• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 15: MNF: Panthers @ Redskins

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem isnt who we missed because we signed him.

The problem is, we never even tried to address the D-line. The concept that we had the cap space to sign him two weeks into free agency, And had added NOTHING to the D-line is what should concern most of us. If anything Norman should have been icing on the cake... not the whole forking cake as it were.
I completely agree. we did not address the line and it is killing us. But that's not because we signed norman. Hell, we have over $16M in available cap still this year. We had the money.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leading rusher on the team...wait for it...Kirk Cousins with 11 yards :L

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree. we did not address the line and it is killing us. But that's not because we signed norman. Hell, we have over $16M in available cap still this year. We had the money.

When you make a guy the highest paid corner in the league, He gets his hands on 14+ balls and has all of ONE INT..... Color me underwhelmed. I expected more for all the hype he has gotten. We ran Carlos Rogers out of town for basically playing like.... Josh Norman.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Cam loan Josh his coat?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IM going to have to watch the game again. But Gruden should be bitch slapped for the play calling. He put the entire game on Cousins shoulders, with zero help from the defense and people will be calling for us t let him hit FA at the end of the season.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM going to have to watch the game again. But Gruden should be bitch slapped for the play calling. He put the entire game on Cousins shoulders, with zero help from the defense and people will be calling for us t let him hit FA at the end of the season.
I'll be interested to see film review from the X and O guys. But to my eye, it looked like Kirk was jumpy, inaccurate and ineffective all night. Some dropped balls but a lot looked like they were placed poorly, either too high or low.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be interested to see film review from the X and O guys. But to my eye, it looked like Kirk was jumpy, inaccurate and ineffective all night. Some dropped balls but a lot looked like they were placed poorly, either too high or low.

Any time your QB was asked to throw the ball 49 times, and you only called 11 rushing plays.... kind of got to throw the QB performance out the window. CArolina knew we were not going to run, they played max zone (to perfection) kept everything in front of them and made Mcvey/Gruden look clueless. When our starting RB has less than 1 yard per carry..... and the QB still passed for 315 yards..... IM thinking the issues were NOT so much the QB as the coaching or lack there of.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good sum up from Keim

LANDOVER, Md. -- The Washington Redskins entered Monday night controlling their playoff fate. It sounds a bit silly now. The last thing the Redskins looked like Monday was a team deserving of the postseason.

Their 26-15 loss to the Carolina Panthers wasn't about effort. It was about being handled on both sides of the ball. It was about making mistakes you just can't make if you're in the hunt for a playoff spot. A tight end throwing a punch inside the 10-yard line and getting ejected -- with your team driving for a possible touchdown? Inexcusable.

If Washington's performance on Monday was all that someone had seen of the Redskins this season, the easy conclusion would be that this franchise is 7-6-1 but with a long way to go.

It's not as if they've been beaten up all season, even by the top teams -- they've played well at times. But here's the reality: They have a defense that needs talent guided by a coordinator who hasn't yet proven he can develop a top unit (or even a top-half one); they had a quarterback in Kirk Cousins who picked the wrong game to have arguably his worst night of the season.

He missed high, wide and low and failed to see some open receivers. Cousins certainly can -- and must -- play better. But Monday? He wasn't good.

Really, though, this was a pick-your-poison game. The Redskins' defense provided little resistance, though it did force Carolina into four field goals of 35 yards or less. But they miss too many tackles and have too many players who are fill-ins and not part of any future here. How bad was it? At a time when the defense knew Carolina was going to run the ball late in the game, they allowed running back Jonathan Stewart to run 34 yards -- almost all of it untouched. The Panthers outrushed Washington, 148-29. That can't happen.

The talent has been a big problem and one the crowd that just wants Joe Barry's job must realize. You can change the coordinators and I won't fight you, but you must improve the talent base. The Redskins have an aging safety who can't run trying to stay deep. The result: a 30-yard Ted Ginn Jr. touchdown over top of former high school teammate Donte Whitner. The Redskins don't get consistent pressure and they leave too many gaps in coverage. A tough combo.

Carolina has played better of late, having won four of its past seven games. Its defense remains solid despite numbers that suggest a bad season. But the Redskins had just regained control of their playoff fate, yet it was the Panthers who played with seemingly more energy.

The Redskins dropped too many passes -- even receiver Pierre Garcon suffered his first of the season. Trailing by two touchdowns, and with the Redskins inside the Panthers' 10, Jordan Reed was upset with safety Kurt Colemanholding onto his arm after a play. That led to a punch. That led to 15 yards and an ejection. And that led to the end of a possible touchdown drive.

When you're fighting for a playoff spot, you can't afford such plays. When you have a defense that doesn't make plays, you can't afford two turnovers -- the Redskins gave up 10 points off turnovers.

It's not as though the Redskins still can't make the postseason. I thought they’d go 3-1 in their last four games, and now they've gotten the one loss out of the way. But they'll have to play a heck of a lot better if they want to avoid more

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norman is the least of our problems. They've built up a respectable offense now give them a chance to build a defense and lord knows it needs a lot of help. Both coordinator and talent

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norman is the least of our problems. They've built up a respectable offense now give them a chance to build a defense and lord knows it needs a lot of help. Both coordinator and talent

Norman is an over rated Carlos Rogers though. So he might not be the biggest of our problems. But when you are the highest paid CB in the league, get your hands on 15 passes, and have one INT..... This fucker is as over rated as they come.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his competitive nature and heart. I think he will be fine. He's a gamer. He just needs a better supporting cast, also it wasn't the offenses greatest night either

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his competitive nature and heart. I think he will be fine. He's a gamer. He just needs a better supporting cast, also it wasn't the offenses greatest night either

I have said all season, if your offense has no choice but to put up 30 points to have a realistic shot at winning .... the defense is the problem

Norman is an upgraded version of Carlos Rogers. Fucker couldnt catch a cold buck naked in Alaska. But he looks good in a fur coat after a loss.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue much for this season. but I've seen him make the interceptions

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue much for this season. but I've seen him make the interceptions

In his career he has 50 passes defensed and 8 INT. That means he actually intercepts less than 1 in 5 of the balls he gets his hands on.

Rogers had 73 passes defended and 8 INTs for us.

Norman is a slightly better, massively overpaid Carlos Rogers.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW. Since I'm new and can't start a thread, it's nice finally talking Redskins with y'all, I've actually followed all the way from ESPN boards when we had bananaman and shortbus and a few others. I just decided to sign up, but you still won't hear a whole lot from me. Lol I'm not very sociable only when drunk:suds:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW. Since I'm new and can't start a thread, it's nice finally talking Redskins with y'all, I've actually followed all the way from ESPN boards when we had bananaman and shortbus and a few others. I just decided to sign up, but you still won't hear a whole lot from me. Lol I'm not very sociable only when drunk:suds:

Welcome back to our nightmare. :suds:

Shitty part is.. .we will likely beat the Bears by 3 points. The Bucs will lose to the Saints.... and all we will need is to beat NY.... at which point Eli will torch us for like 700 yards and 8 TDs.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's so true. The way I see it though with our defense we aren't winning the SB anyway, so let the chips fall where they may