• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 13... vsWFT

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Pouncey
No Conner
Doubtful Nelson
Doubtful Boswell

tenor.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this offense struggling as badly to finish as it did last week, I have BIG concerns over not having Boswell today.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... Going up against the 2nd best passing defense is going to be the hot ticket item today. Not sure how much of a product of opposition that ranking is though looking at the QBs they've faced to this point. Undoubtedly Ben is going to run stacked shotgun sets and just let the matchups unfold. That is, AFTER Randy tries & fails to call plays for a full quarter. Just pray that the receivers wake up today and the offense starts clicking better. I'm not all too worried about the WFT pass rush given that Ben rarely holds the ball longer than 3s. But I do have some concerns about stunt blitzes over the middle with an inexperienced Hassenauer at center. He's got to do better at staying patient in his gap. But that sort of stuff just comes with experience. I'd like to see them commit to establishing the run, but I've said that for the past month and they don't seem to care about their rushing game at all. Snell & McFarland have been doing ok, but they don't have great vision or patience with running the ball. Hopefully they surprise us at some point. It would help if Fichtner stopped trying to run stretch or tosses to Ebron's side of the field.

Defense... All eyes on Highsmith & Sutton today. I'd like to see Layne get more work as well. Hoping they can figure out a way to contain Gibson & force Alex Smith to the air. Glad to have Tuitt back for that purpose. Steelers have been allowing 4.4ypc which isn't good, but luckily for them they've been solid on disrupting the pass & 3rd downs. Which is a good reason why they are still a top 5 run defense even if they are getting gashed for decent runs.

Expecting this game to be tight early on. Defensive style ballgame. Makes me nervous that WFT has one of the best punters in the business, and we will be without Boz. Tough road to hoe to win the field position battle today. The offense will need to be clicking at some point if they want to get the W today. Can't settle for FGs with an inexperienced kicker. I'll be holding my breath during every kick. And I'm sure we could see this come right down to a final walk-off kick.

Steelers 20 - Football Team 17

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... Going up against the 2nd best passing defense is going to be the hot ticket item today. Not sure how much of a product of opposition that ranking is though looking at the QBs they've faced to this point. Undoubtedly Ben is going to run stacked shotgun sets and just let the matchups unfold. That is, AFTER Randy tries & fails to call plays for a full quarter. Just pray that the receivers wake up today and the offense starts clicking better. I'm not all too worried about the WFT pass rush given that Ben rarely holds the ball longer than 3s. But I do have some concerns about stunt blitzes over the middle with an inexperienced Hassenauer at center. He's got to do better at staying patient in his gap. But that sort of stuff just comes with experience. I'd like to see them commit to establishing the run, but I've said that for the past month and they don't seem to care about their rushing game at all. Snell & McFarland have been doing ok, but they don't have great vision or patience with running the ball. Hopefully they surprise us at some point. It would help if Fichtner stopped trying to run stretch or tosses to Ebron's side of the field.

Defense... All eyes on Highsmith & Sutton today. I'd like to see Layne get more work as well. Hoping they can figure out a way to contain Gibson & force Alex Smith to the air. Glad to have Tuitt back for that purpose. Steelers have been allowing 4.4ypc which isn't good, but luckily for them they've been solid on disrupting the pass & 3rd downs. Which is a good reason why they are still a top 5 run defense even if they are getting gashed for decent runs.

Expecting this game to be tight early on. Defensive style ballgame. Makes me nervous that WFT has one of the best punters in the business, and we will be without Boz. Tough road to hoe to win the field position battle today. The offense will need to be clicking at some point if they want to get the W today. Can't settle for FGs with an inexperienced kicker. I'll be holding my breath during every kick. And I'm sure we could see this come right down to a final walk-off kick.

Steelers 20 - Football Team 17
Stellar write up sir

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt has to keep winning to get the #1 seed with KC hot on their asses.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say this in the thread but I want to see WFT win.....make a great story with Alex Smith and his recovery. I definitely want them to win the Least and think it comes down to them and the Giants battling it out.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say this in the thread but I want to see WFT win.....make a great story with Alex Smith and his recovery. I definitely want them to win the Least and think it comes down to them and the Giants battling it out.
The giants r winning that division I think. They have a tough haul but really if the beat Dallas the last gme that’s 6 wins...and they knock out Dallas

Dallas would need to beat the giants and cincy and philly which is doable.

Washington would likely need to beat Carolina and Philly and hve the giants lose out as they hold the tie breaker

there’s moving parts. If a team steals a gme like Washington today then obv major changes.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The giants r winning that division I think. They have a tough haul but really if the beat Dallas the last gme that’s 6 wins...and they knock out Dallas

Dallas would need to beat the giants and cincy and philly which is doable.

Washington would likely need to beat Carolina and Philly and hve the giants lose out as they hold the tie breaker

there’s moving parts. If a team steals a gme like Washington today then obv major changes.
Bad Division.....I just wanna see WFT win it because of Smith and his recovery.....great story, surprised he made it back to be honest. Medical miracle.....what do you think about it? If I remember right, you are in the Medical field.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having said all that, I bet on Pitt minus the points....I think it'll be a good game but Pitt wins by 7.

Bet the opposite way!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad Division.....I just wanna see WFT win it because of Smith and his recovery.....great story, surprised he made it back to be honest. Medical miracle.....what do you think about it? If I remember right, you are in the Medical field.
Oh I agree it’s awesome.just don’t beat us!

just more what I thought would happen.
It’s crazy. The stuff ppl kee saying about him not playing because he almost lost his leg is irrelevant. It was infections that almost got him. Yeah he tore his leg up bad, coming back from that in itself is something. But from a health perspective. He’s not putting himself at increased risk again. He beat the infection. Those post surgical infections are craaaaazy. I’ve actually had more than I can count patients with post op infections. It’s rare, but it does happen, and when it Does it sucks. A lot of the issue is if you hve any surgical hardware, screws plates etc in there..... and the infection gets in there....there is no blood supply....so it’s brutal to try and get it out. IV antibiotics, oral antibiotics, multiple surgeries , implantable abx put in you, it’s horrible...and his went above and beyond.

I’ve actually been pulling for him to come back and play and do well. He’s not at risk for anything more than a normal player is at this point. I say and hve said go get em, he needed this for him, his psyche and life. The chips broke his way and he got a chance.

rambling

• Winner
Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree it’s awesome.just don’t beat us!

just more what I thought would happen.
It’s crazy. The stuff ppl kee saying about him not playing because he almost lost his leg is irrelevant. It was infections that almost got him. Yeah he tore his leg up bad, coming back from that in itself is something. But from a health perspective. He’s not putting himself at increased risk again. He beat the infection. Those post surgical infections are craaaaazy. I’ve actually had more than I can count patients with post op infections. It’s rare, but it does happen, and when it Does it sucks. A lot of the issue is if you hve any surgical hardware, screws plates etc in there..... and the infection gets in there....there is no blood supply....so it’s brutal to try and get it out. IV antibiotics, oral antibiotics, multiple surgeries , implantable abx put in you, it’s horrible...and his went above and beyond.

I’ve actually been pulling for him to come back and play and do well. He’s not at risk for anything more than a normal player is at this point. I say and hve said go get em, he needed this for him, his psyche and life. The chips broke his way and he got a chance.

rambling
By all accounts he's a good guy.....and that ESPN story had me tearing up......the look of that leg was just nasty and by all accounts.....something a military vet would have in combat.....crazy.

And he did pretty good in KC but lost his job to a generational talent so I would love to see him do well and get a contract with a team in the offseason as a bridge QB for maybe 2 years or so.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all accounts he's a good guy.....and that ESPN story had me tearing up......the look of that leg was just nasty and by all accounts.....something a military vet would have in combat.....crazy.

And he did pretty good in KC but lost his job to a generational talent so I would love to see him do well and get a contract with a team in the offseason as a bridge QB for maybe 2 years or so.
Yep that’s what happens with those crazy super bacteria. It’s just awful.

I mean I didn’t hve anything even remotely close to what he had not even a 5th. But I had a post op MRSA infection. I was so sick for 7 months resulting in more surgeries. It’s brutal.

• Love
Reactions: DJ

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. They’re gonna lose though...

What’s the tiebreakers at @FaCe-LeE-uS ? Isn’t first conference record? Then common opponents?
  1. Head to head first. Doesn't apply.
  2. Conference record second. Steelers are undefeated in conference. Chiefs have 1 loss to OAK. So this puts the Steelers winning the tiebreaker for now.
  3. Common opponents third (minimum of 4, DEN HOU BAL BUF). A wash right now, so this one will be decided by the BUF game.
  4. Strength of Victory... This could be the deciding factor in the end. Steelers are weaker with opponent records of 49-70-2, and the Chiefs opponents are 53-70. I don't think that included this week though.
If the Steelers lose to the Bills then they will lose the #1 seed if the Chiefs beat the Dolphins next week. They wash the conference record tiebreaker, and then Chiefs take the common opponents edge.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Head to head first. Doesn't apply.
  2. Conference record second. Steelers are undefeated in conference. Chiefs have 1 loss to OAK. So this puts the Steelers winning the tiebreaker for now.
  3. Common opponents third (minimum of 4, DEN HOU BAL BUF). A wash right now, so this one will be decided by the BUF game.
  4. Strength of Victory... This could be the deciding factor in the end. Steelers are weaker with opponent records of 49-70-2, and the Chiefs opponents are 53-70. I don't think that included this week though.
If the Steelers lose to the Bills then they will lose the #1 seed if the Chiefs beat the Dolphins next week. They wash the conference record tiebreaker, and then Chiefs take the common opponents edge.
My man