• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: WC semifinals: #6 Golden State Warriors vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a pretty major leap.

No, I don’t think that.
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want a good game and no blowout either way.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst case scenario and they lose, they're exactly where they should be and GS takes HC advantage back.

Before the series started I would have happily taken 2-2 after four games.

Now I'm just greedy and want the 3-1
You play to win the game

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You play to win the game

Absolutely.

Skip Bayless referred to AD as Dr Jekyll and My Hyde, which I think is the perfect analogy for him. But the same can be said for the entire Lakers team.

One day the Lakers seem to be the best in the league. They're hitting all their shots and playing excellent D without a single turnover.

Then the next game, they can't hit a shot if their life defended on it and I can't believe they actually made the playoffs.

They're a lot more fun since the trade deadline, but a lot more frustrating knowing what they CAN be but sometimes aren't.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much would you like to bet? And your definition of a blowout......10 points or more?
A bet we can just receive praise

15+

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely.

Skip Bayless referred to AD as Dr Jekyll and My Hyde, which I think is the perfect analogy for him. But the same can be said for the entire Lakers team.

One day the Lakers seem to be the best in the league. They're hitting all their shots and playing excellent D without a single turnover.

Then the next game, they can't hit a shot if their life defended on it and I can't believe they actually made the playoffs.

They're a lot more fun since the trade deadline, but a lot more frustrating knowing what they CAN be but sometimes aren't.
If he is consistent LA can win it all bc his ceiling is a top 5 player

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bets are in

Lakers I put 500 on the money line

Curry/Thompson make 4 3 pointers each 200…Odds were +130…Seems like 4 each is pretty doable win or lose imo

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He holds up pretty well defensively either way, but it goes unnoticed due to the lack of numbers offensively IMO. He had 7 rebounds and 3 blocks in game 2 despite sitting the 4th with the game out of hand. He missed at least 3-4 makeable shots (similar to shots he made in games 1 and 3). If those go down, perhaps the game is tight enough for him to play extensively in the fourth and suddenly those overall numbers don't like quite so unusual. Not dominant AD, but season average AD.

In general though, your statement holds true for any NBA defender that is also a scorer. If they're not involved on offense, the overall effort wanes. Or worse, if they're battling offensively and not getting shots to fall, that extra spent energy leaves less for the other end.

AD is often the target, and sometimes that's deserved, but the Lakers need to make shots and get to the line to keep the Warriors from feasting in transition regardless of who's taking the shots. Even when the Lakers get their guards back defensively for transition, they just aren't that great defensively to begin with.
AD is averaging 18 rebounds a game in the wins and 7 in the loss. Rebounds are effort in my opinion. If he got 18 tonight and 5 blocks I could live with 18 points from him.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely.

AD
Alternate Days