• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1: Chiefs @ Houston

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, they moved Stephenson to LT? I knew there were a lot of people within the fanbase who thought Stephenson couldn't mirror his technique at RT (therefore better at LT) but I definitely didn't count Reid among them. Reid has been the biggest backer of Fisher in the entire organization, so I think that's all this is. Kind of shocked they are trying this now after so much talk about giving Fisher time at LT.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very much looking forward to this game. I honestly don't know what to think of the Chiefs this year. I fear that the OL for them will be their undoing once again. I just don't see how they have really improved it with losing Hudson in the off season and the rest not being anything that should get a fan excited. Houston of course then is a team that their greatest strength is that DL/Front-7 on defense. Which one will break in this one we shall see.

I"m also with ChiefsLakers in I am actually surprised the Chiefs are thinking about playing Poe this week. To me it makes more sense to save him for the Broncos game as honestly I think he will only be able to play in one or the other with such a quick turnaround for game 2.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are destroying the Texans...hoping they can keep it up in the 2 nd half.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right side of the OL still looks really bad. Feels like last year's offense with some heavy remodeling in the receiving corp.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOVED the 1st half intensity, HATED the 2nd half conservativism. We play like this on Thurday and we lose...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOVED the 1st half intensity, HATED the 2nd half conservativism. We play like this on Thurday and we lose...
Yeah, the 2nd half playcalling just wasn't called for the way they were moving the ball in the 1st half. Was very frustrated Reid wouldn't go for the kill through the air. They had Houston on their heels and played right into their strength the 2nd half. Just not a fan of that- only advantage is Denver gets to see less legit film for Thursday.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on the plus side, i DO like the work Marcus Peters put in. i like this kid's attitude a WHOLE lot better than Sean Smith's. Seems like he's all business every play...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too be fair, trying to blocck J.J. Watt was a tall order for a plug-in lineman(Jah Reid) imo...
Oh, for sure. Thing is though is Von Miller is next week. Can't mess around against better defenses like Denver has on paper. You can get away with playing keep away against an inept Houston offense, not so against Denver- I assume. Fisher and Allen need to come back, ASAP.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on the plus side, i DO like the work Marcus Peters put in. i like this kid's attitude a WHOLE lot better than Sean Smith's. Seems like he's all business every play...

I can't wait to see Peters develop under this coaching staff. His closing speed is really, really impressive. If the Chiefs can survive these next two games, preferably with a victory over Denver vs the NFC Packers, the secondary looks very promising.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch Morse, pending MNF, is the highest rated center in the NFL this week per PFF grades. I disagree as pointed out by a lot of people, he actually twists his head before the snap- and that's just a cardinal sin for a center; his functional strength is amusing in that his OT scouting report described him as having T-Rex arms. The way he performed vs Wilfork and co mono to mono was very impressive. This pick might pan out a lot sooner than any of us thought if this is what we can expect from him before he refines technique.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch Morse, pending MNF, is the highest rated center in the NFL this week per PFF grades. I disagree as pointed out by a lot of people, he actually twists his head before the snap- and that's just a cardinal sin for a center; his functional strength is amusing in that his OT scouting report described him as having T-Rex arms. The way he performed vs Wilfork and co mono to mono was very impressive. This pick might pan out a lot sooner than any of us thought if this is what we can expect from him before he refines technique.

that and his height is kind of a knock. centers generally aren't that tall...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty close to my general feeling about the line this week. Left side did solid work. Morse was very good outside of a few rookie technical issues that are very easy to fix, imo. LDT was very up and down, and it wasn't all Watt. Ups looked pretty solid, however; upside certainly seems to justify him over Fulton. Reid going up against Watt is just a white flag, essentially. Could really use Fisher's athleticism to, if nothing else, get in Miller's way.

The Houston DL/front 7 is no joke, so it was nice to see this. Hoping it continues.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty close to my general feeling about the line this week. Left side did solid work. Morse was very good outside of a few rookie technical issues that are very easy to fix, imo. LDT was very up and down, and it wasn't all Watt. Ups looked pretty solid, however; upside certainly seems to justify him over Fulton. Reid going up against Watt is just a white flag, essentially. Could really use Fisher's athleticism to, if nothing else, get in Miller's way.

The Houston DL/front 7 is no joke, so it was nice to see this. Hoping it continues.

Both of our teams are getting some early tests for our OL's. I'm hoping ours shows up just a bit better against the Chiefs than they did against Baltimore. I was very surprised at the Chiefs OL as they definitely struggled more in the preseason. If Broncos want to win this game on Thursday I do think they have to play great on defense again as I can't see the Broncos offense doing a whole lot against the Chiefs. Only way that happens is if they get the run game going a bit more.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of our teams are getting some early tests for our OL's. I'm hoping ours shows up just a bit better against the Chiefs than they did against Baltimore. I was very surprised at the Chiefs OL as they definitely struggled more in the preseason. If Broncos want to win this game on Thursday I do think they have to play great on defense again as I can't see the Broncos offense doing a whole lot against the Chiefs. Only way that happens is if they get the run game going a bit more.

lol yeah we COULD be in for a helluva lot of blitzing by both teams this Thursday. be interesting to see who adjusts to it first...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol yeah we COULD be in for a helluva lot of blitzing by both teams this Thursday. be interesting to see who adjusts to it first...
This OL looks like it does fine when it's just a hat on a hat if yesterday is any indication; this goes for LDT especially. It's all the exotic stuff that scares the bejeesus out of me with LDT and Morse right in the interior. If Reid is out there vs Miller- he straight up has no chance vs Miller's speedrush- none. If Fisher can kick out whatsoever on that bum ankle at RT, he's GOT to be out there. Just getting in Miller's way would make a difference.