• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We won the number 1 pick!!!!!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was an oline loan worthy of a top 2 pick, I would consider him as well. I want to start building up the trenches. I wouldn’t mind drafting solely DLine and oline in this draft, tbh.

Smart man. But most idiot Bear fans want wall to wall WRs every year. They believe in the outside in theory: Great WRs will keep the pass pressure away because the receivers will always be open. So Fields won’t need much time. (rolls eyes). I blame video games

We dont need the no.1 pick in the draft to get an olineman......this why you trade down some and go for either Skoronski or Paris Johnson.......or possibly both.....not sure how to pull it off......but Im not in the draft room.....

But dont tell me Justin Jeffferson,wadfle and Hill,Jamaar Chase,Diggs,CD,,Kelce,Kitle,DaVonte Snith Goedert Brown,Aiyuk and etc does not make a world of difference for their teams because it does.....

You just can not expect Fields to be able to trot out there with the trash he played with this year and expect to win.....you just cant.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont need the no.1 pick in the draft to get an olineman......this why you trade down some and go for either Skoronski or Paris Johnson.......or possibly both.....not sure how to pull it off......but Im not in the draft room.....
That's because there is no olinemen worthy of the top pick. If there was, i'd be all for drafting him. Why don't you understand this? You want to trade down because you have tunnel vision for an olineman only. I see a team filled with needs on both sides of the ball. Trench guys being the most important.

But dont tell me Justin Jeffferson,wadfle and Hill,Jamaar Chase,Diggs,CD,,Kelce,Kitle,DaVonte Snith Goedert Brown,Aiyuk and etc does not make a world of difference for their teams because it does.....
Don't tell me an all pro olinemen or all pro defensive line won't help this team either. I love how your argument is based on having the best WRs in the game surround Fields. Is that really the bar you're expecting?

You just can not expect Fields to be able to trot out there with the trash he played with this year and expect to win.....you just cant.
And you can't expect the Bears to win with no defense. Dead last in sacks.

You have tunnel vision for offense only. You don't even know if Fields is the guy for certain and yet you want to surround the entire with all pro players for him only. Thats stupid.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because there is no olinemen worthy of the top pick. If there was, i'd be all for drafting him. Why don't you understand this? You want to trade down because you have tunnel vision for an olineman only. I see a team filled with needs on both sides of the ball. Trench guys being the most important.

Don't tell me an all pro olinemen or all pro defensive line won't help this team either. I love how your argument is based on having the best WRs in the game surround Fields. Is that really the bar you're expecting?

And you can't expect the Bears to win with no defense. Dead last in sacks.

You have tunnel vision for offense only. You don't even know if Fields is the guy for certain and yet you want to surround the entire with all pro players for him only. Thats stupid.

Youre missing the point......

First of all,to find out if JF is our guy for the future,you have to give him talent.....all those players I listed and more I didnt list makke their offense better.....theres none of that coming out in freeagency.........we need oline and wr to figure this out.....

Although sacks are a great stat,ask the leagues most sacked qb a year ago if that stopped him in making the SB in Joe Burrow.....

Would it not be nice to be able to say we have a team that if down going into the 4th qtr or needing a 2 minute offense and say ya,we have a chance.....

Did we have anything close to that this padt season.....?

Because if you look back,we lost 7 games by 8 pts or less.....and thats with this horrible D......

And say if JF is NOT THAT GUY,by trading down,we would have an extra draft pick to use for another qb.......

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre missing the point......

First of all,to find out if JF is our guy for the future,you have to give him talent.....all those players I listed and more I didnt list makke their offense better.....theres none of that coming out in freeagency.........we need oline and wr to figure this out.....

Although sacks are a great stat,ask the leagues most sacked qb a year ago if that stopped him in making the SB in Joe Burrow.....

Would it not be nice to be able to say we have a team that if down going into the 4th qtr or needing a 2 minute offense and say ya,we have a chance.....

Did we have anything close to that this padt season.....?

Because if you look back,we lost 7 games by 8 pts or less.....and thats with this horrible D......

And say if JF is NOT THAT GUY,by trading down,we would have an extra draft pick to use for another qb.......

I am not missing the point. You think going only offense is the only way to win.

I love Bear fans. They keep wanting to give JF talent and every year ppl in here talk about how David Montgomery is elite, Mooney reminds them of Tyreek HIll, we had Allen Robinson. And yet they want more talent every year. Strange. EVERY year Bear fans want to draft WRs. I'm not kidding. It's every freaking year.

Bengals also lost in the SB having only generated 20 points. The Chiefs lost also scoring only 9. Bears also lost in the SB with a good D and average O. So what does that prove? There's multiple ways to win. You only think offense is the way to go. I strongly disagree.

It cuts both ways. If you have a better D, maybe we wouldn't be down by 4th qtr.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not missing the point. You think going only offense is the only way to win.

I love Bear fans. They keep wanting to give JF talent and every year ppl in here talk about how David Montgomery is elite, Mooney reminds them of Tyreek HIll, we had Allen Robinson. And yet they want more talent every year. Strange. EVERY year Bear fans want to draft WRs. I'm not kidding. It's every freaking year.

Bengals also lost in the SB having only generated 20 points. The Chiefs lost also scoring only 9. Bears also lost in the SB with a good D and average O. So what does that prove? There's multiple ways to win. You only think offense is the way to go. I strongly disagree.

It cuts both ways. If you have a better D, maybe we wouldn't be down by 4th qtr.

Top 10 def in points allowed that made the playoffs is 5.....
Top 10 offenses in points scored that made the playoffs is 9.....

Offense wins that battle......

Top 10 def in sacks(Being thats your your arguement) is 6......6 really??

Top 10 def in total yards allowed making the playoffs is 5......
Top 10 offenses in total yards making the the playoffs is 9......

Make that another win for the offense......

Did you know over the years average scoring per game rises.....

And yet the same Chiefs scored 31 the season before.....
And yet the same Rams team that won last season won because of Stafford,Odell and Kupp,but they lost the SB 13-3 vs the Pats.....and thats with out those 3 players.I think you can figure that one out....

These are the last winning teams pts they scored:
23-31-31-13-41-34-24-28-43-34

If a defense wins championsships,the winning teams would be scoring very low pts.....other than a 13,theres one borderline......

Unless you were the 70s Steelers,85 Bears,1999 Ravens or the 03 Bucs youd win the arguement on def winning......

Oh,and did you know Aaro Donald was a no.13 pick......we dont need to waste a lonely number one on just one player when we can ger multiple no.1s......

I can keep going if youd like.....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh,and these 4th qtr come backs and two minute drills were perfected by Brady,Manning,Rodgers,Allen,Mahomes,Burrow,Stafford and more Ive left out from getting their teams wins.........who needs that type of qbing.....apparently we dont.....>rolls eyes<

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think we can get Hopkins for a 5th rounder? It might be worth it for a stop gap WR while we look for a young replacement.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think we can get Hopkins for a 5th rounder? It might be worth it for a stop gap WR while we look for a young replacement.

I personally would like any and all reps these next couple seasons to go to players 27 and younger and focusing on signing those types.

We're not going far next year and most likely the year after, so let's build up for players that will be there for 3-4 years out when the real run occurs (hopefully).

If we get close, then we sign an older experienced player like Hopkins that can plug and play.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally id steer clear of Carter

UGA DL guys are typically busts in the NFL . Last guy to come out of there at that position who was any good was Justin Houston over a decade ago

But if you are ok with him then trading back with Indy is the way to go. You'll add get value and guarantee you get Carter ir Andersen

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UGA DL guys are typically busts in the NFL . Last guy to come out of there at that position who was any good was Justin Houston over a decade ago

But if you are ok with him then trading back with Indy is the way to go. You'll add get value and guarantee you get Carter ir Andersen

I'm just not a fan of associating a player's NFL career possibilities with his college. Every player and situation is unique. If the dude can ball, he can ball regardless of school.

That said, this conversation would be over if Carter went to Notre Dame. Bears would already have the pick in.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not a fan of associating a player's NFL career possibilities with his college. Every player and situation is unique. If the dude can ball, he can ball regardless of school.

That said, this conversation would be over if Carter went to Notre Dame. Bears would already have the pick in.
I'm generally with Jiddy in attempting to sign or obtain new players within an age limit. However, if we could snatch Hopkins for a 5th, I'd be down. Wouldn't offer anything better tho.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 def in points allowed that made the playoffs is 5.....
Top 10 offenses in points scored that made the playoffs is 9.....

Offense wins that battle......

Top 10 def in sacks(Being thats your your arguement) is 6......6 really??

Top 10 def in total yards allowed making the playoffs is 5......
Top 10 offenses in total yards making the the playoffs is 9......

Make that another win for the offense......

Did you know over the years average scoring per game rises.....

And yet the same Chiefs scored 31 the season before.....
And yet the same Rams team that won last season won because of Stafford,Odell and Kupp,but they lost the SB 13-3 vs the Pats.....and thats with out those 3 players.I think you can figure that one out....

These are the last winning teams pts they scored:
23-31-31-13-41-34-24-28-43-34
Lots of cherry picking stats. I can do that too:

Four of the last 20 Super Bowl champions have had the top-ranked defense, while only one has had the top-ranked offense

If a defense wins championsships,the winning teams would be scoring very low pts.....other than a 13,theres one borderline......

Unless you were the 70s Steelers,85 Bears,1999 Ravens or the 03 Bucs youd win the arguement on def winning......
I never said defenses win championships. I said you need both.

Oh,and did you know Aaro Donald was a no.13 pick......we dont need to waste a lonely number one on just one player when we can ger multiple no.1s......
This is a dumb argument. What does Donald being a 13th pick have anything to do with all future picks in the NFL going forward? I could counter by naming all the successful first round picks in the history of the NFL but I'm not lame like you.

Donald also made the last play to seal the win for the Rams. Outside of QB, Donald along with Ramsey (two defensive players) were the highest paid players when they won the SB.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of cherry picking stats. I can do that too:

Four of the last 20 Super Bowl champions have had the top-ranked defense, while only one has had the top-ranked offense

I never said defenses win championships. I said you need both.

This is a dumb argument. What does Donald being a 13th pick have anything to do with all future picks in the NFL going forward? I could counter by naming all the successful first round picks in the history of the NFL but I'm not lame like you.

Donald also made the last play to seal the win for the Rams. Outside of QB, Donald along with Ramsey (two defensive players) were the highest paid players when they won the SB.

Never mind......go back to sleep.

I showed you how valueable the offense is over def.........us Bear fans do not know what its like to have a competent qb........
We finally get a qb that can be that guy,and now youre goonna try to tell me we need def first before we get JF some real help.....
Thats dumb as shit.......

Webeen bitching about qbs ever since I started watching in 75,except for the McMahon years.......we have never even had a HOF type wr,since I can remember,and you wonder why as a Bear fan we ask for wrs.......
We need to keep up with the pace of the offenses these days.......You need yo be able to score at will,not rely on a def to keep you close......

And if close is what youre looking for,we lost 7 games by 8 pts or less,thats just a td away......and thats with a horrible def......only if we had an oline and wrs to help us out......d coremost

And getting Carter or Anderson is not gonna do it when theres nothing left in freeagency for wrs to take.......

As far as olineman,Skoronski-Paris John would be a great addition to this team,along with the two top wrs over def........

Im all for a Payne signing,myself.......I just think we need young players on offense to have with a young qb.........

We shouldnt be fucking it up this time around.......lets see what wehave with Fields first and foremost.....

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I showed you how valueable the offense is over def.........us Bear fans do not know what its like to have a competent qb........
And i showed you stats on defense. And collectively we proved you need both offense and defense. Why are you such a blockhead?

We finally get a qb that can be that guy,and now youre goonna try to tell me we need def first before we get JF some real help.....
Thats dumb as shit.......
a. You have no idea if Fields is "that guy"
b. No again, for the 100th time. We draft best player at 1, that person happens to be on the defensive line. If said person was an OL, i would be for that too.

This seriously cannot be this complicated. You have an extremely low IQ to not be able to understand what i'm saying.

We need to keep up with the pace of the offenses these days.......You need yo be able to score at will,not rely on a def to keep you close......
Or have a D that can stop offenses. You have tunnel vision. Too many video games I'm guessing.

And if close is what youre looking for,we lost 7 games by 8 pts or less,thats just a td away......and thats with a horrible def......only if we had an oline and wrs to help us out......d coremost
And a good D wouldn't of helped those 7 games?

And getting Carter or Anderson is not gonna do it when theres nothing left in freeagency for wrs to take.......
This is a multi year rebuild, not a single player on either side of the ball will fix anything. But I'd rather start with a premiere pass rusher because that's the best guy available at 1.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i showed you stats on defense. And collectively we proved you need both offense and defense. Why are you such a blockhead?

I proved to you more top 10 offensive teams make the playoffs than def......prove it wrong......

a. You have no idea if Fields is "that guy"
b. No again, for the 100th time. We draft best player at 1, that person happens to be on the defensive line. If said person was an OL, i would be for that too.

No,I do not know if Fields is that guy....so lets quit drafting one forevef,lets not get any qb we ever have help again.....we do not need those pieces....

Or have a D that can stop offenses. You have tunnel vision. Too many video games I'm guessing.

Ya,because all the greatest qbs ever have never been in the situation Fields is in......they always are up .....I forgot......lmao

And a good D wouldn't of helped those 7 games?

So I guess for here on out,Bears will go undefeated because of defense......wtf are you even talking about???
Only one team in the history has done that.....theres not a team out there thats never had to come from behind....cmon man.

This is a multi year rebuild, not a single player on either side of the ball will fix anything. But I'd rather start with a premiere pass rusher because that's the best guy available at 1.

At no.1.....???....why would we stay at no.1???????

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At no.1.....???....why would we stay at no.1???????

Because maybe we don’t get the haul required to trade down?? Maybe we like Young better than Fields? Maybe we like Anderson or Carter that much? There’s a million reasons sporty, use your imagination.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because maybe we don’t get the haul required to trade down?? Maybe we like Young better than Fields? Maybe we like Anderson or Carter that much? There’s a million reasons sporty, use your imagination.

All most all of my last post is gone,rhere was more to it than that......oh well.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about trading that # 1 pick + Fields to the Browns for Watson, Jadeveon Clowney and multiple picks? :hope:

teambestb.gif :heh:

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I showed you how valueable the offense is over def.

You didn’t though. You gave your opinion it is.

You’ve been given countless stats and realities that defense is every bit as important and it takes being good on both sides of the ball to win it all.

And you’ve ignored it all and just continue to throw out baseless crap.

You’ve proven nothing except for the fact you have awful comprehension skills.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The word I'm hearing is he is on the lazy side... Who knows, could be a superstar or a superstar on contract years only or maybe a bust... The draft is a crap shoot and that's why you want more picks and trade down if you can make it make sense