• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 10

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold prediction ( or maybe not with the NFCLeast as bad as it is), the Giants, despite starting the season 0-5 and losing Barkley will win the division.

I'm Sticking with Washington. Still have Faith in Alex Smith

How Bout Miami....

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rodgers hail mary in Detroit was better it was a muc longer pass close to 70 yards and very high in the air it is the forst one on the vid

Reactions: GNG

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rodgers hail mary in Detroit was better it was a muc longer pass close to 70 yards and very high in the air it is the forst one on the vid

think my favorite one was was Steve Bartkowski to Billy "White Shoes" Johnson. (going off memory. think it was white shoes)
actually got batted out of the endzone & he caught it around the 5 yd line & barely got in. (arguably)

but I agree. Rodgers was more impressive than this one. All Hail Marys are spectacular since they are low probability of success, but as far as Hail Marys goes. This one the QB threw from inside the 50 yd line. Now the receivers catch with three guys with him was very impressive, but the throw...... Meh.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore didn't look like a contender last night.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 AFC teams are 6-3 or better.

Even with 7 teams now, someone with double digit wins may get left out

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was literally rooting for the Cardinals.
I get it. I think homerism comes into play when your team completes the Hail Mary. I went from misery to elation. After the game it felt like it was the greatest play in the world. In reality it was a regular season, non-conference win.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. I think homerism comes into play when your team completes the Hail Mary. I went from misery to elation. After the game it felt like it was the greatest play in the world. In reality it was a regular season, non-conference win.

Cracker of a game.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rodgers pass was better. The catch by Hopkins was better, however. He is the only cards receiver surrounded by 3 Bills.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always a great day when your team steals a win.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rodgers pass was better. The catch by Hopkins was better, however. He is the only cards receiver surrounded by 3 Bills.

Murray's pass was better IMO. He throws that ball 12" in any other spot and it isn't completed.

This was different than your typical hail mary pass in that way. Murray wasn't just throwing to a spot and hoping that one of his teammates in a group comes up with it. He was throwing it solely to Hopkins.

When they were lining up for the play, I was PISSED. 3 WR's in the hail mary group and Hopkins wasn't one of them?A? He literally is one of the greatest high point WR's to ever play the game and he wasn't going to be in the bunch where you are throwing the hail mary?!?! And if you look at him before he lines up, he is walking almost dejected to his spot and I am thinking he is thinking the same thing I am. Turns out it was all an act and the 3 WR's in the bunch are the decoys and they are going to do a one man hail mary. Unbelievable.

This was the most perfectly executed hail mary I have ever seen in terms of throw and pass. Everything had to be perfect. But there are probably quite a few more consequential ones than this.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray's pass was better IMO. He throws that ball 12" in any other spot and it isn't completed.

This was different than your typical hail mary pass in that way. Murray wasn't just throwing to a spot and hoping that one of his teammates in a group comes up with it. He was throwing it solely to Hopkins.

When they were lining up for the play, I was PISSED. 3 WR's in the hail mary group and Hopkins wasn't one of them?A? He literally is one of the greatest high point WR's to ever play the game and he wasn't going to be in the bunch where you are throwing the hail mary?!?! And if you look at him before he lines up, he is walking almost dejected to his spot and I am thinking he is thinking the same thing I am. Turns out it was all an act and the 3 WR's in the bunch are the decoys and they are going to do a one man hail mary. Unbelievable.

This was the most perfectly executed hail mary I have ever seen in terms of throw and pass. Everything had to be perfect. But there are probably quite a few more consequential ones than this.
This is true. When rewatching it, the degree of difficulty on Murray's throw was much more difficult than Rodgers. Rodgers had all day to set his feet, wind up and throw the ball with nobody around him.

Murray was running full speed to his left as a right handed QB, throws it across his body with a defender in his face to the perfect spot and watched the completed catch on the Jumbotron on the opposite side of the field because of the way his body spun after the throw.

Truly amazing.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,993.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is why would they post it on social media if they knew it would most likely cause trouble. They got nobody to blame but themselves