• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1, Dallas Cowboys @ Los Angeles Rams, Sunday 09/13/20, 5:20 PM PDT

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all of the adjustments to one of the craziest years ever, the Rams open-up the NFL 2020 season against the Cowboys on a Sunday night game at the very new and magnificent SoFi Stadium. The Rams begin the season with a very young and talented team and a host of new coaches. Gone are: Wade Phillips, John Fassel, and a bunch of overpaid players like Todd Gurley, Dante Fowler, and Clay Matthews. New coaches include, Brandon Staley, Kevin O'Connell, and John Bonamego. We also have a bevy of new, younger players to start this season.

Supposedly, The Rams have the 10th easiest schedule this year and the Cowboys come into SoFi favored by three points. The Cowboys also are without the services of starting RT La'el Collins so our new edge rushers should have a bit of an advantage. Should be fun to see who starts the season off with a win and whether all the bold moves McSnead made this past off-season were the right thing to do.

Note. No fans in the new stadium until further notice.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Stan has to be pissed his new 5B+ stadium will be empty for the foreseeable future.

construction delayed a year just in time for a worldwide pandemic that will keep that beautiful stadium fan free.

that is just really bad luck.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea ALR. Kronke ain't going to be too pissed as he is getting rent from the Chargers and the NFL.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some sports news outlets are reporting that Lewis will remain on the NFI list for at least 6 weeks and I think he may have re-injured the knee in camp, the one that never got better in college. I think the Rams and McVay will do their usual cover they did for Gurley now on Lewis because I think they are going to rest Lewis and get him completely healed-up this year. We may see him in the last 1/3 of the season if at all this year.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some sports news outlets are reporting that Lewis will remain on the NFI list for at least 6 weeks and I think he may have re-injured the knee in camp, the one that never got better in college. I think the Rams and McVay will do their usual cover they did for Gurley now on Lewis because I think they are going to rest Lewis and get him completely healed-up this year. We may see him in the last 1/3 of the season if at all this year.

I hope he can finally shake the injury bug at some point because reports are he is a unique talent, and it would be great to see it in action.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Aqib Talib officially retired from the NFL after 12 seasons. He was a good signing for us as he added a great deal of veteran savvy to the Rams in general to help build the winning culture around the Rams in way of McSnead. He'll join a cadre of ex-Rams players that have become a family in many senses of the word.

Former Rams CB Aqib Talib retires from NFL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stadium looks amazing. Weird way to open up what may be the best stadium in the world from what you hear. Here's to a healthy week 1 and a bounce back year for both of our teams

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After absolutely horrible ratings from the TNF Chiefs and Texans game and the booing by the few fans that were let into the stadium, I wonder if Jerry is going to finally make a decision on whether he lets the CaBoys do all the social justice protest shit that has the NFL in big trouble. I am pretty sure McVay and the Rams will not be doing much of any of it but if they do, I suspect they will not be prepared for the continued backlash the fans and others are now inflicting on sold-out Roger Goodell and the NFL.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After absolutely horrible ratings from the TNF Chiefs and Texans game and the booing by the few fans that were let into the stadium, I wonder if Jerry is going to finally make a decision on whether he lets the CaBoys do all the social justice protest shit that has the NFL in big trouble. I am pretty sure McVay and the Rams will not be doing much of any of it but if they do, I suspect they will not be prepared for the continued backlash the fans and others are now inflicting on sold-out Roger Goodell and the NFL.
Yep, look at the NBA too. I don't watch sports to be reminded that we are not perfect. We never will be perfect but some gratitude that we try harder than any other country would be nice for a change. As big of a Rams fan that I am. If this continues I will eventually turn it off like I have with the NBA but something tells me that it will magically disappear after the election.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. I am in the same boat, Rambunctious. Outside of attending to my responsibilities here on the SportsHoopla, I have stopped hanging around and watching most of the sports except for racing which I have been watching about as long as I have been following the Rams, Lakers, Phillies, and Flyers (back in the early sixties, Yikes!). I doubt if I'll be around to watch the game tomorrow because I work a 10+-hour shift and I just have lost a whole lot of respect for a bunch overpaid athletes who have engaged a boatload of douchbaggery enough to make me want to hurl and walk away from them!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, look at the NBA too. I don't watch sports to be reminded that we are not perfect. We never will be perfect but some gratitude that we try harder than any other country would be nice for a change. As big of a Rams fan that I am. If this continues I will eventually turn it off like I have with the NBA but something tells me that it will magically disappear after the election.
For me, I’ve just checked out of all sports this year. This is the first time in 20 years where I haven’t done some sort of pick em or fantasy football league for football. And also not going to bother watching this season. All I want from sports is to just be able to sit back and relax for a few hours to watch the game without any types of messages being thrown in my face. I feel like if I want the types of messages the players and media are throwing out there (which I don’t), there’s plenty of other ways I can get that.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, guys....gonna be a good one but I have Dallas winning it.

Just a feeling.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, guys....gonna be a good one but I have Dallas winning it.

Just a feeling.
LOL on the rating DJ, it's a friendly FU (An FU with a smile if you will) for picking the wrong team on these here boards....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here we go again...

Not sure if the Rams/Boys or any other Org needed a pre-season, but this guy did...

Not really ready for the Rams' season to start tonight, like so many others, I've been turned off in this Crazy, Crazy year.

I will watch, I will be here about as often as I was in the past, but I will ignore all the political, and social messaging, much as I have with the other leagues.

I do plan on taking a knee during The Black National Anthem, in protest of the violence that has been going on in the Urban Cities across America and in support of the Awesome First Responders laying their lives on the line everyday in an upside down world they fight to protect.

I hope that it doesn't offend anyone, because that's not my intention. I just I don't want an Unjust & Violent America for my children, and grandchildren to live in, and I think it will be a good way for those like minded to bring focus to this cause....

Blue Lives Matter

Imagine if there was a player or players with the cajones & conviction to actually do this....