• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We are DOOMED!

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our new OC's numbers:

Rutgers

2011: The Scarlet Knights averaged 26.4 points per game (65th in the nation), 339 yards per game (99th), 241.2 pass yards per game (52nd) and 97.8 rushing yards per game (112th).

Pittsburgh

2010: The Panthers averaged 26.3 points per game (65th), 367 yards per game (72nd), 201.2 passing yards per game (73rd) and 165.7 rushing yards per game (45th).

2009: 32.1 points per game (21st), 392 yards per game (52nd), 211.3 passing yards per game (68th) and 180.3 rushing yards per game (34th).

California

2008: The Golden Bears averaged 32.6 points per game (27th), 376 yards per game (47th), 189.8 passing yards per game (83rd) and 186.2 rushing yards per game (29th).

North Carolina

2006: The Tar Heels averaged 18 points per game (100th), 293 yards per game (101st), 179.7 passing yards per game (83rd) and 113.3 rushing yards per game (90th).

Fresno State

2005: The Bulldogs averaged 37.8 points per game (sixth), 425 yards per game (tied for 29th), 260.3 passing yards per game (25th) and 164.6 rushing yards per game (41st).

2004: 40.2 points per game (fifth), 405 yards per game (tied for 31st), 177 passing yards per game (95th) and 227.5 rushing yards per game (15th).

2003: 23 points per game (80th), 352.6 yards per game (77th), 192.1 passing yards per game (84th) and 160.4 rushing yards per game (50th).

2002: 27 points per game (62nd), 374 yards per game (59th), 241.6 passing yards per game (41st) and 132.4 rushing yards per game (77th).

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then that sucks..

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
atleast he averages more than 10 points....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh TEB not only the thread but even the thread title is sooooo Ram Tough! :lol:

Really, you can't base an opinion on these tenures.

He was at Rutgers, Cal and North Caro for just one year! And at Pittsburgh for just 2 years. How much can you get done in that amount of time?

He was at Fresno State for longer than that and look at what he was able to accomplish there!

He was very successful running a Pro Style offense that focused on the run at Fresno State where his offense ranked fifth nationally in 2004 and seventh in 2005.

In 2004 Fresno State became the sixth team in NCAA history to score over 50 points in four consecutive games. The 2004 team also led the WAC in average yards per carry and amassed 65 touchdowns. He did this with running backs by the name of Bryson Sumlin and Wendell Mathis ever heard of them? He also had a QB by the name of Paul Pinegar who had season Quarterback ratings of 135 and 146 respectively in those years. Few Rams fans have heard of this QB either, that's how obscure his talent pool was to work with yet he had national success!
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/6310340-post23.html
I'm looking forward to seeing what Junior can do with some NFL talent and a defense that wants to score and also give him the ball more often!

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here Vita. I'd love to see us get two O-lineman in this draft. Young studs. If possible, add a LB, a QB, another CB and maybe a RB. Then I want to see what Cignetti brings to the table.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh TEB not only the thread but even the thread title is sooooo Ram Tough! :lol:

Really, you can't base an opinion on these tenures.

He was at Rutgers, Cal and North Caro for just one year! And at Pittsburgh for just 2 years. How much can you get done in that amount of time?

He was at Fresno State for longer than that and look at what he was able to accomplish there!

I'm looking forward to seeing what Junior can do with some NFL talent and a defense that wants to score and also give him the ball more often!

While I pretty much agree Vita, however you have to wonder, why was he only allowed one/two years at those jobs after accomplishing what he did at Fresno State. Could those teams/coaches have really thought they already had so much talent he should succeed immediately? Just wondering why they got rid of him so fast rather than giving him a few years to establish something.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I pretty much agree Vita, however you have to wonder, why was he only allowed one/two years at those jobs after accomplishing what he did at Fresno State. Could those teams/coaches have really thought they already had so much talent he should succeed immediately? Just wondering why they got rid of him so fast rather than giving him a few years to establish something.
It's the coaching carousel man, that's how it works.

After having his success with Fresno St. he took a job at North Carolina and the head coach who hired him was let go the next season and that dude brought in his own guy. So he too moved and took a job with the 49ers as their QB coach for a year.

He worked that back to an OC spot with the Cal Bears in 2008 and by seasons end he had the Bears Ranked again with 9 wins and an Emerald bowl win vs the Canes. I should mention he had Jahvid Best during that one year and coached him to his best season in college with over 1500 rushing yards. Jahvid's next best season in college was half of that.

With that he wanted to get back near his home and family so he got the OC spot at Pitt where both his Daddy & Brother use to coach and where he got his first coaching gig. At Pitt he took the un-ranked Panthers from the previous season off to a 9-1 start where they ended up Ranked No 15 in the Country. The next year the Panthers had a decent season splitting the conference title but at Pitt they have high standards and a rich history so HC Dave Wannstedt was sort of forced to resign. That too ended Frank's tenure at Pitt and the Coaching Carousel continued to turn for Frank.

So on to nearby Rutgers as the OC where he took over a 4 win team from the season prior and helped them to a 9 win season and a Bowl game win. He quickly was hired by Jeff Fisher after a 1 year stent in New Jersey.

I mean this guy has been good to great everywhere he has been. We have a good one guys. The more I discover about this dude the better I feel about the hire.

What I hear the most about Junior is his ability to coach up QB's and that should come in handy the next couple of seasons.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Cignetti ends up being a little like Mike Martz and we see an updated version of the GSOT that features the power running game. If Sammie is going to be the QB this year, I'd liked to see his release be quicker and the WRs running more precise and crisp routes. Just as SJ76 has mentioned, Sammie and Cignetti should take a page from Brady's superbowl performance. That ball was gone in a hurry and it neutralizes a good defense. Of course they can leave the cheating behind.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhh I'm not a fan of the hire. I was hoping for someone more NFL proven. I think this was a desperate hire by Fisher who was caught off guard by the departing Schottenheimer.

I do not consider this a step forward. Hope he proves me wrong and can move the ball down the field.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhh I'm not a fan of the hire. I was hoping for someone more NFL proven. I think this was a desperate hire by Fisher who was caught off guard by the departing Schottenheimer

This is the same statement most of you make when talking about free agents. What we want is not always reality. We are not going to sign all the big name free agents out there. Reality is, they do not want to come here. Same goes for coaches. Hell, Hackett thought going to Jax was a better spot than here. It should tell us something.

I do not consider this a step forward. Hope he proves me wrong and can move the ball down the field.

You forget that whomever Fisher hired was going to run FISHER'S offense with a few wrinkles. Cignetti is not going to come in and run a wide open, spread offense because that is NOT what Fisher wants.

I actually DO consider this a step forward for one main reason. Sam Bradford. Cignetti has been his QB coach for 3 seasons now. They have a connection. Sam knows what Frank wants and Frank knows exactly what Sam can and cannot do. I would bet you will see some wrinkles in the new system based on things we have yet to see from Sam that coach has.

Lastly, as I have shouted to the mountain tops for weeks now, we MUST MUST MUST MUST get 2 immediate offensive line starters in the first 3 rounds of the draft. I am 100% convinced that unless Brandon Scherff is there at #10 we will trade down in the first round and pick up a pick or 2. I also think they will trade down a few spots in round 2 and we will end up with a total of 7 or 8 picks.

Patience my Ramily, these things take time. Let it play out. I, for one, am exicted.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commish, I hope too we can come away with 2-3 pretty damn good O-lineman. Long is not taking too kindly to coming back and the Rams will probably facilitate his decision-making by reducing his salary. The man can't stay healthy and he routinely gets beat on the outside. I sure as hell hope we get rid of Wells and Joseph too. Another season watching those two get consistently beat would be like listening to fingernails on a chalk board

Scherff, Collins, Dismukes come to mind as the guys to gobble up. If we trade down and come away with additional draft picks this could be another draft that could put us over the top offensively.

I wouldn't mind seeing Iupati in a Rams uni but I think the Niners are going to re-sign him and Wisnewski is probably going to stay with Oakland especially with all the rumors of Beastmode headed that way.

Stay tuned for sure!!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here Vita. I'd love to see us get two O-lineman in this draft. Young studs. If possible, add a LB, a QB, another CB and maybe a RB. Then I want to see what Cignetti brings to the table.

This ^

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commish, I hope too we can come away with 2-3 pretty damn good O-lineman. Long is not taking too kindly to coming back and the Rams will probably facilitate his decision-making by reducing his salary. The man can't stay healthy and he routinely gets beat on the outside. I sure as hell hope we get rid of Wells and Joseph too. Another season watching those two get consistently beat would be like listening to fingernails on a chalk board

Scherff, Collins, Dismukes come to mind as the guys to gobble up. If we trade down and come away with additional draft picks this could be another draft that could put us over the top offensively.

I wouldn't mind seeing Iupati in a Rams uni but I think the Niners are going to re-sign him and Wisnewski is probably going to stay with Oakland especially with all the rumors of Beastmode headed that way.

Stay tuned for sure!!

I'd even add Grasu to that list if we take a OG or OT in round one and a QB in round two.