• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1: Postgame Thoughts

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most important result from last night is that the Broncos won. Nothing else comes even close. We all know that ugly wins aren't worth less when playoff seeding begins and the team will get better over the course of the season. A few game observations:

Offense:

• Julius Thomas will continue to be a wrecking ball for opposing defenses. What a game. Only blemish was not catching that on-side kick
  • Peyton looked good in the first half but was off later in the game. There were some plays where he completely overthrew the receiver or the receiver was off his route. Couldn't tell which one for sure.
  • DT had a poor showing last night IMO. A number of dropped passes. Seems uncharacteristic for him. Maybe some week one jitters. I'm confident that he will still be our premier pass catcher though.
  • The O-line looked great at times and a little sketchy later on. Great to have Clady back. Vasquez had a couple of holding calls that hurt our momentum. I think this O-line is going to be very good this year and they are definitely beefier than we've seen in the past
  • Sanders had a good game and adds a shifty, speedy element to our WR corps.
  • Montee Ball had a couple of good runs and of course, the TD launch into the endzone. Overall though, he seemed a little tentative and there were a lot of runs that never really got past the line of scrimmage. One of the things I liked the most last year was Moreno's ability to continue fighting for another yard or two after initial contact. The Broncos will need to see more of that from Ball. I didn't gain any confidence last night in our ability to be a better rushing offense.
  • I know we have a ton of weapons but we missed Wes Welker last night. He is a redzone and 3rd down machine for us and this suspension really sucks.
Defense:

• I think we saw flashes of greatness last night. Our secondary is deep and talented.
  • Bradley Roby lived up to his round one draft status IMO. He was tested a ton and I thought he played very well. The pass break up toward the end of the game was excellent and arguably the play of the game.
  • Our D line was getting good push and creating disruption quite a bit last night. Some of that get's covered up by Luck's ability to scramble and escape.
  • DeMarcus Ware looked good last night. Von Miller seemed to be a no-show. I think Miller needs a couple of games to get back into shape and into the flow of things. Knighton, Wolfe, Austin, Smith, Williams all had flashes during the game but I was hoping our D-line would be more dominant against an injury riddled Colts O-line. As many have said, I think our D will struggle a bit until they get a few games under their belt.
  • Pre-season games do little to get the team into football shape. Several Broncos were sucking on oxygen masks late in the game. I'm used to seeing that with opposing players, not the Broncos.
  • Talib had a good game and it was great to see Rahim get 2 picks. Again, good secondary. Also nice to see Harris back out laying some hits.
  • I think TJ Ward will be the key to increased Broncos physicality. That guy can hit and he's aggressive. Love this addition to the back end of the defense.
Overall, I liked much of what I saw last night from the Broncos. The bar is set so high for this club, that anything less than complete dominance feels a little unsatisfying. One thing that the Broncos have not shown since our superbowl years is killer instinct. Shanny used to run up offensive scores so quickly that the game was over by halftime. Last night seemed like we were headed in that direction but the wheels sorta fell off the wagon in the 2nd half.

Next week the Chiefs should make all Broncos fans feel a lot better about the team. Go Broncos!

MH64

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most important result from last night is that the Broncos won. Nothing else comes even close. We all know that ugly wins aren't worth less when playoff seeding begins and the team will get better over the course of the season. A few game observations:

Offense:

• Julius Thomas will continue to be a wrecking ball for opposing defenses. What a game. Only blemish was not catching that on-side kick
  • Peyton looked good in the first half but was off later in the game. There were some plays where he completely overthrew the receiver or the receiver was off his route. Couldn't tell which one for sure.
  • DT had a poor showing last night IMO. A number of dropped passes. Seems uncharacteristic for him. Maybe some week one jitters. I'm confident that he will still be our premier pass catcher though.
  • The O-line looked great at times and a little sketchy later on. Great to have Clady back. Vasquez had a couple of holding calls that hurt our momentum. I think this O-line is going to be very good this year and they are definitely beefier than we've seen in the past
  • Montee Ball had a couple of good runs and of course, the TD launch into the endzone. Overall though, he seemed a little tentative and there were a lot of runs that never really got past the line of scrimmage. One of the things I liked the most last year was Moreno's ability to continue fighting for another yard or two after initial contact. The Broncos will need to see more of that from Ball. I didn't gain any confidence last night in our ability to be a better rushing offense.
  • I know we have a ton of weapons but we missed Wes Welker last night. He is a redzone and 3rd down machine for us and this suspension really sucks.
Defense:

• I think we saw flashes of greatness last night. Our secondary is deep and talented.
  • Bradley Roby lived up to his round one draft status IMO. He was tested a ton and I thought he played very well. The pass break up toward the end of the game was excellent and arguably the play of the game.
  • Our D line was getting good push and creating disruption quite a bit last night. Some of that get's covered up by Luck's ability to scramble and escape.
  • DeMarcus Ware looked good last night. Von Miller seemed to be a no-show. I think Miller needs a couple of games to get back into shape and into the flow of things. Knighton, Wolfe, Austin, Smith, Williams all had flashes during the game but I was hoping our D-line would be more dominant against an injury riddled Colts O-line. As many have said, I think our D will struggle a bit until they get a few games under their belt.
  • Pre-season games do little to get the team into football shape. Several Broncos were sucking on oxygen masks late in the game. I'm used to seeing that with opposing players, not the Broncos.
  • Talib had a good game and it was great to see Rahim get 2 picks. Again, good secondary. Also nice to see Harris back out laying some hits.
  • I think TJ Ward will be the key to increased Broncos physicality. That guy can hit and he's aggressive. Love this addition to the back end of the defense.
Overall, I liked much of what I saw last night from the Broncos. The bar is set so high for this club, that anything less than complete dominance feels a little unsatisfying. One thing that the Broncos have not shown since our superbowl years is killer instinct. Shanny used to run up offensive scores so quickly that the game was over by halftime. Last night seemed like we were headed in that direction but the wheels sorta fell off the wagon in the 2nd half.

Next week the Chiefs should make all Broncos fans feel a lot better about the team. Go Broncos!

MH64

Lot of good points in your post. Perhaps none better than your first point, that any win, regardless of by how many points, counts as exactly one W. Still, it would have been nice to play the entire game more like we did the first 28 minutes or so than we did the remainder to the game.

I would describe the pass rush as a little more sporadic than consistent. Cherilous seemed to pretty much take Miller out of the game. I was hoping to see a little more creativity from Del Rio, like we did see on the Irving sack. Ovreall the Indy o-line looked pretty good and, as you mentioned, Luck is unusually good at escaping pressure. Hopefully our pass rush gets stronger as the season progresses.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the defense needs more time to gel. They showed some flashes of greatness but I had hoped for a little more from the pass rush. One thing I liked seeing is that may times, there were 5 guys to make the tackle instead of one or two. Roby looked pretty good, especially against a vet like Reggie Wayne. I think Rahim Moore will have a huge year. Irving looked pretty good in the Mike role. I still question his coverage ability but he has a nose for the run.

The offense (and defense) went limp in the second half. Manning looked off. The run game was hit or miss. We either got nothing or 7-10 yards. I think a lot of the issues were at the line. They were not getting the push you would like to see. I am hoping the colts are just really good at stuffing the run.

Hopefully some of these issues will smooth as the weeks go by. Next is the KC game, which I won't get to watch, that should give them a chance to fix some of the issues.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pass rush from the front 4 has to get better. With all this so called talent this front 4 has they shouldnt have to blitz as much this year. I thought the o line played an average game at best. Orlando Franklin got beat numerous times and Vasquez played his worst game as a Bronco. There was no running game at all and I hope Denver doesnt regret letting K.M. go. Ive said it numerous times but Im not sold on Ball as being the guy. Hopefully Im wrong. Yes Denver did miss Welker. Not many throws to the middle of the field where Welker likes to operate. If the pass defense doesnt improve this year J.D.R. will be looking for another job at the end of the year. As for the good J. Thomas was a beast. Sanders had a good debut as well as a Bronco in his first regular season game. Ware I thought had a pretty good game as well. Moore back on the field should help the defense overall. Made a couple of key interceptions. This game should have never ben close against a Colts team with a suspect o line and Mathis not on the field at all due to suspension. Time to get ready for K.C. and hopefully a better showing overall. Just saying.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pass rush from the front 4 has to get better. With all this so called talent this front 4 has they shouldnt have to blitz as much this year. I thought the o line played an average game at best. Orlando Franklin got beat numerous times and Vasquez played his worst game as a Bronco. There was no running game at all and I hope Denver doesnt regret letting K.M. go. Ive said it numerous times but Im not sold on Ball as being the guy. Hopefully Im wrong. Yes Denver did miss Welker. Not many throws to the middle of the field where Welker likes to operate. If the pass defense doesnt improve this year J.D.R. will be looking for another job at the end of the year. As for the good J. Thomas was a beast. Sanders had a good debut as well as a Bronco in his first regular season game. Ware I thought had a pretty good game as well. Moore back on the field should help the defense overall. Made a couple of key interceptions. This game should have never ben close against a Colts team with a suspect o line and Mathis not on the field at all due to suspension. Time to get ready for K.C. and hopefully a better showing overall. Just saying.

I think this post sums it up pretty well. Not sure why some said our running game did ok. Terrible I thought and the blame goes to both the O-line and Ball. If Denver has that kinda rushing attack vs Seattle in wk 3, their in big trouble. I also thought the intensity level ( esp the O ) just seemed lacking for the most part. I think DT looked like he was drugged all nite. I do think the major part their missing in releasing Moreno was his ability to fire up the rest of that Off with his fire and determination. Ball looked like the first 10 gm guy last yr, not the last 6 gm guy last nite. Should of seen more CJ as he looked more explosive when he touched the ball. I expected to see a fired up group on both sides and I was disappointed in what I saw for the most part. Secondary still gave up 300 + yds to Luck with an avg wr group. I do however expect all phases to improve by Seattle gm. They better. Take the W for sure. Would be feeling alot worse today if they would of lost no doubt:)

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this post sums it up pretty well. Not sure why some said our running game did ok. Terrible I thought and the blame goes to both the O-line and Ball. If Denver has that kinda rushing attack vs Seattle in wk 3, their in big trouble. I also thought the intensity level ( esp the O ) just seemed lacking for the most part. I think DT looked like he was drugged all nite. I do think the major part their missing in releasing Moreno was his ability to fire up the rest of that Off with his fire and determination. Ball looked like the first 10 gm guy last yr, not the last 6 gm guy last nite. Should of seen more CJ as he looked more explosive when he touched the ball. I expected to see a fired up group on both sides and I was disappointed in what I saw for the most part. Secondary still gave up 300 + yds to Luck with an avg wr group. I do however expect all phases to improve by Seattle gm. They better. Take the W for sure. Would be feeling alot worse today if they would of lost no doubt:)

Dead on. This is why the Seattle Seahawks were the champs last year. There D never lets up and they will step on your throat. Lynch also finishes off games. There talent probally cant be matched by the Broncos but the Broncos have to have the same mentallity. Just saying.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was also disappointed in Luck's 2nd half success. However, I'm not so sure I'd call Reggie Wayne and TY Hilton "average". Luck has receivers that can inflict serious damage.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts about the game may be premature as I was there and haven't had a chance to watch it yet so feel free to correct me. It was a weird, walking out of the stadium it felt like we lost. Some may say we're spoiled but it really was a cray feeling.

The bad:

We have to get better at running the ball. 3 yards per rush won't get it done. There was no room to run.

Manning was uncharacteristically off in the second half. I had a great look of his overthrow of Caldwell, but that looked like Bubba turned the wrong way. That said he was off. The O was just out of synch much of the second half.

DT had one of his worst games that I can remember.

Franklin didn't look too comfortable at guard.

I was disappointed in the defense late. While the offense was sputtering the D had multiple chances to lock the game down. They let them off the hook at least 3 times off the top of my head.

Von who? I'll have to watch the replay but from what I saw he didn't have much of an impact. Hopefully it's just a bit of rust and he gets better week to week.

The good;

The passing game looked awesome in the first half. Manning definitely has more zip on the ball this season.

Moore looked really good coming back from injury, he was all over the field.

McManus looked good, he was killing the kickoffs and made the only FG he had an opportunity on.

The D did finally make a stand when it counted most.

Malik Jackson played well as did Sly.

We beat a quality team but we have to get a lot better moving forward. Got to have that killa instinct.

On to KC, GO BRONCOS!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was also disappointed in Luck's 2nd half success. However, I'm not so sure I'd call Reggie Wayne and TY Hilton "average". Luck has receivers that can inflict serious damage.

Definitely agree with that. Allen and Fleener are also a couple of quality TE's. Also think we potentially dodged bullets by the Colts not getting Nicks and Bradshaw more involved earlier.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the defense needs more time to gel. They showed some flashes of greatness but I had hoped for a little more from the pass rush. One thing I liked seeing is that may times, there were 5 guys to make the tackle instead of one or two. Roby looked pretty good, especially against a vet like Reggie Wayne. I think Rahim Moore will have a huge year. Irving looked pretty good in the Mike role. I still question his coverage ability but he has a nose for the run.

The offense (and defense) went limp in the second half. Manning looked off. The run game was hit or miss. We either got nothing or 7-10 yards. I think a lot of the issues were at the line. They were not getting the push you would like to see. I am hoping the colts are just really good at stuffing the run.

Hopefully some of these issues will smooth as the weeks go by. Next is the KC game, which I won't get to watch, that should give them a chance to fix some of the issues.

This is an excellent point. The Broncos have a bunch of new guys and a bunch of guys coming off injuries, it's going to take a little time for them to all get on the same page. There were some busted coverages that hurt, and I think a lot of those issues will be worked out. Plus they had Harris and Miller on a "pitch count" as they work their way back into game shape. I fully expect this defense to be a lot better by the end of the season than they were last night.

On to the offense, the offensive line did not look very good. The running game really struggled. Not sure how that can be blamed on Ball when the offensive line wasn't opening many holes. I thought he ran hard, but there just wasn't a lot of room. To those complaining about him not fighting for extra yards, I suggest you go back and watch his touchdown run again. Also, Manning seemed uncomfortable in the second half and had some poor throws, and DT had what I thought was his worst game in years with all of those drops. I don't expect those things to happen again.

On to the Chiefs. The Broncos should really light that defense up. Their secondary is a disaster and now they've lost their defensive leader and best tackler. Seriously the Broncos should absolutely have their way with them and should be able to put up 40 points. They should also shut down the Chiefs offense. Their offensive line is really bad, and that forced Alex Smith to make a bunch of mistakes yesterday. The defense really should be able to harass Smith and shut down the Chiefs running game. This one should be ugly.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On to the offense, the offensive line did not look very good. The running game really struggled. Not sure how that can be blamed on Ball when the offensive line wasn't opening many holes. I thought he ran hard, but there just wasn't a lot of room.

I totally agree. From my seats you can really see the holes open up (or not) and there was no room. The two best runs of the night were not in the lanes they were designed to go.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Offense:

Defense:

MH64

I truly thought Denver let off the gas way too early, I think the coaching had a lot to do with this. Everything else you wrote was spot on ! Ball needs to improve, I hate to think we gave up Moreno for a couple million SO FAR but that can change. This win coupled with the Pats loss is huge, tough season so one game at a time. Welker is surely missed

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was one of those Really Good and Really Bad type games in my opinion. Kind of reminded me of the Pats game last year but we actually came out on top on this one...

Manning--For some reason Manning seems to struggle against his old team. Now obviously his stats say he had a pretty good game but I can't remember a game where I thought Manning was this inaccurate. Now given the Colts pretty much decided to send blitz after blitz the whole game in hopes that a few would get to Manning or at least force an error. They seemed to play an all or nothing type way. I don't think a lot of teams will play this way against us as Manning usually makes teams pay even more than he did yesterday.

DT--What was wrong with him yesterday? He looked slow, quit on some plays, and just uncharacteristically dropped some easy ones.

JT--With this guy He made a lot of outstanding plays but with 1 costly mistake and 1 almost really should have been costly mistake with his fumble. At this point though on offense he looks uncoverable.

Ball--I thought Ball did just about what I expected in this game. He was going to have some good runs with some not so good. You have to think he is still in preseason mode a bit in the sense that he is still getting his vision back for finding the holes and getting into game shape.

Sanders--Good debut for him I thought. One of the brightest spots of the day in my opinion.

OL--Very hit and miss with this group. They didn't seem to be ready for Indy to blitz as much as they did and missed some major assignments. I think that will get cleaned up as the season progresses. Too much talent in this group not to.

DL--Ware I thought had an outstanding game. He got held about 3-4 times that should have been sacks. The rest of the group did pretty well. It looked like especially 2nd half the group was told to contain Luck more than get after him. Part of the prevent defense looked like it was make sure Luck doesn't beat us with a big run. I don't like that. I hate the prevent defense. Our regular defense gave up 7 points through a little over 3 quarters of the game. We switch to prevent and completely let them back in it with 17 in the 4th. Come on Del Rio if it is working don't change it.

Linebackers--This group missed Trevathan big time in this game. I actually thought this would be the one game we play without him that would have the greatest potential for showing his need. We don't play another team for a while that can use the 2-TE set as well as that of the Colts. Not having his coverage skills on the field was huge. Irving I thought showed well for the game up to his injury. He was a monster in the run game. Miller just didn't look like he was quite ready for full game go.

Defensive Backs--This is the group that for the most part impressed me. The 4th quarter yes things got a little out of hand but have to remember that whole time was played without our 2nd and 3rd best Corners in Harris and Webster (idiot for getting himself in the dog house). Seems to happen that as soon as Harris goes out of a game our Secondary gets lit up.

Talib--Had me worried with getting burned a few times in the preseason but they played him to his strengths and he showed just why he is one of the best corners in the league.

Harris--When in this guy looks to have no ill effects from his injury. I know they have him on the pitch count but when he is full go teams are going to wish they played us in these first few games.

Roby--For a rookie in his first game going against a possible HOF player like Reggie Wayne this kid held his own. Yes he gave up some catches but Luck tried to pick on him all game and he made him pay for such a choice.

Carter--have to actually give this guy a shout out. I was hoping he would get cut but he didn't do too bad in this one for being the 4th corner in this one. The touchdown he gave up was just a ridiculous catch that Carter could have just as easily caught.

Moore--Welcome back from your scary injury! When we drafted him the coaches kept bragging about his ball skills and how he was a turnover machine. Is this him finally living up to that?! I hope so.

Ward--Not really much to say. Had a very solid first game for the Broncos.

Since this is getting long winded I'll wrap this up but all in all not a bad first game with so many new moving parts and such a key one in Welker on the sideline (don't think we only score 7 points in the 2nd half with him in the game). Should have been a huge blowout but that first half I think is a sign of what this team can truly be. Both sides can dominate. Just can't wait to see when Welker gets back, Ball gets a bit healthier as well as Harris and Miller and Trevathan. If all goes to plan this game was actually the weakest this team should be.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also seems weird that we are all a little down almost after beating what many considered a possible Super Bowl team in the Colts. I understand the letting them back in the game kind of thing but we have reached a point that a 7 point victory just isn't enough any more. Shows the quality of our team.

Finally we have to remember this first week of the season could not have gone better than it did for us...(well still have to wait till tonight but at this point) The Chiefs and Raiders lost so right now we are winning our division. Throw in then the 2 teams expected to compete with us for the 1st overall seed heading into the playoffs in the Colts and Patriots both lost. Now obviously we have a lot of season left but when you are competing for those top spots and with as tough a schedule as we have it is nice to see especially the Dolphins pull out a nice win for us that was not expected.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also seems weird that we are all a little down almost after beating what many considered a possible Super Bowl team in the Colts. I understand the letting them back in the game kind of thing but we have reached a point that a 7 point victory just isn't enough any more. Shows the quality of our team.

Finally we have to remember this first week of the season could not have gone better than it did for us...(well still have to wait till tonight but at this point) The Chiefs and Raiders lost so right now we are winning our division. Throw in then the 2 teams expected to compete with us for the 1st overall seed heading into the playoffs in the Colts and Patriots both lost. Now obviously we have a lot of season left but when you are competing for those top spots and with as tough a schedule as we have it is nice to see especially the Dolphins pull out a nice win for us that was not expected.

I think the biggest thing cd that many of us tried to convey that bothered at least me the most was the lack of energy,emotion, tenacity we expected to see for the opening game. I will take a 7 pt win any day as long as the team plays hard for 4 qtrs. I`am not the only one that thought " Man they seem kinda sluggish or something" at start of game and " where`s all the emotion?". I will say most of this is toward the offense as I think the D looked more inspired most of the game. Even the crowd seemed almost non-chalant and maybe like you said, overconfident. Maybe whatever DT caught, infected the rest of the offense. It was just to bizzare to see that ho-hum Offense last nite. Hope it was just a off nite and they`ll shake it off and come Sun they`ll ( and fans) show more energy and serious purpose vs KC.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the crowd seemed almost non-chalant and maybe like you said, overconfident.

I don't know if I agree with that. I think the crowd was loud and proud at the start and after we got up 24-0 it did get nonchalant and then a little weird.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked the use of Sanders especially getting him involved in the run game with the end around. He gives us an element of speed that we haven't had in awhile and I would love to see us use him in a Percy Harvin-Cordarrelle Patterson type of way.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Reggie has seen better days and missed most of last yr, Hilton had 5 tds I believe and between Fleener and Allen I think they had like 3 tds. Not exactly above avg :) Matter of fact the whole Indy team only scored like 27 tds on the year

Last edited by a moderator:

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with most of you in that I was hoping that the Broncos would look closer to mid-season form last night. After all, last year they came out and laid a Seattle style whoop-ass on the Ravens. However, I think this year represents more change than usual and it will take some time for the new players to gel and our returning stars to regain their football legs and stamina.

I can't wait for the game in Seattle in week 3, but I really wish that game was going to occur closer to week 9 or 10. I'm not sure that this team will be ready for the challenges that face us up at the Clink.

MH64

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked the use of Sanders especially getting him involved in the run game with the end around. He gives us an element of speed that we haven't had in awhile and I would love to see us use him in a Percy Harvin-Cordarrelle Patterson type of way.

Sanders definitely adds another dimension to an already potent offense. I won't be at all surprised if he has the best year of his young career. Always thought that he was underutilized in Pittsburgh. PFM will make sure that doesn't happen here.