• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We won the number 1 pick!!!!!

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the second best way to end the nfl season after winning the Super Bowl. Hopefully we don’t try to get too cute with it. I wouldn’t mind trading back a pick or two, but if we don’t end up with Jalen Carter, it will be a failure of a draft.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fail-japanese-game-show.gif

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how there should be a scenario that exists - where we do not trade this pick. This isn't even a thought. There will be a market trying to jump Houston for whichever QB they want. Even trading back to just #3 to the Jets will warrant nice compensation and we still get our pick of the non-QB litter.

There's also scenarios with Arizona and Vegas that will be floating around involving Hopkins/Adams.

The downside here?

Chase Claypool's value just became #33 in the draft. Yuck.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how there should be a scenario that exists - where we do not trade this pick. This isn't even a thought. There will be a market trying to jump Houston for whichever QB they want. Even trading back to just #3 to the Jets will warrant nice compensation and we still get our pick of the non-QB litter.

There's also scenarios with Arizona and Vegas that will be floating around involving Hopkins/Adams.

The downside here?

I disagree. Our priority should be to get Jalen Carter. If a trade back prevents that, we should just select him. He’s a game wrecker. Hopefully we can just trade back with Houston and then trade back with the jets, but I doubt it works out that way.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how there should be a scenario that exists - where we do not trade this pick. This isn't even a thought.
It becomes a thought if Poles doesn't receive what he believes to be the right package of picks and/or players. Now what that would be I haven't a clue, but I predicted way, way back that if we ended with a top 5 or better pick, Poles will be looking to trade back. But it has to be the right package for him to seal the deal. Assuming he gets the right offer, then I'm 100% certain he'll take it.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is there to think about of not wanting to trade down.......the picks recieved are more valueable than just the single no.1 pick......

The draft order is as follows:
Bears-
Texans
Arizona
Indy
Seattle
Detroit
LVR
Atlanta
Carolina
Philly
Tenn
Texans
Jet

Of those teams,we will be trading with a team that needs qb: indy,Atl,CarJets and possibly LV......
And for the guys who want Anderson or Carter,better hope the Colts come a knocking,otherwise we wont be getting one those two......Arizona with JJ retiring will draft one of ghose to take his place.....
Seattle maybe happy with Geno and could draft one of the other two....
Detroit will be pretty much happy with their offense and may wanna trade up to us to take Anderson or Carter......team him up with Hutchinson,and they get theirselves a very nice dline....( but would we wanna face that twice a year)

One crazy scenarion......
What if the Texans wanna trade us their no.12 pick,their no.2 pick next years no.1
and no.2??.......They would have the top 2 slots this year.....Texans are still sitting in a sweet spot.......

Other than trading with Indy,we wont get one of those two dlineman.......

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The downside here?

32. Miami lost theirs so there's only 31 in the first round.

*twists knife*

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the Texans wanna trade us their no.12 pick,their no.2 pick next years no.1
and no.2??.......They would have the top 2 slots this year.....Texans are still sitting in a sweet spot.......
Not really a crazy scenario, but if I were Poles I'd hold out for a little more. If I recall the Texans have two #3's this draft, including one from the Browns. So I'd have that Browns 3rd rounder added to the kitty. And if the Texans balked at that, I'd say buh bye, there are other teams also wanting our spot.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a crazy scenario, but if I were Poles I'd hold out for a little more. If I recall the Texans have two #3's this draft, including one from the Browns. So I'd have that Browns 3rd rounder added to the kitty. And if the Texans balked at that, I'd say buh bye, there are other teams also wanting our spot.

Yeah,we can hold out for more........Never really been in this situation to fully know what we can actually get......

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never underestimate crazy Jim Irsay of the Colts. He may give us the farm for Young. It’s all up to Poles to play this right.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is there to think about of not wanting to trade down.......the picks recieved are more valueable than just the single no.1 pick......

The draft order is as follows:
Bears-
Texans
Arizona
Indy
Seattle
Detroit
LVR
Atlanta
Carolina
Philly
Tenn
Texans
Jet

Of those teams,we will be trading with a team that needs qb: indy,Atl,CarJets and possibly LV......
And for the guys who want Anderson or Carter,better hope the Colts come a knocking,otherwise we wont be getting one those two......Arizona with JJ retiring will draft one of ghose to take his place.....
Seattle maybe happy with Geno and could draft one of the other two....
Detroit will be pretty much happy with their offense and may wanna trade up to us to take Anderson or Carter......team him up with Hutchinson,and they get theirselves a very nice dline....( but would we wanna face that twice a year)

Other than trading with Indy,we wont get one of those two dlineman.......
If Carter ends up having the impact of an Aaron Donald, then the number 1 pick is way more valuable for our defense than anything else in the draft.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Carter ends up having the impact of an Aaron Donald, then the number 1 pick is way more valuable for our defense than anything else in the draft.

Well OBVIOUSLY. Talk about water is wet post.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anderson is not worth more than what we are gonna get for the no.1......you can get some great talent with those extra picks we will recieve,than one guy filling one hole.....

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anderson is not worth more than what we are gonna get for the no.1......you can get some great talent with those extra picks we will recieve,than one guy filling one hole.....
You get too cute and you’ll have a bunch of busts.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get too cute and you’ll have a bunch of busts.

Well thats how it goes,it doesnt matter how many picks or just one pick,those top 10 picks bust all the time anyways......

Buuut,I know you guys want def and want one of those dlineman and Im for offense myself.....you dont wanna waste JF talents by not getting him any help AGAIN.....
Tbats just plain dum ......

But I like watching The Herd,and he brought up the Bears trading down is s great idea,because that will bring in a teams first next season.....And if we get JF the help he needs eith ectra picks,and he doesng cut it,we cojld end up with 2 hi draft picks and possibly draft that qb we need......we need to add those picks.

Kinda makes sense.......

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thats how it goes,it doesnt matter how many picks or just one pick,those top 10 picks bust all the time anyways......

Buuut,I know you guys want def and want one of those dlineman and Im for offense myself.....you dont wanna waste JF talents by not getting him any help AGAIN.....
Tbats just plain dum ......

But I like watching The Herd,and he brought up the Bears trading down is s great idea,because that will bring in a teams first next season.....And if we get JF the help he needs eith ectra picks,and he doesng cut it,we cojld end up with 2 hi draft picks and possibly draft that qb we need......we need to add those picks.

Kinda makes sense.......
If there was an oline loan worthy of a top 2 pick, I would consider him as well. I want to start building up the trenches. I wouldn’t mind drafting solely DLine and oline in this draft, tbh.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My strategy as GM would be to let it get out that we are looking to trade back for a qb needy team, trying to bait the Texans. If we don’t get an offer from the Texans or a crazy offer from indy, I would just draft Carter.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was an oline loan worthy of a top 2 pick, I would consider him as well. I want to start building up the trenches. I wouldn’t mind drafting solely DLine and oline in this draft, tbh.

Smart man. But most idiot Bear fans want wall to wall WRs every year. They believe in the outside in theory: Great WRs will keep the pass pressure away because the receivers will always be open. So Fields won’t need much time. (rolls eyes). I blame video games

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a lot better going into this #1 needing a franchise quarterback and not a lineman.
Detroit can stay at 6 and still probably get Levis unless the Colts stay away from Stroud.

I do not know where Anderson fits on this team at 243 pounds, but will be more impactful than Carter eating up double teams allowing Sanborn to make tackles. Compare him to Aaron Donald is a mistake, Donald is only 280. Can Anderson be in a Wilbur Marshall role of the blitzer? Will Eberflus create a position for him like Parsons? The great ones do, but the last ones we had were sent away before getting an opportunity.

The chances of screwing this up are much greater than getting the right guy at 1.