• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 12: Giants @ Redskins

Samurai Night Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad that you said it @SNF, Gruden and his staff, get no love from this FB, I've mentioned this several times on differing threads. but of course when Kirk Cousins is the subject the mantra is boost the QB...down play the system.

We are lucky here because both of those things can and are often at play....Kirk's turned out to be a pretty good QB, but he still operates in a system designed and adjusted by Gruden and Co. Thanks for mentioning this!!

I agree that Kirk is benefitting from being in Gruden's system. From what I'm reading, most on this board are happy with Gruden other than his clock management and 2 minute drills. Perhaps also his tendency to go the pass too quickly, but he committed to the run this week which was the right decision.

Samurai Night Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...but I'm past that time where I'm prepared to move on if he doesn't stay.

Just curious, at what point this season (or earlier) did you come to this decision about moving on from KC? What informed your decision?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, at what point this season (or earlier) did you come to this decision about moving on from KC? What informed your decision?

I came to that conclusion after the 2015 season when they didn't sign him. I thought at that time that Kirk was properly priced by the market. They refused to pay him that amount.

I also knew that NFL salaries rarely go down for players in their prime years (except busts) and that each subsequent season they would have to pay him more. Well if they weren't willing to pay him at 2015-20`16 prices, there was nothing to compel me to think that they would pay him more.

Yep they tagged him, but the way I looked at it was, one year deal, no commitment. All if that still stands today, except now Kirk's 29 and possibly looking at one chance at a LTD. I don't believe that he signs the tag and goes elsewhere in order to get what he in his heart of hearts wants.....a LTD!!

BTW: I'm really not in favor of moving on from KC, but there was a challenge made to give a name as a replacement, I did that and although it was not a popular thing to do, I realized that if we were to move on there were others who could execute at the same or better level in this offense as he.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Kirk is benefitting from being in Gruden's system. From what I'm reading, most on this board are happy with Gruden other than his clock management and 2 minute drills. Perhaps also his tendency to go the pass too quickly, but he committed to the run this week which was the right decision.

Those are some big things to be concerned about and I'll add some of his decision making, and his ability to properly get the team ready for opening day games. On a lesser note there's his willingness to not stay with a hot receiver since we are singling out particular games. (J. Doctson was on pace to have a huge day and after the first Qtr., one or two targets in a recent game.)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously!! That is your answer. I have to give the guy a blow job or you to understand? I am out, I can't argue with a drama queen.

OK, I'm going to do this....I apologize for the instant reaction that I posted after this attack. It was that street shit in me that instinctively kicked in. I'm better than this and should have just let it go. Again my apologies, we're all fam here.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye... you certainly don't appear to have any problem with Kirk's dick!

LOL!! How is Kerrigan doing? Oh yeah he is too old and just a product of the system. Ask the family to buy you a football 101 book.

BTW, you have no idea what I am thinking an obviously you what I mean when you say you know what I mean by how I said I like Gruden.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are some big things to be concerned about and I'll add some of his decision making, and his ability to properly get the team ready for opening day games. On a lesser note there's his willingness to not stay with a hot receiver since we are singling out particular games. (J. Doctson was on pace to have a huge day and after the first Qtr., one or two targets in a recent game.)

You aren't the only street guy here Sty. I too meet fire with fire. Apology accepted and given in return. I am also a straight shooter Sty. If I say I like a guy then I like whether it is Cousin's or Gruden. I do like Jay. I like him as an offensive coordinator especially. So to make myself very clear I like his system. I think he has enabled Cousin's to be a very good QB. That doesn't mean it will work for anyone you plug in. Cousin's is also part of the reason it works. Of course it also works because of Cousin's teammate because I believe football is the ultimate team game.

BTW I expected you to come back at me. You and I are not so different Sty. It is why I enjoy talking to you, I think we are brothers from another mother. Now that's enough hugging for the two of us. We will spoil are tough guy reputations. :dhd:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one way to look at it, another is replacing a weakened battery with one that's just as good or better. Those who are saying that it's NOT possible without some sort of setback aren't willing to admit that some else can execute as well as the current guy. That's NOT me, I'll never believe that!!

Not a single person has said it isn’t possible. Numerous have said it is unlikely, which is true.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? I was totally kidding a second ago also just to be clear.

I was kidding too or I would have never said put the Come at me bro emoji up. No worries.