• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We are dangerously close to being stuck with Caldwell for a long time

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes and Packers lost today. I just realized now the Lions are actually in first place. This is a sobering thought. If the Lions finish first we could be stuck with him for a couple more years and miss out on Josh McD.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to start a thread last week about this topic. The question would you rather... then ask rather win division and keep the timeout whisperer, or go 7-9 or 8-8 for a start fresh?

As always, not that I even remotely feel they can make a run this year. Still, I just can't hope for losing. Makes for bad juju.

It was only 4 weeks ago I felt we'd see a top ten pick. That Bears game will haunt me all season and prolly all off season. Just like that Bills game did last year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring a late season collapse, he's not going anywhere. Been in every game until the end, except for Green Bay. Stafford having his best year as a pro. They're in 1st place in the division. They're going to beat both the Jags and Vikes at home over the next two weeks. They'd have to really blow it down the stretch for him to get fired at this point.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am figuring a 1st round pick in the early 20's next year...

Caldwell is shit but his coordinators are very good.
Say what you will about Austin but that defense is playing way over it's head with a lot of mediocre players.
Also, the offense is perfect for Stafford.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring a late season collapse, he's not going anywhere. Been in every game until the end, except for Green Bay. Stafford having his best year as a pro. They're in 1st place in the division. They're going to beat both the Jags and Vikes at home over the next two weeks. They'd have to really blow it down the stretch for him to get fired at this point.

Yes but it is football not horseshoes. Coming close gets nothing in football. I think he could get canned for even making the playoffs and losing the first game. I have never wished for a losing season before but this is the one time I might.

Just losing 3 games (to the Giants Packers, and Vikes) would knock us out. Winning those 3 and 1 more could get us a wildcard too along with a 5th win getting the division. Its very fragile.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a fuck about McDaniels?

All you jack holes let him take the blame for drafting Tebow when we had that idiot Xanders working with Mayhew Jr.

Might as well go after Lane Kiffin if McHoody is your guy. The Pats are great because of BB, not his underlings.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he could get canned for even making the playoffs and losing the first game.

No way. BQ himself said this was going to take time. This is not a playoffs or bust year for him. I'd say that Caldwell is doing better than expected at this point. He would have had to go 4-12 or 5-11 to get canned. That boat has sailed.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Runnin' the table. 12-4. Division champs baby.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs. Why not ? The division is terrible and aside from the Cowboys what other team in the NFC is clearly better ? I don't see them winning fewer than 7 which I think is what it would take for him to get canned. They're in 1st place halfway through for God's sake. They're at least as good as anyone in the division. Hth do you root for them to lose at this point ?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a fuck about McDaniels?

All you jack holes let him take the blame for drafting Tebow when we had that idiot Xanders working with Mayhew Jr.

Might as well go after Lane Kiffin if McHoody is your guy. The Pats are great because of BB, not his underlings.

I do. He is ready. Even BB was not good in his first NFL gig. Caldwell is just not very good. Game plans are awful. We could lose to any team in the NFL on any week with this style of play. Stafford can only bail us out so many times.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. He is ready. Even BB was not good in his first NFL gig. Caldwell is just not very good. Game plans are awful. We could lose to any team in the NFL on any week with this style of play. Stafford can only bail us out so many times.
Oh, I loathe Caldwell as our HC.

Just have no interest in Quin trying to make this New England east.

That's worked nowhere.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I loathe Caldwell as our HC.

Just have no interest in Quin trying to make this New England east.

That's worked nowhere.

You have a poor sense of direction.

BQ will most likely do exactly that. His drafting is already reminiscent of that. As far as it not working, no Org in history has really been as good as NE for that long a period of time. I think the philosophy is sound.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a poor sense of direction.

BQ will most likely do exactly that. His drafting is already reminiscent of that. As far as it not working, no Org in history has really been as good as NE for that long a period of time. I think the philosophy is sound.
I'm not expecting the Lions to ever have a run that could be confused with a dynasty.

Poor sense of direction? What's that mean?

Of course you think the philosophy is sound. You're a Pats fan.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not expecting the Lions to ever have a run that could be confused with a dynasty.

Poor sense of direction? What's that mean?

Of course you think the philosophy is sound. You're a Pats fan.

NE east? More like NE midwest.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you have arguably a top 5 QB of all time and the best coach in the last 30 years.

That might have a little something to do with it.

I highly doubt McDaniels and especially Quinn had a whole hell of a lot to do with that.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might take it. Please get a playoff win this season.

Dolphins D is fun to watch.

Suh on pace for 9.5 sacks and 75 tackles.