• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1: Bengals vs. Indy

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won’t play him at guard. They’re sure as hell not playing him at tackle.

Well, Redmond seems to have earned Marvin's stamp of approval, and besides Glenn who is a proven commodity, Boling is their veteran staple in the lineup. The only position really still under fire is RT as no one is stepping up there. Hart, Obuehi, Fisher...all crap. That is fine if Marvin has a hard on for Redmond, but for goodness sakes, try your best bench lineman at RT even if he is a natural guard. Some guards make a really nice transition to tackle, especially if they are athletic enough to trap pull and things like that. Can probably handle it. Can't see how he can be worse.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the pass defense has gotten much better over the last 2-3 years, I just thought Luck was gonna want to sling the ball all over the place and show that he hasn't lost a step in the last year and a half.

What do you call throwing the ball 53 times and throwing for over 300 yards?

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Redmond seems to have earned Marvin's stamp of approval, and besides Glenn who is a proven commodity, Boling is their veteran staple in the lineup. The only position really still under fire is RT as no one is stepping up there. Hart, Obuehi, Fisher...all crap. That is fine if Marvin has a hard on for Redmond, but for goodness sakes, try your best bench lineman at RT even if he is a natural guard. Some guards make a really nice transition to tackle, especially if they are athletic enough to trap pull and things like that. Can probably handle it. Can't see how he can be worse.

I’m not opposed to the idea. Hell, they could stick and inflatable clown at RT and it wouldn’t be any worse.

Simply stating that they will never do it. Especially when they won’t even play the guy at his natural position. This is Marvin Lewis. The most stubborn, slow to adapt HC in football. They’ll keep trotting Hart and Redmond out there until it’s too late. No matter how painfully obvious it is to everyone that it isn’t going to work.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look how long it took to get rid of Eric "Guycheck" (i forget how to spell it) and Bodine.... Marvin loves "tough" lineman that can't block at all. Redmond will be around forever.

You know what would be great right now? Having a top end guard that we used a first round pick on and watched develop into one of the best in the league. Unfortunately that guy is in Cleveland because apparently Mike Brown doesn't pay guards.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just need to break down and draft a RT #1 in this next draft. Won't do crap for us this year, but that has to be the #1 pick in 2019.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Margus Hunt looked like a pro bowler.

Pleeeeeeease fix the right side of the line.

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, good lord.... A Ravens fan. You'd figured they wouldn't talk shit to the Bengals given that they are the only franchise that consistently struggles with Marvin Lewis teams.

Yeah ... that's right. I love talking smack to Bunghole fans. When Marvin can win a playoff game and advance to the 2nd round ... only then should you speak of his alleged greatness vs the Ravens. It might have some meaning.

I'm surprised Lewis is still a head coach. He needs to go back to Defensive Coordinator.

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad you don't still have Dennis Pitta, he could beat the entire team single handily, one of the old raven's posters has us convinced that he was basically a god like hercules, aries, zeus, or mercury.

Dennis was a great TE. Unfortunately, he couldn't stay healthy.

Skill-wise, he was closer to Todd Heap.

Dennis is nothing but a commentator, now, for the Ravens.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah ... that's right. I love talking smack to Bunghole fans. When Marvin can win a playoff game and advance to the 2nd round ... only then should you speak of his alleged greatness vs the Ravens. It might have some meaning.

I'm surprised Lewis is still a head coach. He needs to go back to Defensive Coordinator.

Even trash talk from Ravens fans feels underwhelming lol. Just boring. Special type of suckish.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MARVIN LEWIS OWNS YOUR STUPID TEAM!! He is a horrible coach, but he owns YOUR STUPID TEAM. Chew on that.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neat. Haven’t heard a good Bengals playoff joke in a while.

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even trash talk from Ravens fans feels underwhelming lol. Just boring. Special type of suckish.

Well ... if the Bungholes put out a better product, they might be worth talking about.

Be grateful I took time to troll you, lol!

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MARVIN LEWIS OWNS YOUR STUPID TEAM!! He is a horrible coach, but he owns YOUR STUPID TEAM. Chew on that.

A fanboy of Marvin Lewis talking shit to a fan of the team he had the most success at? Priceless! LOL! :pound:

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neat. Haven’t heard a good Bengals playoff joke in a while.

Just poking fun. On a serious note ... good luck to the Bengals, this season.

The AFC North needs all teams to be strong and represent. I'm tired of pundits saying the AFC North is weak.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fanboy of Marvin Lewis talking shit to a fan of the team he had the most success at? Priceless! LOL! :pound:

LOL! Look guys, I'm a Marvin Lewis fan!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ravens won 47 to 3, granted it was Buffalo and they may be the worst team in football this year. Then we squeek one out in Indy. It is our home opener, and we haven't had any major injury Sunday, as Preston Brown will probably be a game time decision. Thursday night football, and now Flacco has a reason to actually play for his contract.

How bad we going to get beat?

24 - 17 we lose if we are lucky?

However, if we can manage to beat Baltimore, both Carolina and Atlanta look beatable. Fingers crossed I guess we start out of the gate well.

I Can see us going 4-4 to 6-2 by the BYE. Let's hope the offensive line gets its head out of it ass, and the refs do not screw us on our sacks with roughing the passer like they did Sunday.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the refs do not screw us on our sacks with roughing the passer like they did Sunday.

I just accept the fact that the NFL straight-up dislikes us. Pretty blatant. It's petty and stupid. Gonna get worse when Burfict comes back. But it is what it is.

Just makes the games more "entertaining" if that's a positive.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just accept the fact that the NFL straight-up dislikes us. Pretty blatant. It's petty and stupid. Gonna get worse when Burfict comes back. But it is what it is.

Just makes the games more "entertaining" if that's a positive.

Of course the league doesn’t like us. Cincy is a small, midwest market that the league office couldn’t give less of a fuck about. The Brown family also brings very little to the table in regards to the revenue sharing pot, yet still takes a slice. To the behest of folks like Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft, Stan Kroenke, the Maras, and other wealthier more powerful ownership groups who contribute much more to the brand.

The Bengals do nothing to move the needle for the league. Add onto the fact that we employ players like Burfict who are perceived as thugs, and have injured superstars on the league royalty Steelers.... they will never get the benefit of the doubt.

The only way this franchise ever comes close to a championship is if they somehow stumble backwards into the next Aaron Rodgers.