• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 16 NFC Playoff picture

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So if the season ended today, the Giants would play at Lambeau, and Washington would play at Seattle.

I'd expect Seattle to win. Pack-NYG is a toss-up. I'd actually be fine with that. The Packers & Giants are the 2 teams who worry me the most, and one of 'em would have to lose. And there's no way the Bears would beat the Packers in Lambeau. If the Bears got the 6th seed, round 2 would probably be Packers VS Niners and Atlanta VS Seattle. If the NYG get in and beat the Packers, it'd be NYG @ Atlanta and Seattle at SF.

I can't believe it; I'm actually going to root for the Giants for the next 4 weeks.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Seattle would play at Washington. Division winner gets the home game always.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the season ended today, the Giants would play at Lambeau, and Washington would play at Seattle.

I'd expect Seattle to win. Pack-NYG is a toss-up. I'd actually be fine with that. The Packers & Giants are the 2 teams who worry me the most, and one of 'em would have to lose. And there's no way the Bears would beat the Packers in Lambeau. If the Bears got the 6th seed, round 2 would probably be Packers VS Niners and Atlanta VS Seattle. If the NYG get in and beat the Packers, it'd be NYG @ Atlanta and Seattle at SF.

I can't believe it; I'm actually going to root for the Giants for the next 4 weeks.

I don't get it? You said that the Giants are a team that worries you.

Why wouldn't you root for the Giants TO LOSE OUT and not make the playoffs? Then you could hope that we miss the Packers somehow. At least thats how I'm rooting, plus I'm rooting to miss Atl somehow too.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it? You said that the Giants are a team that worries you.

Why wouldn't you root for the Giants TO LOSE OUT and not make the playoffs? Then you could hope that we miss the Packers somehow. At least thats how I'm rooting, plus I'm rooting to miss Atl somehow too.

I don't get it either, I'd rather not have to face the giants as they get hot going into the playoffs. We aren't going to get home field thought out and our home fans cheer for us while we are on offense anyway. Give me a favorable match up anyday.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried in the least about going up to Green Bay and playing the Packers. They've already shown they can beat them up there and, in bad weather, the advantage swings even further to the Niners since the Packers cannot run the ball.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't get it either, I'd rather not have to face the giants as they get hot going into the playoffs. We aren't going to get home field thought out and our home fans cheer for us while we are on offense anyway. Give me a favorable match up anyday.

The way the Packers have been playing, they now worry me more than the Giants.

But it's looking like the Giants' playoff hopes die today (unless they have an amazing 4th quarter).

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the Packers have been playing, they now worry me more than the Giants.

But it's looking like the Giants' playoff hopes die today (unless they have an amazing 4th quarter).

Yes packers will be a tough match up, I still don't get why you want giants to do good as opposed to having them removed. They just match up against us so well. What are you hoping they achieve by doing good? what would giants beating ravens do for us?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think the Giants would've had a better chance of beating the Packers than Bears would.

I didn't expect the Vikings to beat the Texans though, so they can still get the wildcard spot if they beat Green Bay next week in Minnesotta (I think).

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Week 17

ATL beats TB
CHI beats DET
NO beats CAR
NYG beats PHI
GB beats MIN
SF beats AZ
SEA beats STL
DAL beats WAS

equals

1. ATL - Home field - Bye
2. GB - Bye

6. Chicago @ 3. San Francisco
5. Dallas @ 4. Seattle

That's what it would look like in that scenario.

-------------

Even if you switch the Redskins to a win over the Cowboys, it doesn't affect the 49ers in the first round.

If you only switch the Lions to a win over the Bears, the 49ers would have to face the Giants in SF if the Giants beat the Eagles.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Week 17

ATL beats TB
CHI beats DET
NO beats CAR
NYG beats PHI
GB beats MIN
SF beats AZ
SEA beats STL
DAL beats WAS

equals

2. GB - Bye

5. Dallas @ 4. Seattle

-------------

Even if you switch the Redskins to a win over the Cowboys, it doesn't affect the 49ers in the first round.

If you only switch the Lions to a win over the Bears, the 49ers would have to face the Giants in SF if the Giants win.

LOL, At the Dome? I don't think it'll happen. Niners get the first round bye.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Week 17

ATL beats TB
CHI beats DET
NO beats CAR
NYG beats PHI
GB beats MIN
SF beats AZ
SEA beats STL
DAL beats WAS

equals

2. GB - Bye

5. Dallas @ 4. Seattle

-------------

If you only switch the Lions to a win over the Bears, the 49ers would have to face the Giants in SF if the Giants beat the Eagles.

And if the sky falls in and the 49ers lose and the Seahawks win, the 49ers fall to the 5th seed and they would play the winner of the Redskins and Cowboys in the first round either IN WAS or DAL.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if the sky falls in and the 49ers lose and the Seahawks win, the 49ers fall to the 5th seed and they would play the winner of the Redskins and Cowboys in the first round either IN WAS or DAL.

If this happens.....UGH.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going from one of the million scenarios but we could have 3 rookie and 3 second year QBs in the playoffs. Luck, Wilson, Kap, Ponder, Dalton, and RGIII.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think worst case scenerio would be if the Bears lose to Detroit next week and then we would have the Giants at home. Besides that I like our chances against Washington, Dallas or Chicago.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Hunter, Manningham, and possibly no Justin Smith plus Klusterfucknic at QB. My confidence is at an all time low heading towards the playoffs.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Wow..No love for the Vikes?
IMO, Giants, Bears and Cowboys won't make the playoffs.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If SF loses and Minnesota wins, Seattle has a shot at the 2nd seed and a first round bye. :shocked: