• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1 Ravens Game Thread

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one game. We knew the offense would be rusty. I didn't think it would be that bad, but we knew they weren't going to be the 35+ a week offense we've come to know and love right out the gate. Make no mistake, they'll hang 40 on the board a couple times this year. And with this defense? I STILL like our chances in KC this week. It's a tough out, but I like our chances. The Chiefs O isn't the Ravens O. That Chiefs O-line is nothing compared to the Ravens, and look how the Broncos made the Ravens O line their B's today.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronnie Hillman looked like our best RB in Week 1. I'm expecting for different RBs to have success in different games this season, as in some recent seasons, but so far Hillman is the man. Overall, the offense got carried today. Props and thanks to the D.

There were a lot of big plays made by the D today. Ware, Miller, and Trevathan come to mind. I think it was Trevathan, (#59). I was watching in a bar, so my focus was a little divided. I think the game ball has to go to Talib. That pick-6 was a game-changer.

Overall, the game played out pretty much as expected. We got the win, and the D was the reason. The O-line was better than I thought they would be. The offense was a little more out of sync than I would have liked. The good news is that the schedule gets a little easier for the next several weeks.

We should be ok for the first half of the season while the offense works out the kinks. Then we'll be ready for the tougher part of the schedule.

BTW, I wore my Orange Crush t-shirt and throw-back "D" hat for the game. So far, so good.
Marshall was the Man! He was all over the place and made big plays all day. Love that guy

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that the game ball has to go to Talib.

I would add Brandon Marshall, everyone's favorite, to the stars of the game. Six tackles, one assist and one sack.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell ya the truth I'll be fairly surprised but ecstatic, if we come away with a win on short wk and in KC. If the offense struggles again and has too many 3 and outs it could be too much for the D to overcome in this one. Here's to a much more efficient run gm this thurs vs Chiefs brothers.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Thomas is getting an x ray on his hand Monday. Saw he was banged up but kept on playing. Hopefully it's nothing and Anderson hope is good to go as well. Will need everyone Thursday.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't pretty, but it was one of those out of sync games that you have to grind out. We did that. The numbers are exactly what you want though: 175 yards allowed TIP in our favor at over 37 minutes, QB given only 117 yards, and the RB's were only allowed 73 yards. I'll take an ugly win with that defensive domination over a pretty loss any day.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and some nice clock chewing drives. We needed that to return.

And really..... we were very, VERY close to leading 17-3 at the half.

Last edited:

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McMVP

189 yards on FGs - not including the extra point on Talib's TD

.. speaking of Talib - I think his best game as a Bronco esp with that INT - the pick itself was great, but the run back was a thing of beauty

Manning - no comment - the things I've said about him the past 3 years are enough

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense allowed more points than the defense. When this offense gets its stride the Broncos are going to kick a lot of teams' asses this year.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome D (TY WADE)
Offense sputtered big time but, expected it.
Any news on injuries

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give props to Kubiak for having the balls to let McManus try 57 and 56 yard FGs

Esp with McManus because he is still so green

Fox punts, plays for field position, and ultimately loses this game

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one that looked like was really an arm problem was on his roll out throw to D.T. but agreed to many over throws and missed a few open guys. The o line has to get it together or Manning won't make it a full year.

I agree with your comments - the roll out pass was well executed until it came time for Manning to make the throw - that to me looked like a brain fart on Manning's part on the throw.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give props to Kubiak for having the balls to let McManus try 57 and 56 yard FGs

Esp with McManus because he is still so green

Fox punts, plays for field position, and ultimately loses this game

So true - Fox ball would have lost this game.

I will say McManus being a reliable kicker from short and long - is one of the better surprises of the new season.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Broncs~

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Broncs~

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just say I don't except to get a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts for $2.80
Any time soon When Denver wins and scores 28

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of what has already been mentioned, I liked that the broncos did not fold when the offense struggled like we have seen in past seasons. They fought for a win.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true - Fox ball would have lost this game.

I will say McManus being a reliable kicker from short and long - is one of the better surprises of the new season.
Prob true but I would say Del Rio D would of been more costly.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright I will try to keep this brief but you all know I struggle with that...Thoughts on the game

The Bad--OL play was good most of the time for pass blocking but still struggle with the double-A gap blitz. Not sure what the problem is but this is now two coaching staffs that have seen this is how teams want to attack Manning and we still haven't been able to stop it.

Run blocking--Until that final 11-minute drive the run game was non-existent. I know it is going to take some time for the OL to all come together considering one of the starters only joined us 3 weeks ago but definitely have to have a better showing against the Chiefs if we expect to win on a short week.

Manning--Probably one of his top-5 worst games as a Bronco. Biggest difference is this is the only one that we have actually won. Good sign when Manning can play so bad and we still win. Nobody from what I understand has been harder on Manning than himself. They said he was irate with himself in the locker room after so I look for him to have a better week. (He better as he is the QB for me on one of my fantasy teams)

The Good--

Special Teams--Who would have thought after what we saw in the preseason that this group would make the Good section? Sanders actually gave us a couple of nice returns (negated by some penalties but it does show the unit could have a couple of game changing plays for us this year). McManus looked like a veteran with ice in his veins. So far the team is looking like a genius for giving him a 2nd chance. Right now he is rated as the top kicker on PFF. Colquitt didn't look completely terrible either.

Can I put down the entire defense? I mean really is there anybody on defense that you can point to as say they kind of stunk it up today? Heck on PFF's team of the week the Broncos boasted 3 linebackers in Ware, Miller, and Marshall while also having Stewart grade out as the best FS of week 1. Sly Williams looks like a new player for us. Trevathan was leveling guys. Even Bruton looked like he knew what he was doing substituting for Ward who returns this week. This is the best I have seen the defense play in I don't even know how many years. This Ravens OL at least according to some of our Ravens fans on this board were supposed to give the Cowboys a run for best OL in the NFL this year. If that is the case then the Broncos should continue with going crazy after QB's this season. I wish we could have gotten Flacco to fumble but hey if that is my one critique of this group then man I am excited for the future. Also have to love that our defense actually outscored their offense in this one 7-6. I remember Seahawks fans bragging about that in the Super Bowl and now I know why as it does feel very good to have that.