• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 14 game thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they all even out

KC needs to show they can win road playoff games anyways
It's a good point. The fact that Mahomes has never played a road playoff game is constantly brought up. As a fan I'd love to see him prove his mettle in that regard...

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Washington fan we are playing the draft position game. I go into Sundays rooting for the teams around us such as the Bears, Pats and Jets to win so it was a good weekend. It's actually a lot of fun and adds more interest to these random games. If they end up picking 3rd well that could very well change the course of the franchise by either picking one of the QBs or trading back for more picks including a future #1.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, at least he didn't butcher the lateral from Kelce

That was a very risky play too.. if that ball had hit the ground. I guess there were no other defenders around Toney and it's a moot point but my first thought was wtf are you doing Kelce?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muhomes needs to STFU

WHen he gave his post game interview he was still bitching about the call from last week. He seemed to forget about the calls that went his way before that play where if they were called correctly time would have run out before he even had a chance to throw that pass to MVS
I do think this is a carryover from last week. Yes there were missed calls both ways but the 2 biggest misses were obvious pass interferences, either called correctly would have probably changed the results.

But he does sound like a cry baby now. It's not the officials fault his guy lined up offsides. When you block the view of the ball for the line judge yeah you are offsides.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a very risky play too.. if that ball had hit the ground. I guess there were no other defenders around Toney and it's a moot point but my first thought was wtf are you doing Kelce?
It actually looked like a designed play to me at first which is crazy seeing as they got to FG territory in a 3 point game. Why take the risk that you explained here?

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muhomes needs to STFU

WHen he gave his post game interview he was still bitching about the call from last week. He seemed to forget about the calls that went his way before that play where if they were called correctly time would have run out before he even had a chance to throw that pass to MVS
I agree that Mahomes came off as a massive crybaby - the refs got the call right this time, it’s Toney who he should be pissed at, not the refs. The Chiefs receivers have been pretty lousy for much of the year and are costing them games.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked pretty designed to me. They were waiting for the right time to pull that out of the bag of tricks.

Sucks for them the play worked but negated bc of that bonehead Toney.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of surreal watching Mahommes bitch about that 1 penalty that was called correctly and believing that was the only thing that cost them the game. They had a full 60 minute game to do something and a few plays after that play as well. You can and are welcome to believe that is what cost them the game, but what about the rest of the time they were on the field, does none of that matter?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Washington fan we are playing the draft position game. I go into Sundays rooting for the teams around us such as the Bears, Pats and Jets to win so it was a good weekend. It's actually a lot of fun and adds more interest to these random games. If they end up picking 3rd well that could very well change the course of the franchise by either picking one of the QBs or trading back for more picks including a future #1.

While I do understand this, that franchise has had plenty of top half of the draft picks and didn't do much with them. I really hope their new owners actually change the culture there from one of "screw it, we're making money" to "we're in the business of building a winning football team". Since Snyder took over it's been a shit shit show of "do something splashy" and maybe the fans won't notices we're raping them of their cash at every turn.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked pretty designed to me. They were waiting for the right time to pull that out of the bag of tricks.

I would like to hear if it was planned. Because planned or not it seemed very risky given the situation.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true but I am also thinking that when the players saw the guy throw the flag right at the start of the play like that without blowing the whistle they probably thought it was a "free play" for the offense so worst case scenario Toney fumbles and they still get 5 yards.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, but offside is offside...unless you're Tyreek Hill who did the same thing again in the 1st quarter on MNF. It must be the 5th or 6th time this season i've seen Hill do it but the officials keep letting it go.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think this is a carryover from last week. Yes there were missed calls both ways but the 2 biggest misses were obvious pass interferences, either called correctly would have probably changed the results.

But he does sound like a cry baby now. It's not the officials fault his guy lined up offsides. When you block the view of the ball for the line judge yeah you are offsides.

Well you seem to be forgetting that if the first 2 on the Packers side were called correctly the clock would have kept running both times and KC had no timeouts left and the clock would have had 0 time on it and would ot have allowed the interference plays to even happen.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good point. The fact that Mahomes has never played a road playoff game is constantly brought up. As a fan I'd love to see him prove his mettle in that regard...
If you look at his home/road splits over the course of his career, Mahomes has been better on the road than at home.

I do think there are a couple of teams that have real home field advantage. This year the Browns, Cowboys, and Titans have been notable better at home. Cowboys would be a non-factor being in the NFC, though.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the year to do it for the first time. Nobody in the AFC looks scary.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody in the AFC looks scary.
Not yet, anyways. AFC is at a point where you could see one player turning it on and totally changing the playoffs. Kinda like Bob Sanders, Joe Flacco, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith. Von Miller.

That said, its entirely possible that the NFCCG will be seen as the two best teams at least until the Super Bowl is played.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Mahomes came off as a massive crybaby - the refs got the call right this time, it’s Toney who he should be pissed at, not the refs. The Chiefs receivers have been pretty lousy for much of the year and are costing them games.

I heard somewhere that apparently the Chiefs should've been flagged for illegal formation on that play as well? I haven't looked back at it again to check...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet, anyways. AFC is at a point where you could see one player turning it on and totally changing the playoffs. Kinda like Bob Sanders, Joe Flacco, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith. Von Miller.

That said, its entirely possible that the NFCCG will be seen as the two best teams at least until the Super Bowl is played.
I still think styles make fights so I’m not conceding the Super Bowl to the NFC. For instance, I like the Ravens run game vs the Cowboys run defense. That’s just one example of a matchup I can see going the AFC’s way.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think styles make fights so I’m not conceding the Super Bowl to the NFC. For instance, I like the Ravens run game vs the Cowboys run defense. That’s just one example of a matchup I can see going the AFC’s way.
I can see that but its rarely that black and white in the NFL. Chiefs, for example, usually dont have a good run defense but can usually match up well with the Ravens. At the end of the day, its not about the run game. Its about Lamars ability to pass when the defense focuses on the run. The Ravens skill players are not of the same quality as the Niners skill players.

The reality is that Lamar Jackson hasn't even been particularly close to winning a Super Bowl despite tons of talent and regular season accolades. That said, the Ravens did almost beat the Bengals last year without Lamar. Its up to Jackson to elevate them into a team that can go all the way.