• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 12 discussion thread

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured we needed to get this going before people start cluttering up the voting thread

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to go ahead and apologize to you and Edisto for my ranking of Clemson. The ACC is just such a joke of a conference I have a hard time ranking a 1 loss Clemson much higher than than non-AQ 1 loss teams.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be extremely worried about NCSU if i was a Clemson fan. Team could be lookin ahead to that huge matchup next week. Hopefully they havent forgotten NCSU beat 'em by 24 last year.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be extremely worried about NCSU if i was a Clemson fan. Team could be lookin ahead to that huge matchup next week. Hopefully they havent forgotten NCSU beat 'em by 24 last year.

I am. We looked lethargic yesterday. The team and the fans just seemed uninterested in this game from the start and if we go into the NCSt. game with this attitude, we could see the wolfpack end our 12 game win streak at home.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clemson fans are extremely worried about every team we play. The Bowden decade conditioned us to expect the worst.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to go ahead and apologize to you and Edisto for my ranking of Clemson. The ACC is just such a joke of a conference I have a hard time ranking a 1 loss Clemson much higher than than non-AQ 1 loss teams.

Your poll, your rankings, no hard feelings here. Obviously I'm going to disagree with you though; our only loss was to a top ten team and outside the Auburn game (and the first halves of GT and BC), none of our games have really been close. We'll find out how good we are the next two weekends and in the bowl game.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am. We looked lethargic yesterday. The team and the fans just seemed uninterested in this game from the start and if we go into the NCSt. game with this attitude, we could see the wolfpack end our 12 game win streak at home.

Clemson fans are extremely worried about every team we play. The Bowden decade conditioned us to expect the worst.

^^^^ These. I will say though, in the Bowden years, we would've already let the FSU game beat us two or three times. The two weeks after the loss FSU we struggled in the first halves against BC and GT (on defense, shocker I know :D) but ended up finishing strong. If Bowden were still coaching, we would've lost at least one of those and probably at Wake or Duke. Long story short, I honestly believe Dabo has been successful in changing the culture and mind set of the staff and players; the fans are going to take a lot more to come around, but if he can continue to get the team to win the games we're supposed to and contend for the conference and a major bowl game every year, it's not going to be much longer before that happens.

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't understand how people have Nebraska ranked ahead of UCLA. IIRC UCLA beat Nebraska. They have the same record and I don't think anyone would argue that UCLA has played in the tougher conference this year.

I know that both teams are different than when they met early this season but I think Brett Hundley has improved as much as any QB in the country this season. If anything I would think UCLA more likely to beat Nebraska than last time they played.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
play the next 2 games of your "tougher conference" and get back to us. BTW there is a voting discussion thread specifically for this.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how people have Nebraska ranked ahead of UCLA. IIRC UCLA beat Nebraska. They have the same record and I don't think anyone would argue that UCLA has played in the tougher conference this year.

I know that both teams are different than when they met early this season but I think Brett Hundley has improved as much as any QB in the country this season. If anything I would think UCLA more likely to beat Nebraska than last time they played.

There's a thread for this bullshit guise http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/college-football-forum-message-board-general-discussion/84512-week-12-discussion-thread.html#post2525494

This thread is for ballots; keep it clean :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If people think there's a big difference in the two teams than i don't think there is anything wrong with Nebraska being rated higher. But, i would agree with you that its a little strange to have UCLA one spot behind Nebraska.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, LSUfan gets a :thumbsdown: lol for having Alabama rated ahead of Oregon :L

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UCLA lost to CAL. Both teams' win resume is about the same, so I differ to the loses and UCLA has the worst loss.