• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs San Antonio Spurs

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does impress me about the Warriors is that the transition with KD has been FLAWLESS for the most part. I do expect them to win the Finals handedly

I agree with your assessment on KD integrating into the Warriors' system rather easily along with their culture. I think the Warriors win the Finals as well, but I don't think it's going to be easy. I'd have them winning in 6. Two of which will be final minute wins. Just my opinion.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So question...back then did they have the "this Finals doesn't count because so and so was hurt" narrative like they do today? I don't really remember that being a thing in the 90's, or even early 2000's

I was looking at this recently and wondering the same thing. Its actually a really decent analogy.

In 1988, the Lakers and Pistons met for the first time. The Pistons got up 3 - 2 in the series. Then, in Game 6 Isaiah Thomas hurt his ankle. He tried playing through it but was visibly hampered. The Lakers pulled out very close victories in both game 6 and Game 7.

In 1989, they met again. But this time the Lakers were already missing one of their best players (Byron) and then lost Magic in game 1. Pistons swept them.

I'm sure in 1990, everyone was ready for a rematch. Both teams looked destined for the Finals. But the Lakers slipped up, and were stunned by the Suns in the 2nd round. Pistons went on to win the title.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was like 12 dirty dancing was my FAVORITE movie. I watched that movie all summer! LOL
The girl they picked is a good actress.

But, terribly miscast.

th
th

The guy is hooooooooooot.

But, Swayze was iconic.

th

You just don't do that.

....and lol @ Nicole from the pussy cat dolls old ass as Penny.

th

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Warriors were going to lose against the Jazz. George Hill going down means nothing to me.

Kawhi going down however was a significant difference. I think the Dubs would've went 6.

It's impressive that the Dubs haven't had a let down game given that they're doing what they're supposed to be doing. But it's not impressive in the grand scheme of things in terms of the injuries that other teams have had - more specifically the Spurs who were really the only team that could contend out West.

Losing your starting PG when your backup is Shelvin Mack means a lot lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing your starting PG when your backup is Shelvin Mack means a lot lol

Shelvin Mack wasn't bad. Hell, one of the games he played in I believe he was their leading scorer sans Heyward. Just saying, Hill played in 2 games and the Jazz never really had a chance with him. That's why I never considered his injury that significant.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shelvin Mack wasn't bad. Hell, one of the games he played in I believe he was their leading scorer sans Heyward. Just saying, Hill played in 2 games and the Jazz never really had a chance with him. That's why I never considered his injury that significant.

He actually only played in game 1. Losing the guy who was your 2nd leading scorer in the regular season and playoffs means a lot.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually only played in game 1. Losing the guy who was your 2nd leading scorer in the regular season and playoffs means a lot.

I just don't think the Jazz were going to win a game, even with him healthy or not. Fully aware that your 2nd leading scorer out doesn't help your cause. But when the talent disparity between both teams is so significant, players like George Hill being out doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things. It's really just a "what if" scenario that can't be proven.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think the Jazz were going to win a game, even with him healthy or not. Fully aware that your 2nd leading scorer out doesn't help your cause. But when the talent disparity between both teams is so significant, players like George Hill being out doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things. It's really just a "what if" scenario that can't be proven.

I mean that's fine if you thought they would sweep with or without Hill I just think Utah was a good enough team if healthy to take one in Utah.

Not sure if you remember G3 of that series but they forced the Warriors to play their style of basketball. Held them to 102. I think they win that game if Hill is there. Believe it was a 2 point game entering the 4th. The Warriors played terrible in that game. The only players who showed that game was KD, Green, and Iggy. Splash bros played like shit

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your assessment on KD integrating into the Warriors' system rather easily along with their culture. I think the Warriors win the Finals as well, but I don't think it's going to be easy. I'd have them winning in 6. Two of which will be final minute wins. Just my opinion.
Oh, I'll certainly agree that it won't be 4 blowout games...but I got it going 5. I think it's gonna be one of those situations like Spurs/Heat 2, where everybody kept saying "ok the Heat will win this one", and then the series seemingly just ended in 5 out of nowhere

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at this recently and wondering the same thing. Its actually a really decent analogy.

In 1988, the Lakers and Pistons met for the first time. The Pistons got up 3 - 2 in the series. Then, in Game 6 Isaiah Thomas hurt his ankle. He tried playing through it but was visibly hampered. The Lakers pulled out very close victories in both game 6 and Game 7.

In 1989, they met again. But this time the Lakers were already missing one of their best players (Byron) and then lost Magic in game 1. Pistons swept them.

I'm sure in 1990, everyone was ready for a rematch. Both teams looked destined for the Finals. But the Lakers slipped up, and were stunned by the Suns in the 2nd round. Pistons went on to win the title.
It's interesting, because we always tend to put a tad of an asterisk on titles these days for that, but you could probably find a ton of Finals where we could say well if this didn't happen, so and so probably would of won

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that.

I love that kid.

But, no!!!!!

They remade Dirty Dancing and it comes out this week.

I want to fucking riot.

From this...

th

To this...

th

Fuck you, ABC.

lol yeah Michael B. is a busy cat these days. hell, he's even the PG in the story mode of NBA 2K17...:lol:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, earlier playoff rounds used to be shorter. So, while they are the first to go 12-0. The 1998-89 and 2000-01 Lakers each went 11-0 when the first round was only 5 games.
I think the rounds being longer only makes it more impressive. Because now they have to win 4 instead of 3 to get the sweep.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was kind of obvious, at least twice last night Pop left the bench to tweet nasty things about Trump, during the GAME. Check the Twitter timeline.
That cannot be true, can it?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave you another rainbow to make you feel better.
I know you meant this as a dig but it's interesting that you seem to like giving them more than people like receiving them...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'll certainly agree that it won't be 4 blowout games...but I got it going 5. I think it's gonna be one of those situations like Spurs/Heat 2, where everybody kept saying "ok the Heat will win this one", and then the series seemingly just ended in 5 out of nowhere

I could see that happening. Cleveland's just playing good ball lately, sans game 3. Hence why I have some mild concerns about them in terms of from the Dubs' side.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean that's fine if you thought they would sweep with or without Hill I just think Utah was a good enough team if healthy to take one in Utah.

Not sure if you remember G3 of that series but they forced the Warriors to play their style of basketball. Held them to 102. I think they win that game if Hill is there. Believe it was a 2 point game entering the 4th. The Warriors played terrible in that game. The only players who showed that game was KD, Green, and Iggy. Splash bros played like shit

That's fair.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol yeah Michael B. is a busy cat these days. hell, he's even the PG in the story mode of NBA 2K17...:lol:
I cannot wait to see him as Erik Killmonger in Black Pantner.

I hope hes still hitting the weight pile like he did in Creed.

th
michael-b-jordan-creed-trailer-social.jpg

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see that happening. Cleveland's just playing good ball lately, sans game 3. Hence why I have some mild concerns about them in terms of from the Dubs' side.
Dubs in 5....lol

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the league/Fans don't remember the gazillion flops Ginobli did throughout his career. Great career, but its hard to 100 percent respect a career pussy flopper Hes was kind of a dirty player.

Ginobili is the most polarizing flopper in league history. I don't think anyone won't forget that aspect about his game.

But I will always love him for his houdini passing skills.