• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 17, Phoenix Cardinals @ The Los Angeles Rams, Sunday, 01/03/20, 1:25 PM PST

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always loved you posting chili.
Agree!

Chili still reminds me a lot of Mr. Pickemrite over on CBS, remember that guy SJ?

I believe Chili just doesn't do that hard trolling Mr P used to love to do...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Wolford kid alot. Has some real good wheels, thinks on the fly, makes things happen, and he doesn't Q-U-I-T! Has a rifle arm and is a real gunslinger. Solid and pretty darn frosty to boot. Not as Good as Warner's first game but damn close. I like the D effort today and because we have not visited the endzone with an offensive TD since the fourth quarter of the JETS game, the D had to score the first TD of the game for the Rams.

Our O-line continues to stink it up. Edwards and Havenstein were the jackasses today. Blythe is done. His one -year deal should not be renewed. From snapping low on more than several occasions, to missing blocks, to just plain getting manhandled, this dude should be shipped out the door with Brian Allen.

We are still in trouble because we have not scored a TD on offense in 8 quarters and the blame falls at the feet of genius/dumbass boy. We ain't GOING TO WIN ANY PLAYOFF GAME IF THIS TREND CONTINUES.

We draw Seattle in Seattle for the wildcard game, next week. Goff should not play. He should just sit and heal and they should go with Wolford. Again, genius/dumbass should go to the Jumbo and play it for a quarter or two. But I doubt that will happen.

Great D effort. Hill and D. Williams are unsung on the D side of the ball as is Fox who took Brockers spot and had a great game. AD finished the year with 13,5 sacks. Another super year for him as many of his games were double and triple teams.

Gay has found a home. Guess who is the kicker for the Titans? Sloman, SLOBOY for cryinn out loud!!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get out of town Chili!

Week 12 vs the Cardinals
Goff
Passing 37-47, 351 YDS, 1 TD, 0 INT
Rushing 1 YD, 1 TD
38:53 TOP

Week 17 vs the Cardinals
Wolford
23-38, 231 YDS, 0 TD, 1 INT
Rushing 56 YDS, 0 TD
37:53 TOP

We're just lucky Murray went out early, we could have been asking a lot more out of Wolford than we had to ask of him with their backup QB in for most of the game.

I agree, yes Goff makes some bonehead plays, yet seems like he has NO time whatsoever! Even Wolford had guys in on him quickly only difference Wolford can run!!
All that being said everyone is jumping all onboard for Wolford, it was 1 game!! Just like everyone is on board with Akers, while he may turn out to be good, he really only had 1 really good game this year. Wasnt Henderson suppose to be the next best thing since Trung Candidate??

I think our biggest issue is the Oline no matter who is at QB or RB

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, genius/dumbass should go to the Jumbo and play it for a quarter or two. But I doubt that will happen.
Petey-boy Carrol will stack the box with 8 and 9 all game long, just like he did 2 weeks ago.

He knows McVay cannot resist playing those numbers which will force Sean into that pass happy offense.

Once Petey gets that, he knows we are done, and all he needs is the eventual Rams turnover (happens every game) and that one TD drive from Wilson in a defensive struggle game, just like 2 weeks ago.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you wanting Wolford vs the Hags....

Keep in mind, he barely beat a team AT HOME! A team that without the HailMurray would be 7-8, and this was a team led all season by Murray, who Wolford really didn't go H2H against yesterday.

Enter your wish list next Saturday of Wolford behind center IN SEATTLE!!!

He will be asked to go H2H vs the 12-4 Hags, with their 8X Pro-Bowler and SB Champ QB, and don't forget about the difference in HC's in Arizona and Seattle as well!

What I wouldn't mind seeing, Wolford in at QB in spot situations, like 3rd and longs... But they would need to get him in early and often considering the way he started out yesterday...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted Vita, Wonder boy suffers from playoff experience and against the likes of Seattle but Goff can't throw with a thumb that is a mess. If they go to the Jumbo, then it doesn't matter who is under center except for an occasional short pass. But I'll take the inexperience for those wheels Wolford has and that alone gives him the advantage over Goff!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You go with the QB that got you there and is healthy. Team is rallying around JW. Goff needs to sit and refresh his mind/body. Goff could return to a better form if he sits a bit. It’ll be interesting to watch this week.

No matter what we still have to contain Russ and those RBs in Seattle.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree SJ76. Last dude to get you there is JW. The rest is up to the D.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that RW is 5-0 at home in the Playoffs, lifetime. That is tied for 2nd best EVER in the NFL record books!

I agree, Goff needs to be healthy, otherwise you go with Wolford.

Wolford was outstanding in a number of ways yesterday, however a few things are concerning....

Not that Wolford is the first QB EVER to win a Week 17 in his first NFL start with his teams Playoff hopes on the line.

And it's not that he is the first QB EVER to throw for more than 200 yards and rush for more than 50 yards in their first NFL start.

No, those are very impressive stats, especially considering his path to his first NFL start.

What is concerning, is this teams inability to get offensive TD's. I just don't see us winning on the road with this Rams' Defense and espeially Matt Gay doing all the scoring.

But if we EVER needed someone who has thrown, or ran for a TD with 1st and goal in the NFL, if we have a choice...

And if we EVER needed someone who has won a Playoff game on the road in the NFL, if we have a choice...

And if we EVER needed someone who has played more than 1 NFL game, if we have a choice.

Then we need them now, we need them this week.

And I'm sorry fellas, but that choice is Jared Goff...

However I agree with you both, if Goff is not healthy enough to start...........

We will rally behind Kurt Wolford, and play good football!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Goff will be ready next week. I bet he dresses but JW will probably start. The thumb is pretty darn important for a QB's throwing hand. We will probably not get the word until late this week but remember the Rams play on Saturday next week. One less day to heal.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that RW is 5-0 at home in the Playoffs, lifetime. That is tied for 2nd best EVER in the NFL record books!

Wolford was outstanding in a number of ways yesterday, however a few things are concerning....

Not that Wolford is the first QB EVER to win a Week 17 in his first NFL start with his teams Playoff hopes on the line.

And it's not that he is the first QB EVER to throw for more than 200 yards and rush for more than 50 yards in their first NFL start.

No, those are very impressive stats, especially considering his path to his first NFL start.

What is concerning, is this teams inability to get offensive TD's. I just don't see us winning on the road with this Rams' Defense and espeially Matt Gay doing all the scoring.

But if we EVER needed someone who has thrown, or ran for a TD with 1st and goal in the NFL, if we have a choice...

And if we EVER needed someone who has won a Playoff game on the road in the NFL, if we have a choice...

And if we EVER needed someone who has played more than 1 NFL game, if we have a choice.

However I agree with you both, if Goff is not healthy enough to start...........

Excellent valid points all around as usual Vita. This game is going to be a tough one and we may get blown out but if Wolford gets playoff experience, we come ahead in the long run as this guy is a keeper. He could be a RB in the Hekker mode. You know. Kicker but can throw it from the HS days. Love the reference to Warner. Kirk Wolford. LOL!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petey-boy Carrol will stack the box with 8 and 9 all game long, just like he did 2 weeks ago.

He knows McVay cannot resist playing those numbers which will force Sean into that pass happy offense.

Once Petey gets that, he knows we are done, and all he needs is the eventual Rams turnover (happens every game) and that one TD drive from Wilson in a defensive struggle game, just like 2 weeks ago.
Man, if McVay would just stop biting on the passing game given the first chance and actually run the Jumbo the entire game, we could win this game against the Seahags. But he is so addicted to his perceived passing-game genius he nearly gets a stiffy whenever he thinks he sees an opening. That is when he goes into dumbass mode and a snake like Carroll is going to be all over that like stink on poo. Most veteran coaches like Carroll and Belicheat relish playing this gullible genius boy/dumbass because he plays right into their traps which they set and dumbass mode boy can't see it for the trees.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger issue above all of this is the FACT that we have not scored a TD on offense in 8 quarters. That means this offense is in the tank and dumbass boy can't figure out what the problems are. When you are scoring every other way possible during the game than actually putting the ball in the endzone on offense, you have some serious blinders on or else you really have convinced yourself you are a genius when everyone else KNOWS you are a dumbass.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get out of town Chili!

Week 12 vs the Cardinals
Goff
Passing 37-47, 351 YDS, 1 TD, 0 INT
Rushing 1 YD, 1 TD
38:53 TOP

Week 17 vs the Cardinals
Wolford
23-38, 231 YDS, 0 TD, 1 INT
Rushing 56 YDS, 0 TD
37:53 TOP

We're just lucky Murray went out early, we could have been asking a lot more out of Wolford than we had to ask of him with their backup QB in for most of the game.

I see Wolford looking side to side making reads then throwing to an open man. I see Goff only look one side of the field and hope someone gets separation if the play isn't there. Never looking fast to the other side of the field. This season he has many low passing yards. I do think he should start against Seattle though. He does do good against them.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger issue above all of this is the FACT that we have not scored a TD on offense in 8 quarters. That means this offense is in the tank and dumbass boy can't figure out what the problems are. When you are scoring every other way possible during the game than actually putting the ball in the endzone on offense, you have some serious blinders on or else you really have convinced yourself you are a genius when everyone else KNOWS you are a dumbass.
I agree he needs to take a look at the man in the mirror RR, but Dumbass? :lol:

Sean still has a record of .672 all time record, which put him at No. 13 All Time.

All Time RR!

Can't say Dumbass as of today my man, I mean even Billy B is at .673, a 100th of a percent, or a just a tick better...

And SM's 2-2 Post Season Record still has him at No. 47 All Time with a lot of story still untold....

As a point of reference, even the Great Andy Reid is at No. 46 All Time, just a tick above Sean.....

Those two are in good company

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Goff will be ready next week. I bet he dresses but JW will probably start. The thumb is pretty darn important for a QB's throwing hand. We will probably not get the word until late this week but remember the Rams play on Saturday next week. One less day to heal.
Maybe that thumb injury will be a blessing in disguise. Goff was throwing wobblers whole game before the injury. Maybe now they'll come out tight spirals lol

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that thumb injury will be a blessing in disguise. Goff was throwing wobblers whole game before the injury. Maybe now they'll come out tight spirals lol
I mean who knows, seeing someone else who didn't arrive in the NFL with a No. 1 Silver Spoon perform well enough, may just get his competitive juices going again!!!

JG needs to look at film of a number of QB's who performed well without a lot of protection.

I do think he is caught up in his own paradigm regarding pocket pressure. And I do think McVay is part of the problem, can't always listen to everything the coach says, there are plenty of approaches to success.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean who knows, seeing someone else who didn't arrive in the NFL with a No. 1 Silver Spoon perform well enough, may just get his competitive juices going again!!!

JG needs to look at film of a number of QB's who performed well without a lot of protection.

I do think he is caught up in his own paradigm regarding pocket pressure. And I do think McVay is part of the problem, can't always listen to everything the coach says, there are plenty of approaches to success.
This offseason I think he needs to seriously consider getting an offensive coordinator. The offense hasn’t seemed to have that spark nearly as much as the previous years.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goff just played in Seattle 2 weeks ago. How did he do? Basically looked like it was his first start. JW will clean up most of those mistakes. Goff is gonna Goff once again

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad this isn’t college football because I remember a team that had a young running qb run for downs 1-2 and then a senior qb would convert long 3 downs. Won a championship too. But then again teams in the pros usually can adjust a defense pretty quick