• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We should be 6-0

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard local radio talking about the Cowboys defense. Statistically they are actually on par with last years D which was one of the worst in the NFL according to the show. The difference is exposure though. The Cowboys running the ball more and winning the time of possession battle has kept the D off the field which is making them look better than they really are. They are still giving up a lot of yards per play and letting opponents convert on a high amount of 3rd downs.

This is why when people say that Kaepernick won last year (after we settled back to running not passing too much) because of his defense, it isn't true per se. We have good personnel (though now injured), but there's a lot to be said about resting a defense, running the clock out, good field position, and allowing a defense to be aggressive because you built a lead (no turnovers). To put the credit on defense only or running and defense only is silly. I've thought that for the last four seasons (though our defense since the start has declined).

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we make the playoffs, I'll be really surprised. all 3 losses I'm putting on the playcalling. you don't beat peyton manning by getting in a shootout with him, especially when your D is banged up. you run the freakin ball to keep manning on the sideline and to keep your D fresh. All the 3 losses we didn't run at all. coincidence? I think not.

The running game couldnt do anything.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha the running game was non existing and we have 2 OL out, and Boldin and VD were dropping easy ass passes to them. This would have been a loss if we were healthy on defense, Manning is on fire right now

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seson has been crazy. We could be anywhere from 2-10 to 9-3 (If you accept that 28-20 loss is one TD and 2pt conversion away from OT).

5 wins were by 6 points or fewer. 2 losses within 8. I assume this is true for almost every team, but the way that people have been jumping off the cliff, it seems like we've been blown out every loss. Reassurances are silly, too, as we've won games by the skin of our teeth (our credit for not losing them, but there's an issue there, too).

Oakland could be 6-5 or 0-11. Tampa Bay could be 8-4 or 1-10. Kansas City could be 10-1 or 4-7.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis 7-5 or 1-10.