• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 12: Giants @ Redskins

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the o/line was uneven , and considering all the replacements i think they did ok . yes he did have time on some throws but he also had lots of pressure

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the o/line was uneven , and considering all the replacements i think they did ok . yes he did have time on some throws but he also had lots of pressure

Every Crowder big play KC had time. Plus the two bombs to Doc he had time. Perine went for 100 yards. I think the oline did more than ok considering 3 starters were out.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thanksgiving slate of NFL games petered out with a slog of a game Thursday night as the Washington Redskins and New York Giants struggled to a game the Redskins ultimately won 20-10.

The Redskins went ahead to stay in the fourth quarter on a touchdown pass to Josh Doctson. The team also got a touchdown from Jamison Crowder, who was the game’s leading receiver with 141 yards. For the Giants, the team’s only score came on a third-quarter interception by Janoris Jenkins. The team struggled on offense, amassing only 170 total yards on the day.

With that, we give you our PFF-exclusive takeaways from the contest for each team.

TOP 5 GRADES
Edge Ryan Kerrigan, 87.9 overall grade

WR Jamison Crowder, 84.5 overall grade

Edge Junior Galette, 83.7 overall grade

CB Bashaud Breeland, 83.4 overall grade

RB Samaje Perine, 82.4 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:
WR JAMISON CROWDER, 84.5 OVERALL GRADE

Despite an injury scare, Crowder took over in the second half for a Redskins offense that was having some trouble moving the football early on. Crowder was targeted nine times and caught seven of those 141 yards and a touchdown. He could’ve had an even higher grade if not for a dropped pass on one of those incompletions. Six of his seven receptions went for a first down or touchdown and he averaged 5.64 yards per route run.

RB SAMAJE PERINE, 82.4 OVERALL GRADE
Much like Crowder and the rest of the Redskins’ offense, Perine didn’t really get going until the second half. But once he did he was impressive. While he only forced two missed tackles and had an elusive rating of just 25.9, Perine impressed with his ability to avoid being taken down without getting a few extra yards. Perine gained 56 yards after first contact in the game, most of which came in the second half when the Redskins pulled away.

EDGE RYAN KERRIGAN, 87.9 OVERALL GRADE
Kerrigan was a monster throughout the game, notching three sacks of Eli Manning, but also adding four additional hurries and making an impact in the run game, in particular working against the Giants tight ends, driving Evan Engram inside to force a cut on one play.

DI STACY MCGEE, 79.4 OVERALL GRADE
The Redskins defense had the number of the Giants offense all game long, and while several players contributed to the success, there were a few notable standouts, of which McGee was one. He ended the game with two defensive stops, but was consistently causing run plays to break down with his defeating interior blocks at the line and forcing cuts by the Giants backs.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its who the skins are these days,,, we have 16 road games.
i believe they were referring to the condition of the field ... not the size of the crowd

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every Crowder big play KC had time. Plus the two bombs to Doc he had time. Perine went for 100 yards. I think the oline did more than ok considering 3 starters were out.
Ok. So? There were multiple other potential big plays where he didn't have time. Six of them were sacks. Wonder how a couple of those play might have turned out if he had time. We could do this all night. You can't just pick one or two plays and make a determination of how any one, squad or team did for the game.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. So? There were multiple other potential big plays where he didn't have time. Six of them were sacks. Wonder how a couple of those play might have turned out if he had time. We could do this all night. You can't just pick one or two plays and make a determination of how any one, squad or team did for the game.

First they were solid
Then they played well
Now they were more than ok
Few more pages in this thread they will have sucked

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First they were solid
Then they played well
Now they were more than ok
Few more pages in this thread they will have sucked

go watch the highlight again. Every Crowder big play KC had time. You said he didn't.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can count 6 sacks

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched the highlights from nfl.com. All of Crowders big plays the oline gave him plenty of time to throw. Even the bomb to Doctson that was incomplete he had time. His pick there was no one near KC.

The OL played well enough overall, but there's just something about the way you say or word shit that has a disingenuous, hidden vibe to it. For instance, you say Kirk had plenty of time to throw. SP got a 100 yards and the OL was great. Yet Cuz was sacked 6 times and hit 7. For the season he's been sacked 31 times, 4th most in the NFL and he's lost more yardage on sacks, 269 yards, than any QB in football.

You put way too much on some things, while seemingly putting no consideration on other things.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL played well enough overall, but there's just something about the way you say or word shit that has a disingenuous, hidden vibe to it. For instance, you say Kirk had plenty of time to throw. SP got a 100 yards and the OL was great. Yet Cuz was sacked 6 times and hit 7. For the season he's been sacked 31 times, 4th most in the NFL and he's lost more yardage on sacks, 269 yards, than any QB in football.

You put way too much on some things, while seemingly putting no consideration on other things.
That's because there is a disingenuous, hidden vibe to all of his posts when in comes to KC. That's why he gets into so many pissing matches. Just be honest on how you feel and why.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kevin said that I was delusional for complementing the oline. I just proved why the oline did play well both in the run game and pass game. Of course Cuz was going to take sacks some were on him but for 3 backup lineman playing it was a great job by the oliine. The Giants still have JPP and Vernon plus Snacks so there was talent there.

How do I put too much on the oline? They gave KC time to complete all of Crowders big plays and Doctson bombs and TD. That was a big difference in the game. Inserting 3 backup lineman and having a 100 yard rusher plus a almost 250 yard passer is a good thing. KC's best throw of the game was the Dsocston TD's pass and the oline gave him all the time in the world. They deserve credit here.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin said that I was delusional for complementing the oline. I just proved why the oline did play well both in the run game and pass game. Of course Cuz was going to take sacks some were on him but for 3 backup lineman playing it was a great job by the oliine. The Giants still have JPP and Vernon plus Snacks so there was talent there.

How do I put too much on the oline? They gave KC time to complete all of Crowders big plays and Doctson bombs and TD. That was a big difference in the game. Inserting 3 backup lineman and having a 100 yard rusher plus a almost 250 yard passer is a good thing. KC's best throw of the game was the Dsocston TD's pass and the oline gave him all the time in the world. They deserve credit here.

The OL did well in the run game, not the passing game. The success the OL had can be attributed to play action after a successful running game. As usual, you have proven nothing.

You make excuses for the OL while not understanding the OL effects the QB.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf:

Samurai Night Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay, let's go back to the game as it unfolded. Whereas by the end of the game, the run game had amassed 122 yards (most of it Perine), at halftime the leading rusher was.. KC, (surprise!) with one rush for 7 yards. Perine had gained a whopping 3 yards on 5 attempts. So to crown the oline this amazing run juggernaut is not exactly accurate when over 115 yards of that came AFTER the half. This is also supported by the fact that out of 17 first downs in the game, 10 were passing first downs, with only 5 being rushing first downs and the remaining 2 first downs due to penalty. Watching the game (not just highlights) shows what really happened, that the Redskins struggled in the first half both with the run and passing, but were actually more successful passing (anemic though it was). You could argue that the pass set up the run later in the second half. Oh, and to downplay players like Snacks and JPP (BOTH of whom got sacks) is rather head-scratching.

It's also interesting how you are giving all this credit to the oline on the passing TD to Doctson with no mention of KC, yet KC gets all the blame for the INT. Yes, KC makes mistakes and is not perfect, but give credit where it is due when he makes a play.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Righteous, Sty. I have 6 myself, 3 knuckleheads n 3 knotheads, and 3 grandchildren, all of them are knotheads. The youngest of whom belongs to my oldest daughter, who's my 2nd child. The remaining dymanic duo belong to my oldest son and his wife who is like a daughter to me.

Humorous side story. My oldest grandbaby is older than my 2 youngest knotheads. I turned 15 on the 14th of July 19n77. My baby boy was born 39 days later on August 22nd 19n77. His oldest daughter was born Jan 7th 1996. Or about 6 months before the oldest of my two youngest knlotheads was born.

Oh shit. Almost forgot about the incoming knothead to be.

Now my youngest son n fourth child along with his girl are expecting. She's 17, 18 weeks along now I believe. They had a neat and tatsy gender-reveal party last weekend.

Again, congrats on the growth of your family and good luck on bringing in the new addition. Hope all goes well with that, and I'm betting that the gender reveal party beyond being neat and tasty left an even bigger impression on ole' grand-pops than can be conveyed in words huh? Just wondering, are any of your kids or grands named after you or the Mrs.?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, let's go back to the game as it unfolded. Whereas by the end of the game, the run game had amassed 122 yards (most of it Perine), at halftime the leading rusher was.. KC, (surprise!) with one rush for 7 yards. Perine had gained a whopping 3 yards on 5 attempts. So to crown the oline this amazing run juggernaut is not exactly accurate when over 115 yards of that came AFTER the half. This is also supported by the fact that out of 17 first downs in the game, 10 were passing first downs, with only 5 being rushing first downs and the remaining 2 first downs due to penalty. Watching the game (not just highlights) shows what really happened, that the Redskins struggled in the first half both with the run and passing, but were actually more successful passing (anemic though it was). You could argue that the pass set up the run later in the second half. Oh, and to downplay players like Snacks and JPP (BOTH of whom got sacks) is rather head-scratching.

It's also interesting how you are giving all this credit to the oline on the passing TD to Doctson with no mention of KC, yet KC gets all the blame for the INT. Yes, KC makes mistakes and is not perfect, but give credit where it is due when he makes a play.

Are you serious? I said the Giants have a good dline. where did I discredit them? I said the running game came alive in the 2nd half b/c of the oline. I didn't say the oline was the best in the world but considering the injures they did a good job. I also said KC threw his best pass to Doc TD. So where are you getting that from? You have to give credit to this banged up oline with backups b/c of the time they gave KC to throw to Crowder and the running game in the 2nd half. To dismiss this is crazy.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You nailed it. At the end of the first half Perine had next to nothing. The offense as a whole had not done well. Perine had most of his yardage in the 2nd half. Remember everyone was talking about what yawner the game was? Many times I see people say our halftime adjustments suck. Well not this game. Or so it would seem because none of us have any idea what changes were or weren't made.

Samurai Night Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You nailed it. At the end of the first half Perine had next to nothing. The offense as a whole had not done well. Perine had most of his yardage in the 2nd half. Remember everyone was talking about what yawner the game was? Many times I see people say our halftime adjustments suck. Well not this game. Or so it would seem because none of us have any idea what changes were or weren't made.

Yup, and it made total sense against a team who is 31st in the league against defending the run, so bravo to the coaches for some badly needed halftime adjustments. That is another thing that seems to never get addressed on this board: matchups. Every team we play has different strengths and weaknesses, so of course we need a different strategy from week to week. Run when it makes sense, pass when it makes sense.

Samurai Night Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A great job by the oline would not include giving up 6 sacks.

Are you serious? I said the Giants have a good dline. where did I discredit them? I said the running game came alive in the 2nd half b/c of the oline. I didn't say the oline was the best in the world but considering the injures they did a good job. I also said KC threw his best pass to Doc TD. So where are you getting that from? You have to give credit to this banged up oline with backups b/c of the time they gave KC to throw to Crowder and the running game in the 2nd half. To dismiss this is crazy.

You're arguing that the oline of backups played better than they actually did, yes they did a decent job run blocking in the SECOND half, along with glimmers of pass protection, but the whole first half they were struggling if not getting owned. Crowder had 7 catches for 141 yards, at the half he had 3 catches for 51 yards so again most of that was in the SECOND half. So the oline played great, for half a game.

Btw, Giants also owned us on time of possession at the half, 17:40 to 12:20.