• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WCF: Golden State Warriors vs Houston Rockets

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you mean how many more times Curry can break Paul's ankles in one series??? That last game at the end of the reg season was ridiculous. He broke that fool's akles twice on one play! :pound:
:nod: :crutch:

That's why he needed revenge!

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they close it out tonight. Im ready for GS vs Cavs.
-how will Cavs stop the GS offense? Who will guard Curry and Thompson?
-How will GS stop LBJ? who will guard him?
-Will the team that shoots the best from 3 win?
-How will GS contain Thompson from offensive rebounding
-Can Cavs keep up with GS? LBJ gets gassed when playing fast
-Will Kerr become the next good to great coach?
- Will Cavs role Players stay hot?
-Will the real Irving show up?
-Will LBJ jump shot ever show up
-Can Klay get on fire?
-Whos Role Players will play better; Cavs; Iman, JR, Della, Thompson, Jones, Moz or GS; Barnes, Barbosa ,Bogut, Green, Iggy,Livingston.) GS is deeper but Iman and JR are more talented then GS top 2 role players.

Both teams have 2 pure scorers(LBJ and irving) and (Curry and Thompson).

So many story lines. Cant wait.

Im going with my boy Steve Kerr and GS in 6.

I'm pretty sure when they do play it won't end well for the Cavs. Playing the Hawks I think gave their fans a false sense of how critical their team really is after being deminished to the BIG 1 1/2(the half is cause on certain nights he does get a lil bit of help from his bench). They're gonna need their main guys to beat the Dubs 4 out of 7 games. I'm betting Thompson will be lite work for Green after playing and beating Zbo & Gasol last series and now Howard in this one. And is it even fair to compare the bench production??? The Warriors bench has been nothing short of AWESOME this entire playoffs.

I've been waiting, and do agree about Klay being due for a great shooting night. And finally, I don't think they need to concentrate on 'stopping' LBJ. I think they worry about shutting down the passing lanes and making his 'help' win the game. Even then, LBJ can win a game or two with them on his back but will eventually succumb to the defensive onslaught. Patience is the key for GS.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure when they do play it won't end well for the Cavs. Playing the Hawks I think gave their fans a false sense of how critical their team really is after being deminished to the BIG 1 1/2(the half is cause on certain nights he does get a lil bit of help from his bench). They're gonna need their main guys to beat the Dubs 4 out of 7 games. I'm betting Thompson will be lite work for Green after playing and beating Zbo & Gasol last series and now Howard in this one. And is it even fair to compare the bench production??? The Warriors bench has been nothing short of AWESOME this entire playoffs.

I've been waiting, and do agree about Klay being due for a great shooting night. And finally, I don't think they need to concentrate on 'stopping' LBJ. I think they worry about shutting down the passing lanes and making his 'help' win the game. Even then, LBJ can win a game or two with them on his back but will eventually succumb to the defensive onslaught. Patience is the key for GS.

The thing is Mozgov and TT are different kind of players then Marc and Randolph, they dont look for scoring. They play good defense and rebound the ball well, they also score inside. Mozgov does have a jumper though.
Green mainly guarded Randolph who shot 50%, now he is guarding Josh Smith I believe, some Howard.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is Mozgov and TT are different kind of players then Marc and Randolph, they dont look for scoring. They play good defense and rebound the ball well, they also score inside. Mozgov does have a jumper though.
Green mainly guarded Randolph who shot 50%, now he is guarding Josh Smith I believe, some Howard.

:L Gasol and Z-Bo play both ends of the floor. Gasol and Z-Bo both play good defense, rebound AND score.

Basically you're saying that Mozgov and TT are 2/3 the players that Gasol and Z-Bo are and trying to make it sound like they are somehow better.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green is their defensive anchor so undoubtly will be guarding the Cavs' bigs. Kerr is exellent at recognizing when adjustments are needed and very capable of making in-game adjustments so I'm not worried at all. The fact that Mozgov & TT won't be looking to score much will play right into Green's hands and allow him to help defend when necessary (shutting down those passing lanes as I mentioned earlier). Most thought a team with bigs was the way to beat the Warriors but clearly that Memphis series has changed minds. In fact, it's great when they can get the switch with a slow big to try and guard Curry on the perimeter. That usually ends with a foul on the defense and/or points for GS. Who will LBJ be guarding?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Gasol and Z-Bo play both ends of the floor. Gasol and Z-Bo both play good defense, rebound AND score.

Basically you're saying that Mozgov and TT are 2/3 the players that Gasol and Z-Bo are and trying to make it sound like they are somehow better.

They score off-the-ball if that makes sense, Gasol and Z-Bo look for offense. They have set plays for them you rarely see the Cavs have that for these two guys.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green is their defensive anchor so undoubtly will be guarding the Cavs' bigs. Kerr is exellent at recognizing when adjustments are needed and very capable of making in-game adjustments so I'm not worried at all. The fact that Mozgov & TT won't be looking to score much will play right into Green's hands and allow him to help defend when necessary (shutting down those passing lanes as I mentioned earlier). Most thought a team with bigs was the way to beat the Warriors but clearly that Memphis series has changed minds. In fact, it's great when they can get the switch with a slow big to try and guard Curry on the perimeter. That usually ends with a foul on the defense and/or points for GS. Who will LBJ be guarding?

You cant help. These guys are very good off-the-ball scorers, alley-ops, tip-ins, offensive rebounders. That's what James wants, for them to help so he can kick it out or dish it to the big guys inside. Let Draymond help.

Memphis didnt have Conley, their main scorer and their main defensive anchor for some of the series. Plus Memphis has a mediocre offense and no superstar who can drive the paint. That is a totally different team than Cleveland, they are much more balanced.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Barnes starts off on Lebron. Klay a little bit, but not much and a little of Draymond. If the second unit is in Iggy probably will.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant help. These guys are very good off-the-ball scorers, alley-ops, tip-ins, offensive rebounders. That's what James wants, for them to help so he can kick it out or dish it to the big guys inside. Let Draymond help.

Memphis didnt have Conley, their main scorer and their main defensive anchor for some of the series. Plus Memphis has a mediocre offense and no superstar who can drive the paint. That is a totally different team than Cleveland, they are much more balanced.

Of course he can help. Now, if you were talking about GS I would agree that the defense can't afford to 'help' in most cases. But, that's because their starting 5 can score and are not limited to playing at the rim or in the paint. I think you're trying to say the Cavs bigs move well without the ball, right? And that probably is the case, however, we'll see how well they'll be moving on offense when they use a lot of their energy chasing GS's shooters on defense. GS was in the top 3 on defense so it will be interesting to see who wins the boards.

Agree, Memphis lost their main scorer in Conley & Cleveland has lost Kyrie who, correct me if I'm wrong, pretty much does the same thing for the Cavs. But, Memphis still had their inside-out game that they tried to use to wear down GS, much of what you've described in Mozgov & TT. I think they WERE a balanced team when LBJ had a healthy Kyrie and Love helping on a regular basis. It was just unfortunate for the Hawks they weren't able to expose those holes in their game and turn them into wins.

I think the Cavs will see just how much better GS is than the Hawks in reference to them both being young teams. GS closes out games very well & the best part - when they get ahead usually they don't get relaxed and stop playing letting the other team back in. Bron Bron betta eat his wheaties before EVERY game in that series!

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Barnes starts off on Lebron. Klay a little bit, but not much and a little of Draymond. If the second unit is in Iggy probably will.
Makes sense. I think we'll see a Bogut/Mozgov & Green/Thompson match up. If Kyrie plays I think Kerr will put Klay on him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he can help. Now, if you were talking about GS I would agree that the defense can't afford to 'help' in most cases. But, that's because their starting 5 can score and are not limited to playing at the rim or in the paint. I think you're trying to say the Cavs bigs move well without the ball, right? And that probably is the case, however, we'll see how well they'll be moving on offense when they use a lot of their energy chasing GS's shooters on defense. GS was in the top 3 on defense so it will be interesting to see who wins the boards.

Agree, Memphis lost their main scorer in Conley & Cleveland has lost Kyrie who, correct me if I'm wrong, pretty much does the same thing for the Cavs. But, Memphis still had their inside-out game that they tried to use to wear down GS, much of what you've described in Mozgov & TT. I think they WERE a balanced team when LBJ had a healthy Kyrie and Love helping on a regular basis. It was just unfortunate for the Hawks they weren't able to expose those holes in their game and turn them into wins.

I think the Cavs will see just how much better GS is than the Hawks in reference to them both being young teams. GS closes out games very well & the best part - when they get ahead usually they don't get relaxed and stop playing letting the other team back in. Bron Bron betta eat his wheaties before EVERY game in that series!

Well some things we did see but not a lot of in the ATL series is Shumpert running around to cover Korver and he did a pretty good job and TT mainly out on the perimeter to cover Millsap (not sure if he is a better or worse shooter than Draymond).
Those two can be kinda comparable to the Curry and Draymond matchups.

The main thing is how Cleveland stops the high pick and roll, Steph is gonna have his way if they cant figure something out. He is too good of a shooter and we cant let him go off like Teague.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense. I think we'll see a Bogut/Mozgov & Green/Thompson match up. If Kyrie plays I think Kerr will put Klay on him.

I think Curry stays on Kyrie. He cant guard Shumpert and definitely not JR. Klay on Shump then.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping Houston wins, just for the simple fact so we can see more basketball. That is a long layoff, till June 4th. I hope this goes 7, probably wont happen though.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

U might be right about the false sense. I knew it was going to be easy. I said 4-1 and I even said from the start Irving shouldn't play and they would still win 4-1. Playing GS is a different animal. The only negative about GS is they never been here before. I think some crazy stat no team has ever won on their 1st try in this era. Also GS has played Harden and they haven not done a good job against him and LBJ is close to harden. Both play a different game. Harden is a better scorer and can shoot better but LBJ is Faster and Stronger. Both can drive to the basket. GS will need to defend LBJ and try and keep Offensive rebounding close.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well some things we did see but not a lot of in the ATL series is Shumpert running around to cover Korver and he did a pretty good job and TT mainly out on the perimeter to cover Millsap (not sure if he is a better or worse shooter than Draymond).
Those two can be kinda comparable to the Curry and Draymond matchups.

The main thing is how Cleveland stops the high pick and roll, Steph is gonna have his way if they cant figure something out. He is too good of a shooter and we cant let him go off like Teague.
Well guarding Korver isn't gonna be anything like guarding Curry. Curry's quick release makes all the difference & is the reason most bigs can't defend against his shot.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Curry stays on Kyrie. He cant guard Shumpert and definitely not JR. Klay on Shump then.
Well if you're GS you definitely don't want Curry on Kyrie, whether he can or can't guard Shump. Of the two, Klay is the better defender & why imo Kerr puts him on Kyrie.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember the last time they played though. Draymond was on Lebron, and Bron had 42. Cavs won.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U might be right about the false sense. I knew it was going to be easy. I said 4-1 and I even said from the start Irving shouldn't play and they would still win 4-1. Playing GS is a different animal. The only negative about GS is they never been here before. I think some crazy stat no team has ever won on their 1st try in this era. Also GS has played Harden and they haven not done a good job against him and LBJ is close to harden. Both play a different game. Harden is a better scorer and can shoot better but LBJ is Faster and Stronger. Both can drive to the basket. GS will need to defend LBJ and try and keep Offensive rebounding close.

Honestly, Kerr has this team thinking they can win it all so this being their first Finals won't play a part in the outcome, imo. I disagree about how they've played Harden. It's hard to say they haven't done a good job on him when he shot only 18% in game three after shooting nearly 70% in game two. And, both games were still a win for them.

If anything, i think this series is a true story of what happens when a superstar gets minimal help from his team. No matter how hard that player tries it usually ends as a loss overall (in regards to the series). I don't know if Harden can play any better than he did in game 2 which GS can look at as the glass half full rather than half empty. Even still, the Rockets are on the ropes and on the brink of elimination. This is a prime example of what I mean when I say LBJ can win one or two but not the series by himself because GS is just too good. They would have to literally lose a couple of critical players and/or make a lot of mental mistakes. And add in the fact that LBJ is already limping around. GS needs to just play at their tempo and not let these guys rest.