• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 14, Los Angeles Rams @ Chicago Bears, Sunday 12/09/18, 5:20 PM PST

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying Nagy is Mike Martz? the only difference is Bears don't have the weapons Martz had?? they have a good running game, not sure why they don't use it more? Still not sold on Trub, Bears defense has won quite a few games for them!

Our run game has been bad. We're averaging under 4 YPC with our RB's as a team (Trubisky's rushing makes our team totals deceiving). Howard is averaging 3.5 YPC and has the most carries. We have a very good pass blocking line that has been very poor in run blocking.

No, I'm not saying that Nagy is Mike Martz. For one... we use our screen and short pass game in place of our run game most of the time. As a true WCO does. Very rarely have I sat there going "we should run more". The run/pass ratio is a tad deceiving. I don't think we should have ran more outside of Green Bay way back in week 1. My beef with Nagy is VERY, VERY slight - I am thrilled with what he's done with our offense. He took us from an absolute shit, bottom two offense to being damn exciting to watch. I just think EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE... he makes short yardage and other situations a little too hard on himself.

I love Trubisky, but I'm not going to argue that you should be sold on him over a good 10 game stretch (really 7 since the first 3 were bumpy). However, I have faith that he'll leave the doubters in the dust - I have seen him when he's on. When he's clicking through the air and still bringing that awesome rushing ability to the table - it's special to watch. No one is doubting that there's a little bit to go so far as his consistency passing, though.

So far as the D winning games... I think we are averaging 29 points per game. When you have a D like ours, of course you can credit them with a couple. Seattle and Arizona come to mind. However, the offense has also had some eye popping games of its own.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will play better with Talib on the field. I hope.

We can only hope, could he possibly be any worse? Watched game last week and really didn't hear Talibs name at all, not sure that means that he was shutting his guy down and they weren't throwing his way or what, but he didn't have any tackles, or assists???
But overall the Defense played better, whether thats because Talib was in there or not, we will see this weekend I guess?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our run game has been bad. We're averaging under 4 YPC with our RB's as a team (Trubisky's rushing makes our team totals deceiving). Howard is averaging 3.5 YPC and has the most carries. We have a very good pass blocking line that has been very poor in run blocking.

No, I'm not saying that Nagy is Mike Martz. For one... we use our screen and short pass game in place of our run game most of the time. As a true WCO does. Very rarely have I sat there going "we should run more". The run/pass ratio is a tad deceiving. I don't think we should have ran more outside of Green Bay way back in week 1. My beef with Nagy is VERY, VERY slight - I am thrilled with what he's done with our offense. He took us from an absolute shit, bottom two offense to being damn exciting to watch. I just think EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE... he makes short yardage and other situations a little too hard on himself.

I love Trubisky, but I'm not going to argue that you should be sold on him over a good 10 game stretch (really 7 since the first 3 were bumpy). However, I have faith that he'll leave the doubters in the dust - I have seen him when he's on. When he's clicking through the air and still bringing that awesome rushing ability to the table - it's special to watch. No one is doubting that there's a little bit to go so far as his consistency passing, though.

So far as the D winning games... I think we are averaging 29 points per game. When you have a D like ours, of course you can credit them with a couple. Seattle and Arizona come to mind. However, the offense has also had some eye popping games of its own.

Part of the reason they average 29 is that they probably lead the league in defensive TD's, plus they get the ball back for the offense a lot more than most teams, and Im sure some of it is in good field position? Plus the fact that scoring is up all across the NFL, aside from the Bears and maybe a couple other teams, Defense is horrible this year
I think Howard is pretty good, just feel they tend to give up on the running game. Their division has been pretty awful this year also, but you still have to beat them and the Bears have.
Good luck sunday!!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised Rams didn't come out early to Chicago like they did when they went to Colorado Springs to get acclimated for Mexico City. Maybe not as big a deal to them?? But if you are not use to the cold, its flipping cold !!

Nicki

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can only hope, could he possibly be any worse? Watched game last week and really didn't hear Talibs name at all, not sure that means that he was shutting his guy down and they weren't throwing his way or what, but he didn't have any tackles, or assists???
But overall the Defense played better, whether thats because Talib was in there or not, we will see this weekend I guess?

Talib played limited snaps (26) vs Det. Its reported he will be playing full time vs Chi.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib played limited snaps (26) vs Det. Its reported he will be playing full time vs Chi.

Ya I know, but still no tackles, no assists, no mention of his name, its like he wasn't there? But its better than hearing what we have heard from Peters all year, at least we didn't hear "TD Detroit, coverage or lack of coverage by Talib"

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trubisky is back so that should make it more competitive .... game of the week for sure.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the reason they average 29 is that they probably lead the league in defensive TD's, plus they get the ball back for the offense a lot more than most teams, and Im sure some of it is in good field position? Plus the fact that scoring is up all across the NFL, aside from the Bears and maybe a couple other teams, Defense is horrible this year
I think Howard is pretty good, just feel they tend to give up on the running game. Their division has been pretty awful this year also, but you still have to beat them and the Bears have.
Good luck sunday!!

Dude... you don't get it. lol

Just the fact that people are trying to read through our numbers to explain away why their impressive? That's a gigantic victory in Chicago when it comes to offense. Just the fact that people even have to stop and THINK about it for a second. Even if it is all true... that's such a GIGANTIC step forward from where this offense has been.

Every season this side of the millennium besides ONE (2013) and MAAAAYYBE two (2010). An evaluation of the Bears offense typically went like this... "What about the Bears offense?".... "LMAO! Good one! Holy shit they suck!"

344 points and 29 per game puts the Bears at 5th in the NFL. That's also with two games starting our backup that lowered us from averaging 30+. I doubt if you took out 6 defensive touchdowns that it would drastically alter what we've accomplished. On that same token of "defensive TD's"... I could also point out how our D has played so great that we've been able to take our foot off the gas plenty of times in the 4th. We own a 100+ point differential and have won a multitude games where we undoubtedly could have kept scoring.

And Howard is good... the line is not in run blocking. I have watched every single Bears snap. lol. He has 180 carries and averages 3.4 yards. It hasn't been good man. However, it doesn't matter... because the offense is designed to use the short passing game as a run game on early downs. This is by design, not impulse.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Smed55

It should also be noted that with our offensive structure. A huge chunk of our runs are RPO's (run-pass option). You take what's there... If the line isn't opening up a lane, as the QB you're not going to hand it to the RB only to get hammered

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude... you don't get it. lol

Just the fact that people are trying to read through our numbers to explain away why their impressive? That's a gigantic victory in Chicago when it comes to offense. Just the fact that people even have to stop and THINK about it for a second. Even if it is all true... that's such a GIGANTIC step forward from where this offense has been.

Every season this side of the millennium besides ONE (2013) and MAAAAYYBE two (2010). An evaluation of the Bears offense typically went like this... "What about the Bears offense?".... "LMAO! Good one! Holy shit they suck!"

344 points and 29 per game puts the Bears at 5th in the NFL. That's also with two games starting our backup that lowered us from averaging 30+. I doubt if you took out 6 defensive touchdowns that it would drastically alter what we've accomplished. On that same token of "defensive TD's"... I could also point out how our D has played so great that we've been able to take our foot off the gas plenty of times in the 4th. We own a 100+ point differential and have won a multitude games where we undoubtedly could have kept scoring.

And Howard is good... the line is not in run blocking. I have watched every single Bears snap. lol. He has 180 carries and averages 3.4 yards. It hasn't been good man. However, it doesn't matter... because the offense is designed to use the short passing game as a run game on early downs. This is by design, not impulse.

Dude, yes I do get it! I live in so called "Bear Country" If I didn't have the NFL package I would be sentenced to watch the Bears. Back before I had the Package we would call CBS the Chicago Bear Channel.

Yes you take what the defense gives you, we suffered for years with the Sammy Bradford dink and dunk system???

And yes aside from the defensive TD's the Bear defense still puts the Bears in great field position a lot, which puts a lot of pressure on the other teams defense! Im still not sold on Trubs, but he's the kind of QB that the Rams struggle against a guy that can run!!!

As far as years gone by, yes Chicago didn't score a lot of points but they've had good offenses! had 1,000 yard runners for what 7 out of last 8 years?? Howard is still good, Forte was a stud!, Wr's again have had some good ones. a couple of years ago the Rams would have loved to have had Jeffrey, or Marshall. Say what you want about Cutler, he wasn't bad, not as good as he should have been, but not bad, definitely would have taken him over Sammy B.

Again, good luck to you tonight, but not to much luck!!:suds:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping we make Mitch wish he took an extra week off!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh crap, we have to endure Chris diarrhea-mouth Collinsworth tonight.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bearssss

Ditka

Rick Mearssss

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there is that big empty space behind the LOS again.