• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 14, Los Angeles Rams @ Chicago Bears, Sunday 12/09/18, 5:20 PM PST

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is giving me the same feel as the New Orleans game only with a less explosive offense. Chicago's D is pretty good and they don't make many mistakes. Hopefully, we will have learned a few lessons from the NO, game primarily Marcus Peters who has been remarkedly quiet since the New Orleans game.

I believe we are going to come out of this with a win but we are going to have to play way better than we did against Detroit. A number of factors come into play: A night game in Chicago with temps very low will be some of the more significant ones; Crowd noise and travel time are others: Gurley's health and who they activate to back him up such as Kelly would be good are still others.

We shall see but I believe the Rams will win this game. Period. This is a Sunday night game so make a note.

Last edited:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Goff played like he did against Detroit, this could get ugly in the Bears favor.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we are going to come out of this with a win but we are going to have to play way better than we did against Detroit. A number of factors come into play: A night game in Chicago with temps very low will be some of the more significant ones; Crowd noise and travel time are others: Gurley's health and who they activate to back him up such as Kelly would be good are still others.
Basically what I hear you saying Retro, is we better take care of the Rock if we plan on winning this one.

All those factors you've listed are red flags against a team that leads the league in turnovers.

This has got to be McVay's primary message, and not just for the O, but for Special Teams too.

Maybe we try a create a few turnovers against them too!

Nicki

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had this as an L. I think it will be a close game, but if we want to win we have to take care of the ball and deal with the weather (Goff didn't play great in Denver in the cold). Hopefully Gurly is 100% because we should be running him a lot in this game.

Sounds like they will have Trubs starting:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had this as an L. I think it will be a close game, but if we want to win we have to take care of the ball and deal with the weather (Goff didn't play great in Denver in the cold). Hopefully Gurly is 100% because we should be running him a lot in this game.

Sounds like they will have Trubs starting:
Welcome to the Rams boards Nicki!

We have one of the most active boards here on the Hoop!

Always good to add to the party.

Are you one of the most recent Rivals refugees?

Nicki

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a refugee, I've read the forums for years and just finally made an account a few months back.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had this game as my trap game for a few weeks now. Especially with how Detroit played us defensively for three quarters, Chicago can do damage.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had this game as my trap game for a few weeks now. Especially with how Detroit played us defensively for three quarters, Chicago can do damage.
Had we run roughshod in Detroit, I might agree with you.

In our struggles last week, I feel we may have caught a break getting a glimpse of our future in Chicago.

If we ran over Detroit, as most expected, I would still see this upcoming game as a trap.

Basically, the trap has been exposed!

kelley2403

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the Rams boards Nicki!

We have one of the most active boards here on the Hoop!

Always good to add to the party.

Are you one of the most recent Rivals refugees?

Refugee here. We didn’t have a NFL board there just had to post on CFB board. I like this much better. On Sunday night will there be a Rams/Bears thread where we can give each shit?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refugee here. We didn’t have a NFL board there just had to post on CFB board. I like this much better. On Sunday night will there be a Rams/Bears thread where we can give each shit?
There will be one on the main NFL forum since it’s a Sunday Night game. Sometimes we get stragglers from other boards but usually they’re well behaved.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Kelley!

Here's how it works here.

First of all both myself and Retroram are the mods here on the Rams boards. Pretty much, this is a sanctuary for Rams fans, we here as Rams fans can give all others all the shit we want with a few exceptions, you'll understand them and know soon enough.

But the give and take is all on the NFL main boards. There can be a thread started or you can start one yourself if you met the very low minimum standards of tenure to do so.

PM me or Retro with any specific question you may have and Welcome aboard!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be below freezing at game time, but not too bad (27-28 degrees) unless there is also wind.
Sounds like...

Gurley time!

giphy.gif

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Kelley!

Here's how it works here.

First of all both myself and Retroram are the mods here on the Rams boards. Pretty much, this is a sanctuary for Rams fans, we here as Rams fans can give all others all the shit we want with a few exceptions, you'll understand them and know soon enough.

But the give and take is all on the NFL main boards. There can be a thread started or you can start one yourself if you met the very low minimum standards of tenure to do so.

PM me or Retro with any specific question you may have and Welcome aboard!
One thing you forgot... don’t mention the name of the former QB who shalt not be spoken of. :suds:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Nagy gets cute and lets Trubs throw 40-50 times in this game I think we smoke em.............Rams gonna bring it. Agree with Mike: I originally saw this as a trap but last week ended up being an "Almost" trap.