• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 14...@ OAK

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers head back out west for the 2nd time in a couple of weeks. Coming off probably the worst loss at home in recent memory they climb back on the horse. At 7-4-1 they still sit atop the DIV by a narrow half game margin over BAL thanks to that week 1 tie.

I don't know if that is truly back against the wall in Tomlin's world, but with NO and NE still to play, this game in OAK is a lot bigger than just the 13th opponent. Lose here and PIT could be the 6th seed. The Raiders have been trouble for PIT a close win in '15 and 2 losses out there in '13 and '12.

After a good run of games against weaker competition, the DEF was rocked by Rivers and the Chargers. With Burnett and Sutton out, they were hesitant to play much dime and chose to ride Fort and they paid a big price...Rivers did pretty much whatever he wanted late.

The Raiders (2-10) have been a dumpster fire since they traded Kahlil Mack, The Chiefs hung 40 on them in that building, but surprisingly barely got out of there with the W...40-33

Injuries...Gilbert (knee), Conner (leg), Hunter (shoulder) out. Burnett (back), Switzer (protocol) are all questionable as this point. Sutton (family illness), probable. Rogers reportedly has practiced this week, not sure of his status for this week.

For an up to date roster snapshot.

Steelers Open Week 14 With Several Roster Transactions - Steelers Depot

This game.

On paper, PIT should win this game, plain and simple. OAK has the 31st ranked DEF and the 29th ranked OFC. Of course games don't get played on paper...PIT has to go into OAK and score early and take this game by the horns. This is a copy cat league so expect Gruden to also try and find mismatches. Burnett is still a question mark, but I assume they will get Sutton back and they will go with a 4 CB dime. That should reduce Fort's snapcount.

On OFC...Samuels will get the call for RB1...I don't expect them to give him 20+ carries. OAK can't pressure and can't cover very well. Ben is going go north of 40 passes in this game.

Outlook.

If they play a halfway clean game and don't give them any short fields, I expect PIT to win by at least a TD. Once I add in the Tomlin pucker factor, and his history in these type games. I'm a little less enthused about laying 7, but I do think PIT wins this week and will call it.

27-21...PIT

What say you? Vegas is begging for more OAK money or they're a lot more confident than I am.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gut feeling... This game is going to be embarrassing. Steelers coaches just don't seem to understand how the NFL works. Without Conner I fear that Fichtner is going to pass 60+ times making the offense laughably 1-dimensional. No that Conner's presence has ever prevented that lol. Gruden is a good scheming coach so no doubt he will see that sitting in intermediate zones will give them the best chance to win this game. And he'll find it even easier to gameplan against the Steelers defense.

Steelers are just too predictable and consistently fail to adjust. I'd love to be proven wrong. But my guess is IF they win this game, it will only be because the Raiders are truly a dumpster fire and not because the Steelers dominated them like they should. Tomlin rarely gets his team prepared for coast to coast road games. I'm expecting a very sloppy game.

This ought to be fun.

PIT 20 - OAK 17

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin Not 'Willing To Acknowledge' Difficulties Of Winning On West Coast For Game - Steelers Depot

Ben Roethlisberger discusses the issues with traveling to the west coast

This one has all east coast team records when they travel to west coast.....OUR RECORD SUCKS.
Bucs, NFL's East Coast teams at disadvantage when traveling west

I will not make a prediction on this game, I'm going to stock up on beer, put the neighbors on alert, and hope for the best.:hope:
how many kicks does boz miss?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gut feeling... This game is going to be embarrassing. Steelers coaches just don't seem to understand how the NFL works. Without Conner I fear that Fichtner is going to pass 60+ times making the offense laughably 1-dimensional. No that Conner's presence has ever prevented that lol. Gruden is a good scheming coach so no doubt he will see that sitting in intermediate zones will give them the best chance to win this game. And he'll find it even easier to gameplan against the Steelers defense.

Steelers are just too predictable and consistently fail to adjust. I'd love to be proven wrong. But my guess is IF they win this game, it will only be because the Raiders are truly a dumpster fire and not because the Steelers dominated them like they should. Tomlin rarely gets his team prepared for coast to coast road games. I'm expecting a very sloppy game.

This ought to be fun.

PIT 20 - OAK 17

I'm putting the bar for Samuels carries at 14...you taking the under? I'm thinking over slightly....14-16 carries and 4-5 targets and 40-48 passes.

Steelers Wednesday Injury Report Week 14: Gilbert, Conner, Chickillo Sit Out Practice - Steelers Depot

If Chick can't go...Adeniyi will get a helmet again...in his 9 DEF snaps last week he beat his man once and got a holding call.

Still shaky on the DEF, but I do feel the OFC will have a decent day. OAK's pass rush barely has a pulse, unless it's major blitz...last 3 games every team has gone over 150 on the ground. The OL should have a pretty good day.

Some people including myself are now starting to feel that Foster (UFA) could get a 2 yr extension in lieu of continuing with Gilbert (UC thru '19) now. Ideally I think they wanted to transition from Foster this yr and Gilbert next yr, but Gilbert is breaking down a lot more now.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many kicks does boz miss?

:deadhorse:

Why not be more concerned with Burns who gives up how many 6's every game.....
Betty who gives the opponents great field position to give up 6's every game.....

For fuck sake dude, yes Boz is having a shit season but let's focus on that instead of something major like the Fuckin secondary.
You're beginning to sound like someone else who runs in circles around here......

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:deadhorse:

Why not be more concerned with Burns who gives up how many 6's every game.....
Betty who gives the opponents great field position to give up 6's every game.....

For fuck sake dude, yes Boz is having a shit season but let's focus on that instead of something major like the Fuckin secondary.
You're beginning to sound like someone else who runs in circles around here......
Berry s numbers r better than boz but ok. Yes burns sucks horribly

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Berry s numbers r better than boz but ok. Yes burns sucks horribly

Berry vs Boz......apples to oranges

This thread is about Sunday's game and you interject about Boz......WTF Dude.
Boz is hitting them 3's in your mind with ease.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm putting the bar for Samuels carries at 14...you taking the under? I'm thinking over slightly....14-16 carries and 4-5 targets and 40-48 passes.

Steelers Wednesday Injury Report Week 14: Gilbert, Conner, Chickillo Sit Out Practice - Steelers Depot

If Chick can't go...Adeniyi will get a helmet again...in his 9 DEF snaps last week he beat his man once and got a holding call.

Still shaky on the DEF, but I do feel the OFC will have a decent day. OAK's pass rush barely has a pulse, unless it's major blitz...last 3 games every team has gone over 150 on the ground. The OL should have a pretty good day.

Some people including myself are now starting to feel that Foster (UFA) could get a 2 yr extension in lieu of continuing with Gilbert (UC thru '19) now. Ideally I think they wanted to transition from Foster this yr and Gilbert next yr, but Gilbert is breaking down a lot more now.
Samuels... I’d take the over as well. If he handles the game flow just fine then I think Ridley rides the pine for most the game.

Adeniyi... Loved what I saw in limited snaps last week. Just like we thought, a much more physical presence. That holding call he drew was a beauty of a rip move.

OL... yea I could see it. If they were going to move on from one, they might as well move on from both. I’d feel fairly confident in Feiler moving forward.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Berry vs Boz......apples to oranges

This thread is about Sunday's game and you interject about Boz......WTF Dude.
Boz is hitting them 3's in your mind with ease.
Ok ok no more boz , for now. I’ve been getting hung up on a lot of things lately, can’t let go. Lol.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers head back out west for the 2nd time in a couple of weeks. Coming off probably the worst loss at home in recent memory they climb back on the horse. At 7-4-1 they still sit atop the DIV by a narrow half game margin over BAL thanks to that week 1 tie.

I don't know if that is truly back against the wall in Tomlin's world, but with NO and NE still to play, this game in OAK is a lot bigger than just the 13th opponent. Lose here and PIT could be the 6th seed. The Raiders have been trouble for PIT a close win in '15 and 2 losses out there in '13 and '12.

After a good run of games against weaker competition, the DEF was rocked by Rivers and the Chargers. With Burnett and Sutton out, they were hesitant to play much dime and chose to ride Fort and they paid a big price...Rivers did pretty much whatever he wanted late.

The Raiders (2-10) have been a dumpster fire since they traded Kahlil Mack, The Chiefs hung 40 on them in that building, but surprisingly barely got out of there with the W...40-33

Injuries...Gilbert (knee), Conner (leg), Hunter (shoulder) out. Burnett (back), Switzer (protocol) are all questionable as this point. Sutton (family illness), probable. Rogers reportedly has practiced this week, not sure of his status for this week.

For an up to date roster snapshot.

Steelers Open Week 14 With Several Roster Transactions - Steelers Depot

This game.

On paper, PIT should win this game, plain and simple. OAK has the 31st ranked DEF and the 29th ranked OFC. Of course games don't get played on paper...PIT has to go into OAK and score early and take this game by the horns. This is a copy cat league so expect Gruden to also try and find mismatches. Burnett is still a question mark, but I assume they will get Sutton back and they will go with a 4 CB dime. That should reduce Fort's snapcount.

On OFC...Samuels will get the call for RB1...I don't expect them to give him 20+ carries. OAK can't pressure and can't cover very well. Ben is going go north of 40 passes in this game.

Outlook.

If they play a halfway clean game and don't give them any short fields, I expect PIT to win by at least a TD. Once I add in the Tomlin pucker factor, and his history in these type games. I'm a little less enthused about laying 7, but I do think PIT wins this week and will call it.

27-21...PIT

What say you? Vegas is begging for more OAK money or they're a lot more confident than I am.
vegas is getting oakland money, the line opened at 13 and is down to 10.

what scares me about this game is i have a feeling we try to establish the run. with samuels who was a fb/te in college, not many carries, or ridley. i think it may sputter a bit, not letting us pull away. this is a game if they let ben wing it, we'll roll. that being said we do need to find more balance on O. No team has ever done shit leading the league in pass attempts......

please please please dont let burns dress.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vegas is getting oakland money, the line opened at 13 and is down to 10.

what scares me about this game is i have a feeling we try to establish the run. with samuels who was a fb/te in college, not many carries, or ridley. i think it may sputter a bit, not letting us pull away. this is a game if they let ben wing it, we'll roll. that being said we do need to find more balance on O. No team has ever done shit leading the league in pass attempts......

please please please dont let burns dress.

10 is still a tall number, but yes, they did get some OAK $ to force that swing from 13.

I hear ya, I'm less concerned about the run game...the OL with Feiler at RT is good enough to create some holes and I feel pretty good about them getting near or over 100 yds on the ground with Samuels/Ridley. Samuels TE experience could bode well for him in this game. But 18-20 touches between carries and rushes is about what I expect. Maybe 8 touches for Ridley I'm guessing.

I agree on the balance in general but running late with a lead is key on the road...my fear or concern is not so much the OFC, if Ben plays a clean game, no picks, I think they will put up 24+...while I think PIT's D is better than KC's...they put up 33 @ home against KC last week so if the DEF is not controlling LOS, Gruden will find the mismatches just like LAC did.

LAC ran on that 2 DL sub pkg with really good success, and they also caught PIT with Bostic/VWill in coverage for 1st dwns so they had control of the chess match.

We're not getting this game due to OAK record I suppose, but I'm probably not going out for it...if not will catch the radio play by play which I like a lot. If watching alone, I go with their audio instead of the network...the radio delay is shorter than TV so you heard the play before you see it which screws with some people so I don't do it with people over....same for Falcon games...the radio feed is better.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 is still a tall number, but yes, they did get some OAK $ to force that swing from 13.

I hear ya, I'm less concerned about the run game...the OL with Feiler at RT is good enough to create some holes and I feel pretty good about them getting near or over 100 yds on the ground with Samuels/Ridley. Samuels TE experience could bode well for him in this game. But 18-20 touches between carries and rushes is about what I expect. Maybe 8 touches for Ridley I'm guessing.

I agree on the balance in general but running late with a lead is key on the road...my fear or concern is not so much the OFC, if Ben plays a clean game, no picks, I think they will put up 24+...while I think PIT's D is better than KC's...they put up 33 @ home against KC last week so if the DEF is not controlling LOS, Gruden will find the mismatches just like LAC did.

LAC ran on that 2 DL sub pkg with really good success, and they also caught PIT with Bostic/VWill in coverage for 1st dwns so they had control of the chess match.

We're not getting this game due to OAK record I suppose, but I'm probably not going out for it...if not will catch the radio play by play which I like a lot. If watching alone, I go with their audio instead of the network...the radio delay is shorter than TV so you heard the play before you see it which screws with some people so I don't do it with people over....same for Falcon games...the radio feed is better.
i guess what i mean on the run game and the balance, is i think overall we need to find some balance. BUT. in this situation. I fear that the run game may not be up to par. I feel like Tomlin will go on the road and the firs three series- run, run, pass, punt. THats what i dont want to see, get the lead, milk the clock, put away the crappy team. Get conner back, establish some balance.

leave artie burns at the airport on a layover

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone be upset, if the cut burns? honest question. No compensation, just cut the loss

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did anyone else know switzer leads the league in punt return avg. and once u get past detroit whose right on his heels, he has like 3.3 yards over third place..........impressive

but were poor on kickoff returns at 28th in the league........

wonder what the difference is? anyone

switzer is a twitchy little guy

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugh nm switzer is 14th in punt return avg..........
i was looking at how many yards we give up to the opponents on punt returns....