• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 13 Patriots @ Packers

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing a lot about how tough this game is at GB. Food for thought:

Patriots have beaten the #1 ranked team, #1 ranked offense and #1 ranked defense.
Patriots are 4-0 against division leaders
Green Bay is 1-2 against teams with winning records
Green Bay has beaten nobody but Philadelfia - a team that ranks 28th against the pass. They will not find the Pats passing defense so eager to please.
Green Bay has given up 6th most yards to TE's in NFL and we have the best TE duo in Gronk and Wright
Green Bay has a very impressive passing game and is playing very well.

Patriots will beat their 5th division leader Sunday when they hand GB a 1-3 record against winning teams

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots are like 0-7 in their last games on grass. It seems crazy that that should be significant but maybe it is.

Does the frozen tundra qualify as grass?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Pats can score on GB if they play well. The issue then becomes stopping Rodgers and his offensive crew.

We'll see tomorrow if they can slow him down enough to outscore him.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the frozen tundra qualify as grass?

I think so. They have heater pipes underneath and stuff. The speed you get based on the ground surface (grass being a slower turf) does matter but is that a big enough factor for the Packers I don't know,. It's not like the Patriots WR's are known for their speed.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grass, weather, wind .......................it effects both teams equally. How a team deals with it generally determines how a game will turn out.

Brady has always excelled in the worse weather. I'm not sure how Rodgers has done in bad weather, but I imagine the playing in Green Bay, WI for 10 years has somewhat hardened him.

If there is snow that falls and they turn on the turf heaters, the field could get very muddy. It will effect both running games. That should be advantage Patriots because they're pretty good against the run. It will be a disadvantage to the Packers because they're not good against the run and the turf will slow down the defense even more.

The Packers aerial game is a concern to every team. Rodgers has burned a few teams, but his receivers have not had to deal with a secondary like the Patriots. Jordy Nelson is a big WR and generally gets away with physical stuff, but he's going to going up against Brandon Browner at 6'4" 230 lbs. He's bigger than Nelson and equally fast. Cobb will be going up against Revis and Rodgers will have to be dead nuts to get away with some of the passes he's thrown this year or it will be 50/50 as to who catches the ball. The Packers don't have a dominating TE so I'm not sure were the third option will be.

The Packers have two excellent corners and they'll take away LaFell and Edelman.....but who will deal with Gronkowski and Wright? Last I heard, Clay Matthews may have to cover Gronkowski, which will take him out of the pass rush game.............what do you do? Cover Gronk or rush Brady? Nothing is as it appears........................Pats 34 Pack 24

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots are like 0-7 in their last games on grass. It seems crazy that that should be significant but maybe it is.

i like this betterer:suds:

New England is 4-0 in games as underdogs this season, averaging 41.3 points per game with an average margin of victory of 21.3 points. The Packers are currently favored by 3.0 points for Sunday.:suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the pats rush for 300+,keep rogers off the field & win by 20.because of my gameplan i started romo instead of brady,got a whopping 10 points from the bitch & need blount to make up the difference

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frozen tundra? Better file that away with the department of the reduntantcy department.

I think you may have Tundra confused with Perma Frost. They are accompany one another, but are different.

Speaking of redundancy... I just re-read your post - LOL

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Cow PF2003! You've been busy... 1800+ posts already? I guess I'm gonna have to take some lessons from Raid on post padding.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you may have Tundra confused with Perma Frost. They are accompany one another, but are different.

Speaking of redundancy... I just re-read your post - LOL

tundra :A treeless area between the icecap and the tree line of Arctic regions, having a permanently frozen subsoil and supporting low-growing vegetation such as lichens, mosses, and stunted shrubs.

It's a pleonasm, making your comment null and void therefore I must advance warn you, so it is absolutely necessary that you cease and desist right now immediately and never attach together those words again.

And just as a reminder, if I've told you once I've told you a million times don't exagerate.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to run to the ATM machine.

:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to have all you guys join us.

Go Pats!

aaron-rodgers-vs-tom-brady.jpg

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't put much stock in the stat that says NE is not good on grass. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that has played some pick up ball or otherwise run around on the field turf that the Pats have in Gillette stadium, but if you haven't I can tell you it is a marvelous product that replicates a lush lawn beautifully. It couldn't be any further from the astro-turf products of the 70's.

As for today's game, I think the Green Bay defense is the wild card. They are not the scariest bunch on paper, but if they can play a bit over their heads and get the crowd involved early it will be a long day for New England and the Packers should win easily. If they can't GB will likely lose.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tundra :A treeless area between the icecap and the tree line of Arctic regions, having a permanently frozen subsoil and supporting low-growing vegetation such as lichens, mosses, and stunted shrubs.

It's a pleonasm, making your comment null and void therefore I must advance warn you, so it is absolutely necessary that you cease and desist right now immediately and never attach together those words again.

And just as a reminder, if I've told you once I've told you a million times don't exagerate.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to run to the ATM machine.

:yahoo:

Noted - to maintain detente. Here you go NE: Alpine Tundra :scratch: