• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 14...@ OAK

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not kid ourselves either. I know you all want tomlin gone, but i dont even entertain it. the steelers dont do that. The guy has 2 superbowls and NEVER has had a losing season. If he wins one more game he keeps that never losing season streak alive. THe steelers will not let him go

I've said a dz times if I've said it once...I don't expect Mike to be gone anytime soon, but if he was let go, it would be after Ben is gone.

Now if Ben had a Rodgers-McCarthy type relationship with Tomlin and Ben was under-contract for 2-3 more seasons...I could see Tomlin getting fired.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has ONE Super Bowl victory, and it came with a roster loaded with Bill Cowher's players. And if it wasn't for Deebo, Ben and Santonio, he would have a Super Bowl loss to the Arizona freaking Cardinals on his resume. The other trip to the Super Bowl vs Green Bay had more of Mike Tomlin's players on it. You could tell by how unprepared they were to start that game. They started to catch up but it was too late. Rashard Mendenhall, drafted under Tomlin, lost that game with his idiotic fumble.

I already mentioned that he will keep the streak of the no losing seasons going with a win over Cincy. That streak means nothing to me. No Super Bowl appearances in eight years. No Super Bowl wins in ten years. For a franchise that prides itself on winning championships, this is unacceptable. With the talent level on offense alone, any idiot can win eight games year in and year out. The Steelers haven't had a losing season since Ben was drafted. It's nice to have a franchise QB.

I've never seen a coach do less with more than Mike Tomlin. His teams continue to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I agree though, the Rooney's will not get rid of him. Which is a major mistake. Especially if they ever want to win another Super Bowl in the near future.

While I don't agree with the total post, I think Tomlin has taken the Steelers as far as he can. In spite of a hole here or there that every team has personnel wise, his team is at a level that scheme, in game adjustments, clock management, etc. are often the difference between winning and losing the game. Those were his weakest areas 5 yrs ago, and they're his weakest areas today.

Long and short...Tomlin could probably take over the Bucs and get them to a winning team in short order...but he would struggle to beat NO as long as Brees and Payton are there. His schemes work against the majority of teams that's why he's going to win 9+ games most of the time....but when he faces a good QB/team, his schemes and their inability to adjust in game get exposed. Of course we know about the record vs bad teams.

It's time for Tomlin to move on imo as well, but for me it's not so much that he's a terrible coach...I just don't think he has the skillset to take PIT back to the dance.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="ATL96Steeler, post: 12570981, member:

It's time for Tomlin to move on imo as well, but for me it's not so much that he's a terrible coach...I just don't think he has the skillset to take PIT back to the dance.[/QUOTE]

THIS! He's not in the bottom tier of NFL head coaches. However, he also doesn't seem like he can lead a franchise like the Steelers on a return trip to the promised land. I'm sure Mike Tomlin and Mike McCarthy would both be hired in short order by other teams if BOTH were made available. The problem is, both guys went too long without winning the big one for franchises who EXPECT TO WIN it all EVERY SEASON.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="ATL96Steeler, post: 12570981, member:

It's time for Tomlin to move on imo as well, but for me it's not so much that he's a terrible coach...I just don't think he has the skillset to take PIT back to the dance.

THIS! He's not in the bottom tier of NFL head coaches. However, he also doesn't seem like he can lead a franchise like the Steelers on a return trip to the promised land. I'm sure Mike Tomlin and Mike McCarthy would both be hired in short order by other teams if BOTH were made available. The problem is, both guys went too long without winning the big one for franchises who EXPECT TO WIN it all EVERY SEASON.[/QUOTE]

For a guy that's never really been a strong X & O guy, he would've been much better off getting an established DC and staying his role as a motivator.

Being thrust into to a quasi-gameplanning role with Butler...the details (clock management, challenges, penalties) that he was never good at have never really improved.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 20 teams that would love to have Tomlin and his consistent mediocrity.

The Steelers could do much worse.

My consistent argument is, we don't want to be like those teams. Steelers need to be better. I don't trust Tomlin to bring the Steelers back to contention.

Team discipline
Team preparation
Game management
Half-time adjustments
Challenges.

Those are huge parts of a HC's job, and Mike Tomlin is bad at them all.

He's a players coach, and a lot of players like playing FOR him, but I think that really falls back on as a symptom of being bad at team discipline/preparation.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB situation ain't changing if Ben keeps playing next year. Dobbs isn't developing very well and we aren't giving Rudolph the chance to get any time in to improve. Yes, if Ben comes back, it gives Dobbs and Rudolph 1 more year to learn, but how is Ben's play gonna be any different from the last two years?
If be shocked if Rudolph is the answer. Let’s be real. The Steelers has a first round grade one him, but passed on him for Edmonds and Washington ? Seems like some bs. Unless the Steelers has round 1 grades on everyone. If

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 20 teams that would love to have Tomlin and his consistent mediocrity.

The Steelers could do much worse.

My consistent argument is, we don't want to be like those teams. Steelers need to be better. I don't trust Tomlin to bring the Steelers back to contention.

Team discipline
Team preparation
Game management
Half-time adjustments
Challenges.

Those are huge parts of a HC's job, and Mike Tomlin is bad at them all.

He's a players coach, and a lot of players like playing FOR him, but I think that really falls back on as a symptom of being bad at team discipline/preparation.
Well put

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They r killing him
On the radio

Mike tomlin is 6-5 straight up on the road when he his team is favored by a touchdown or more
On the road. Not only don’t they cover they don’t even win

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If be shocked if Rudolph is the answer. Let’s be real. The Steelers has a first round grade one him, but passed on him for Edmonds and Washington ? Seems like some bs. Unless the Steelers has round 1 grades on everyone. If
They said they had a 1st round grade on Trai Essex. And on Landry Jones.

They like to bullshit about their mid round picks.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said they had a 1st round grade on Trai Essex. And on Landry Jones.

They like to bullshit about their mid round picks.
I agree. My point is I highly doubt Rudolph is going to be the guy

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. My point is I highly doubt Rudolph is going to be the guy
Yeah. It would be amazing if he was.

But they should keep looking for QB's. It should be a priority pick position every round of the draft next year, and going forward until Ben is replaced.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when Tomlin was asked why he kept Dobbs in the game instead of Ben he answered "because the team was in good flow"

Where in those 4 drives of Dobbs' was the team in "good flow" ????

Somebody please tar & feather this asshole...

:L :L :L

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Tomlin took the helm in 2007, the Steelers are 6-5 straight up in road games where they’ve been favored by nine points or more. The rest of the NFL is 52-10. That’s embarrassing and alarming.

Tomlin’s clock management is putrid. After Oakland ran the ball on first and goal from the Steelers’ 7 on their final (winning) drive, Tomlin let 38 seconds run off the clock despite having two timeouts. Those 38 seconds would have come in handy after the Raiders scored.

Situations like that are Football 101, and Tomlin keeps flunking. Same with his replay challenges

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Tomlin took the helm in 2007, the Steelers are 6-5 straight up in road games where they’ve been favored by nine points or more. The rest of the NFL is 52-10. That’s embarrassing and alarming.

Tomlin’s clock management is putrid. After Oakland ran the ball on first and goal from the Steelers’ 7 on their final (winning) drive, Tomlin let 38 seconds run off the clock despite having two timeouts. Those 38 seconds would have come in handy after the Raiders scored.

Situations like that are Football 101, and Tomlin keeps flunking. Same with his replay challenges
He's always been a piss poor game manager. I really don't understand at all what goes through his mind during those situations. Probably nothing at all since the lights are on, but nobodys home. I think it partly has to do with ego. Seems like he challenges plays based off what he wants to happen rather than what he sees. And not managing the clock better is definitely his ego.

Tomlin is a decent coach at directing the ship throughout the course of a season, but when it comes to overall preparation week to week, scheming & in-game adjustments during critical situations... He's always been one of the worst. And it makes you wonder if he is holding the coordinators back from making proper adjustments.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trip Tomlin continues to throw his players under the bus. Ben and Boz were the recipients this time. Trip does have the one Super Bowl Ring as a head coach. Although I did forget that it came during the season that Tom Brady blew his knee out. Trip likes to lose to the Patriots. At least that worked out for him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trip Tomlin continues to throw his players under the bus. Ben and Boz were the recipients this time. Trip does have the one Super Bowl Ring as a head coach. Although I did forget that it came during the season that Tom Brady blew his knee out. Trip likes to lose to the Patriots. At least that worked out for him.
not sure why he did with ben, but boz deserved to be under a bus and run over