• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 15: MNF: Panthers @ Redskins

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be interested to see film review from the X and O guys. But to my eye, it looked like Kirk was jumpy, inaccurate and ineffective all night. Some dropped balls but a lot looked like they were placed poorly, either too high or low.

This is a team loss, Cousins was not good but there were a lot of problems in this game and a lot of people that did not play well. The Oline had a bad game. 11 yards rushing? 4 to 1 passing vs. run. We know this formula has not worked all year. There have been a number of posts, this team wins when it is balanced. I don't know how you blame one guy.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you make a guy the highest paid corner in the league, He gets his hands on 14+ balls and has all of ONE INT..... Color me underwhelmed. I expected more for all the hype he has gotten. We ran Carlos Rogers out of town for basically playing like.... Josh Norman.
c'mon dude. He has those numbers because the rarely throw his way. Why would they when the middle of the field is constantly wide open?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a little critical of Norman as well, I too expected more than 1 pick. But after that game there is so much more to be upset about than Josh Norman and the lack of runs called. The run game got destroyed and killed drives with constant 2nd and 10. They trailed by 2 scores the majority of the game, continuing the run would have been simply idiotic. Let's try a list that is more applicable

Run blocking was absolutely pathetic
We dropped passes.
Kirk was really bad, continuing my concern that he plays small in big moments too often. 2 of his 3 primetime games he laid an egg.
The defensive line was once again horrible
The ILB and Preston Smith were once again horrible
The safeties? What safeties.?
Joe Barry. Enough already.
Fuck Dustin Hopkins. As we saw last night teams are better off kicking it to the goalline, coverage teams are 5 yards closer so returns rarely make it to the 25. Kai Forbaith would work pretty well right about now.

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea why Carolina was getting 7, I would have jumped on that. Most of us saw this coming a mile away, it was Monday Night. Despite their record Carolina was playing much better recently.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually both corners played pretty well last nt. However - when you basically get no pass rush most of the time & your safeties & LBs can't cover anyone - well - it really doesn't matter. No pt in bitching about Norman - he is on the team - deal w/ it. He will contribute & be an asset assuming that they start adding young talent to the rest of the defense. You obviously need to start at safety & the D line.

Seriously - did the Redskins go w/ something like a 1-4-6 formation most of the nt? It seems like it since the D line was invisible for most of the game. Their rushing defense was atrocious.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW. Since I'm new and can't start a thread, it's nice finally talking Redskins with y'all, I've actually followed all the way from ESPN boards when we had bananaman and shortbus and a few others. I just decided to sign up, but you still won't hear a whole lot from me. Lol I'm not very sociable only when drunk:suds:
a few more posts and you should be able to let me talk with the bosses and see if you can get going

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c'mon dude. He has those numbers because the rarely throw his way. Why would they when the middle of the field is constantly wide open?

I get that. But for this season dude has had his hands on 14 balls, and come away with one pick. One.. thats it. We expected more, or rather I will say... I expect more from some one who came so highly regarded and at such a premium cost.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever said DJax and Garcon had a good game was right, pretty much everyone else played poorly.

Three of the last 4 they have laid an egg.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a team loss, Cousins was not good but there were a lot of problems in this game and a lot of people that did not play well. The Oline had a bad game. 11 yards rushing? 4 to 1 passing vs. run. We know this formula has not worked all year. There have been a number of posts, this team wins when it is balanced. I don't know how you blame one guy.
I don't blame just one guy. And agree it was a team loss. That said, my opinion of Kirk's play this game remains the same.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mismatch was thru the air. Nuff said.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whelp, Cian (A known Kirk detractor) explains his stance on Kirk - this was last week, prior to his game last night.

Interesting read, regardless of what you personally think Kirk's worth is.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not reading that clown's article.

The last time I brought this up other posters mistakenly suggested that I was giving up on the players or the GM when that was simply not the case. However there is nothing wrong with pointing out that after 14 games this team has gotten virtually nothing out of their entire 2016 draft class. Doubt there are many other teams that can say that.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not reading that clown's article.
I like to read both pro and con articles myself. Dont agree with Cians final opinion on Kirk myself but I don't think he's a 'clown' with his analysis either.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to read both pro and con articles myself. Dont agree with Cians final opinion on Kirk myself but I don't think he's a 'clown' with his analysis either.

Any article with a title saying Kirk is a bottom tier starting QB is not worth my time. Bottom tier starters include the likes of Blake Bordles, Osweiler, Trevor Simien, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Robert Griffin, Kaepernick etc. Anyone saying Kirk belongs in that group is a clown, sorry.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame just one guy. And agree it was a team loss. That said, my opinion of Kirk's play this game remains the same.

Agree that he did not play well but many did not. JMO but it is one thing to not have the talent but to not play hard or to execute to your ability is frustrating. I feel like they did that in this game and the Arizona game.

Another big problem is 47 passes to 11 runs. That is not the recipe for winning. Those who like to blame Cousins can do it all they like, they are never going to win when that is the pass vs. run ratio.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another big problem is 47 passes to 11 runs. That is not the recipe for winning.

its a chicken or the egg scenario ...

you lose the option to stay balance when you're playing catch up

& you can not catch up when teams know you're one dimensional

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although behind I don't believe they had to give up the run until some time in the 4th quarter. There was plenty of time left. If you are tell down less than two scores early in the game you can use your normal offensive game plan. Don't remember who but someone stated you pretty much give away the play action pass (a big staple of the Skins game) if you do not run the ball. Instead the Panthers sold out and the Redskins did little to counter act what Carolina was doing.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Galdi gives his five biggest takeaways from the Redskins' 26-15 loss to Carolina on Monday Night Football. (Date Added: 12/20/16)

ESPN 980 Audio Vault - Play Now

Cooley Film Breakdown! Cooley & Kevin grade and analyze the Redskins Defense from their loss on Monday Night Football to the Carolina Panthers... (Date Added: 12/22/16)

Cooley Film Breakdown! Cooley & Kevin grade and analyze the Redskins Offense from the Monday Night Football loss to the Carolina Panthers. Plus, in-depth analysis on Kirk Cousins, Vernon Davis, Pierre Garcon and the rest of the Offense!(Date Added: 12/21/16)