• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 17 Packers/Lions moved to Sunday Night

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew it would be a game televised out west, just didn't think it would be in a prime time spot. The networks aired the crap out of da Bears, Vikings and Packers(mostly) out here all season long. All season long the only aired out here was the Thanksgiving game. I hope this isn't a conspiracy that I get to watch the Lions piss the playoffs away by losing out on Monday and then on Sunday.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posting a bit early, Lions still have Cowboys game tonight.

Week 17 is for the NFC North - Packers at Lions

My take on Packers:
Offense:
- playing much better over last 5 games. Jordy is much more healthy now and he is Rodgers favorite target, Montogmery and Michaels give Packers some semblance of running game again and Cook who had been injured has returned and gives Rodgers big target.
- OL has been pretty good this year, better at pass blocking. After Rodgers may be strength of the team.

Defense:
- Pass defense is a mess. Randall and Rollins 2nd year draft picks are up and down, neither are a #1 CB.. injuries have also slowed them down. Now Guntar is injured and he was the best physical CB.. unsure what his status will be for Sunday Night.
- Run defense is good, but not great.
- Clay playing with bad shoulder and Perry with broken hand.. probably 2 of the best defensive players this year.
- Really like Ryan (Michigan) and Martinez at ILB early in year.. but both have come back from injuries in last couple of weeks and do not look quite the same yet.
- Pennel still on suspension.... bigger lose in running game, but still have depth
- Pass rush a bit lacking last 2 games, but looked a little better vs Vikings
- Defense living on turnovers currently to allow Packers to get leads (and hold on for victories)

STs
- Crosby solid at kicker
- Schum decent as punter.. good at directional punting and pinning inside 20
- Coverage units up and down this year, as they have allowed some TDs and big returns
- Packers seem to get a lot of penalties with punt returns

Think this game will be close.. have not seen Stafford play since injury. If this game was Stafford 100% healthy I would easily put my money on Lions.. Packers pass defense that poor even during this win streak.

Hope Lions pull out W vs Cowboys and stay healthy coming into Packers game.

Best of luck to Lions the rest of the way and if they beat Packers in week 17, represent the North well in the playoffs :suds:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew it would be a game televised out west, just didn't think it would be in a prime time spot. The networks aired the crap out of da Bears, Vikings and Packers(mostly) out here all season long. All season long the only aired out here was the Thanksgiving game. I hope this isn't a conspiracy that I get to watch the Lions piss the playoffs away by losing out on Monday and then on Sunday.

It's already a conspiracy to you, right?

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that's what I said in a post I just posted after quoting you... The MVP of the year and Game has already been handed to Aaron Rodgers. The NFL wont allow the Lions to spoil their plans.

EDIT: I still believe the Lions fan base is still paying for ousting Millen.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we cue the Jim Schwartz-like choke job?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions will play full of fire, I see them snapping Green Bay's hot streak and sending the packers home.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions will play full of fire, I see them snapping Green Bay's hot streak and sending the packers home.
So confident. You should do an avy bet.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't say these games are "rigged" but definitely "massaged" towards certain teams. Not exactly certain teams every time but what makes the league the most money.

Packers/Lions instantly moved to Sunday night. Packers should win cause they draw more revenue for the league and would make the league more money if they made it over the Lions.

I would be utterly shocked if there weren't any shady calls against the Lions next Sunday. Unless they totally blow it on their own and the refs don't need to step in.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on Packers:
Offense:
- playing much better over last 5 games. Jordy is much more healthy now and he is Rodgers favorite target, Montogmery and Michaels give Packers some semblance of running game again and Cook who had been injured has returned and gives Rodgers big target.

God help the Lions if they have to play Bademosi at cornerback again. Rodgers/Nelson will light him up like a Christmas tree.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. At least it will be after the skins game too. Might already be in the playoffs by then. It will feel less like backing in (although it still will be) if it happens before we play the last game.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say these games are "rigged" but definitely "massaged" towards certain teams. Not exactly certain teams every time but what makes the league the most money.

Exactly, the bigger fan bases are always in the playoffs with one Cinderella (smaller fan base) team making it to keep their fan base hooked.

Packers should win cause they draw more revenue for the league and would make the league more money if they made it over the Lions. I would be utterly shocked if there weren't any shady calls against the Lions next Sunday.

Shady? I always thought they were blatant towards the Lions or NON-Calls to favor the other teams to fit the NFL agenda.

Unless they totally blow it on their own and the refs don't need to step in.

When the officials start with their favoritism the Lions roll over and die and become overpaid actors. Sure the Lions still play hard, but, they don't play to win!!!

Nice. At least it will be after the skins game too. Might already be in the playoffs by then. It will feel less like backing in (although it still will be) if it happens before we play the last game.

The only thing the Giants have to play for is killing the Redskins chance of making the playoffs, which we might get to see three teams from the NFC East in the playoffs. Buccaneers still have a shot of leap fogging the Lions too if the Redskins fail.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing the Giants have to play for is killing the Redskins chance of making the playoffs, which we might get to see three teams from the NFC East in the playoffs. Buccaneers still have a shot of leap fogging the Lions too if the Redskins fail.

Actually the Bucs can only make it if the Lions beat GB and the skins lose. Even then it will come down to the SOS. TB may be the only team with a weaker SOS then GB though so they need a few other games to go their way too.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the Bucs can only make it if the Lions beat GB and the skins lose. Even then it will come down to the SOS. TB may be the only team with a weaker SOS then GB though so they need a few other games to go their way too.

If the Buc's win, they would have the same Win/Loss and Conference record BUT THE BETTER DIVISION RECORD if the Lions lose. How is it the Lions are able to trump that?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Buc's win, they would have the same Win/Loss and Conference record BUT THE BETTER DIVISION RECORD if the Lions lose. How is it the Lions are able to trump that?

Division record means nothing as far as I know. Things like common opponents and SOS do.

NFL Tie-Breaking Procedures

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Division record means nothing as far as I know. Things like common opponents and SOS do.

NFL Tie-Breaking Procedures

It's odd that the Buccaneers are still in the hunt and haven't been eliminated yet. A Buc's win with a Lions and Redskins loss and the Buc's are in the 6th seed.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's odd that the Buccaneers are still in the hunt and haven't been eliminated yet. A Buc's win with a Lions and Redskins loss and the Buc's are in the 6th seed.

Actually they need the Packers to lose not the Lions. They also need the Giants and Skins to TIE. plus about 5+ other games to go a certain way to get SOS.

Bucs are out for all intents and purposes. They need not just 1 miracle but a bunch of them.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs are out for all intents and purposes. They need not just 1 miracle but a bunch of them.

Need help from AFC teams is in their scenario? Okay, so we can write the Buc's out of it. I was wrong in saying the G-Men have nothing to play for when they can lock down the 3rd seed. I'll go with we can write the Redskins out of it too.

NFC Wild Card Weekend...

(6th) Lions vs (3rd) G-Men
(5th) Seahawks vs (4th) Packers

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need help from AFC teams is in their scenario? Okay, so we can write the Buc's out of it. I was wrong in saying the G-Men have nothing to play for when they can lock down the 3rd seed. I'll go with we can write the Redskins out of it too.

NFC Wild Card Weekend...

I hope you are right but I would not write the skins off yet though.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFC Wild Card Weekend...

This scenario is not even possible as Seattle is not a #5 wild card and the Gmen can only be the #5 wild card.