Professional Defenses of Football to play them the same way is ludicrous.

To take this away, you give up that, to take that away you give up this. There are only 11 men on defense on any given snap, so you play the skill sets of those in front of you....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff combined QBR averaged in the 60s for 2 games against Seattle and San fran

More troof
More slanted troof my man...

At least I compared these two against the same team, when you post shit like this it's like you think all NFL defenses and HC and DC were all the same.

I know you know better.

How bouts that fer troof my man?