• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK 12

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, i kinda give Brady some credit for Mahomes' growth. after the OT playoff game he DID urge the kid on. like him or hate him, i'll give cred where it's due...
Yeah, but Tommy won that game. He's Mr. Congeniality when he wins. It's when he loses to guys that he thinks he's above where he does that lame walkaway shit. He likely realizes Mahomes is the better QB in this case.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Tommy won that game. He's Mr. Congeniality when he wins. It's when he loses to guys that he thinks he's above where he does that lame walkaway shit. He likely realizes Mahomes is the better QB in this case.
You have hard on hate for tom? Wilson outshadowed?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Tommy and Mahomie are now 3-2 in favor of the youngun. No biggie.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Rams and Cards for losing today

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I asked that question early. Stop it. LOL

But yeah I called it, bringing in AB seems to have screwed with what little chemistry this team had

We shall see if it continues
So I found the Answer.
SP posted it in another thread.
Bucs are 6-1 without AB
Bucs are 1-4 with AB LOL

Ahhhhhhhh! the Karma bitches! :becky:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I found the Answer.
SP posted it in another thread.
Bucs are 6-1 without AB
Bucs are 1-4 with AB LOL

Ahhhhhhhh! the Karma bitches! :becky:

Yeah that is a very telling stat!! Not sure why Brady really wanted AB

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-3 baby!!!! thats like 3 seasons worth of wins!!!

nick chubb is amazing.

Chubb is the future. I still think the lack of athletic, young WR talent needs to be address early. Really just keep addressing defense and then WR and the future looks bright. Baker needs to get more consistent...he can make some throws that seem impossible but then can't make 3 or 4 easy wide open throws. He is an enigma, still can't understand it. These next two games will be important for this team and for Baker going forward

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb is the future. I still think the lack of athletic, young WR talent needs to be address early. Really just keep addressing defense and then WR and the future looks bright. Baker needs to get more consistent...he can make some throws that seem impossible but then can't make 3 or 4 easy wide open throws. He is an enigma, still can't understand it. These next two games will be important for this team and for Baker going forward
I still feel good about Baker. This is his 3rd year. He has had what? 4 head-coaches. 4 different offensive coordinators, 3-4 different systems. I think that stability will help him.

A lot of those other coaches kind of tried to do what Baker was used to. Put him in the shotgun and let him throw the ball all over the place. That led to Baker breaking the NFL Rookie QB record for TD's even though he didnt start the first 3 games.

Now he is playing under center the vast majority of the time for the first time in his career- lost his #1 wideout, Landry has been banged up all year, and he had no training camp and no preseason with a new first time head coach.

I think Stefanski is taking a step back or two with him to take some bigger steps forward down the road. He is training Baker to be an actual NFL QB instead of just asking him to stand in the shotgun and fling the ball. Now the game plan is focused on protecting the ball and the running game and play action game and that is something Baker really has never had before.

This year I think Baker is learning the right things--- focusing on protecting the ball, playing the position under center, and minimizing mistakes. And they are 8-3. I think as they go and as he proves he can protect the ball and exeecute a game plan that Stefanski will open things up more for him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still feel good about Baker. This is his 3rd year. He has had what? 4 head-coaches. 4 different offensive coordinators, 3-4 different systems. I think that stability will help him.

A lot of those other coaches kind of tried to do what Baker was used to. Put him in the shotgun and let him throw the ball all over the place. That led to Baker breaking the NFL Rookie QB record for TD's even though he didnt start the first 3 games.

Now he is playing under center the vast majority of the time for the first time in his career- lost his #1 wideout, Landry has been banged up all year, and he had no training camp and no preseason with a new first time head coach.

I think Stefanski is taking a step back or two with him to take some bigger steps forward down the road. He is training Baker to be an actual NFL QB instead of just asking him to stand in the shotgun and fling the ball. Now the game plan is focused on protecting the ball and the running game and play action game and that is something Baker really has never had before.

This year I think Baker is learning the right things--- focusing on protecting the ball, playing the position under center, and minimizing mistakes. And they are 8-3. I think as they go and as he proves he can protect the ball and execute a game plan that Stefanski will open things up more for him.

Yeah for sure, this team is still very young. They just need to more WR depth, I mean without Odell and Natson they have no deep target for Baker so that really hurts the passing game. Baker is limited in the system and with his weapons but like you said, that is the system in place for the running game and OL to do work. I'm hoping they can take a Devonta Smith type of WR in the draft though, it would really help. All that being said, I mean I can't complain at all at 8-3. The goal is to make the playoffs and then just move forward with progress from there with the young team.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns can run the ball with anyone and that translates into playoff football well. I'm just not sure their defense is good enough to make up for their offense mostly shrinking in the past month.

Some of the best teams in the NFL have really bad red zone defenses. Kansas City, New Orleans, Tennessee, Seattle. If those teams are going to lose in the playoffs its to teams that can move the ball and then pound the rock into the endzone.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need a wait and see approach on Baker for now and you're right about the stability being important. His situation reminds me a lot of Alex Smith. Drafted #1, expected to immediately come in and turn the franchise around but management sticks him with terrible coaches and a rebolving door at OC. I'm not sold 100% on Mayfield but honestly, we don't know for sure. The team has definitely improved and still needs some work but Stefanski, I think, is the right guy finally.
Back to the stability and system, remember just last season early on in Green Bay. Rodgers, who is obviously a first ballot HOFer was struggling a little under LaFleur's system.Even ardent A.R. fans were questioning if he was losing something. Now, in year 2, the Packers offense is almost unstoppable. It goes to show that football is more compkicated than just having talent and throwing, catching, running, tackling. It's a process with a lot of things working in harmony.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns can run the ball with anyone and that translates into playoff football well. I'm just not sure their defense is good enough to make up for their offense mostly shrinking in the past month.

Some of the best teams in the NFL have really bad red zone defenses. Kansas City, New Orleans, Tennessee, Seattle. If those teams are going to lose in the playoffs its to teams that can move the ball and then pound the rock into the endzone.

Not having Myles and Ward makes a HUGE difference though but they do seem to be inconsistent. LB's are starting to play better. It sounds like Garrett will be back next game but Ward is likely to miss the Titans game.

Yeah you bring up the RZ and it's really the huge key for Cleveland going forward and creating turnovers. They were pretty good offensively in the RZ before those 3 rainy games where they were awful. I feel they don't use Chubb enough and give him carries in the RZ. The goal vs those teams should be to run the ball and then use play action when needed which seems to be the goal every game for CLE so strategy won't be changed much at all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having Myles and Ward makes a HUGE difference though but they do seem to be inconsistent. LB's are starting to play better. It sounds like Garrett will be back next game but Ward is likely to miss the Titans game.

Yeah you bring up the RZ and it's really the huge key for Cleveland going forward and creating turnovers. They were pretty good offensively in the RZ before those 3 rainy games where they were awful. I feel they don't use Chubb enough and give him carries in the RZ. The goal vs those teams should be to run the ball and then use play action when needed which seems to be the goal every game for CLE so strategy won't be changed much at all.
they do need a corner too. Harrison is a solid safety and hopefully Delpit will be back next year and ready to go......if Greedy keeps being Mr. Glass they def. need a corner.

Richardson , Ogunjobi and Vernon are all FA's in the offseason too. Thats a lot of money coming off the books but some decent talent too. I wonder out of those 3 guys who they decide to resign and who they let go and try and upgrade their.

If the Browns plan on keeping OBJ do they really need a WR? i wouldnt spend more than a 3rd rounder on one if Landry and OBJ are back.

O-line is great. Tight-end is great. QB is fine. RB is fine. i think WR is okay as long as OBJ can get back. Safety is fine with Harrison and Delpit. CB1 is amazing with Ward.

CB2, LB, DL are really what they need if you ask me. They dodged a real bullet on Clowney turning them down.