• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way to go Malcolm Smith!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget Megatron, Jimmy Graham and even the great Tony Gonzalez. Malcolm Smith now owns the dunk.

Congratulations to Malcom Smith who now will hold the distinction of being the last player in the NFL to legally dunk on a goal post. Smith dunked the ball over the goal post in the Superbowl following his pick six. Now that the league has made the dunk verboden he'll go down as the last dunker in NFL history, unless they undo the rule later I guess.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ridiculous… Why is the NFL so hell bent on making rules where rules are not needed.. Who cares if someone dunks the dam ball over the goal post…. Are they gonna eliminate the Lambeau leap also ? NO spikes in the end zone… How about NO CELEBRATING what so-ever… Score and shake the opponents hand… WTF NFL… stop it!!! This is about the fans after all.. OR at least it's suppose to be…. NFL needs a democracy not this dictatorship who keeps changing the game… Let the players vote for rule changes … Hell let the fans vote as well…

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the practical reason for banning it... dunks can result in unbalanced goal posts if the dunker hangs on to the post long enough. Re-balancing the posts delays the action unnecessarily. I wish they weren't emphasizing the "no props" reason because that just makes it look like another "No Fun League" rule, but there's a good, practical reason for making goal post dunking a penalty.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the practical reason for banning it... dunks can result in unbalanced goal posts if the dunker hangs on to the post long enough. Re-balancing the posts delays the action unnecessarily. I wish they weren't emphasizing the "no props" reason because that just makes it look like another "No Fun League" rule, but there's a good, practical reason for making goal post dunking a penalty.

They should have just changed the rule to say if you hang on the goal post or if the goal post needs re-adjustment it would be called a penalty.