• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Watson officially requests a trade

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Jets D is not bad. The offense has no playmaker tho

If they don’t draft one, I have to think a WR is gonna be a priority with their cap space

a few interesting names out there this offseason

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that the Jets still need to rebuild, too.

If you remove Watson from the equation, the three rosters with the most issues right now are the Lions, Jets, and Texans. Yeah, the Texans had the 30th ranked defense in yards per play last year but the Jets were 21st and the Jets basically have nothing at WR. This isn't Brady going to the Bucs or Rivers going to the Colts. Those teams were built. Jets still need a lot of work and if they give up the king's ransom then they really aren't that far ahead of the Texans.

Watson should really want to go to Miami instead imo.
Probably right. With their draft position they can easily come away with a top QB prospect & use the rest of their draft capital to build around him.

Was just thinking the Jets have to be pretty sour after they threw a lot of money around in FA over the past few years and it just hasn’t worked out. They started trading away players mid season this year. Making a splash like this would make sense.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well a couple of things

apparently loves the hiring of Saleh. The new Jets GM seems to have a good reputation as a guy that really knows what he’s doing. Insane amount of draft capital and the 2nd most cap space in the league

it’s the Jets, it could go wrong, you ain’t wrong about that, but a quick rebuild is real possible

Yep. I am not convinced he is going to the Jets and the Jets will immediately be quality! Plus they will still have a bunch of draft picks. Jets will become scary good

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that the Jets still need to rebuild, too.

If you remove Watson from the equation, the three rosters with the most issues right now are the Lions, Jets, and Texans. Yeah, the Texans had the 30th ranked defense in yards per play last year but the Jets were 21st and the Jets basically have nothing at WR. This isn't Brady going to the Bucs or Rivers going to the Colts. Those teams were built. Jets still need a lot of work and if they give up the king's ransom then they really aren't that far ahead of the Texans.

Watson should really want to go to Miami instead imo.
I think Watson is actually ok with that if the culture/management is to his liking. Joe Douglas and Saleh apparently inspire confidence for Watson longterm.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I made this case when it first came out. If the Jets have to surrender all of their draft capital, what’s the difference between the Jets and Houston?

I guess at the end of the day, it will come down to how much the Jets really do have to surrender. If it’s just their 2 first rounders, and some future comp., with their cap space, they could prob still start building something. They may be able to recoup a 2nd or 3rd for Darnald.

but I’m not a fan of “whatever it takes” which is the prevailing opinion here in NY
If its just 2 firsts, this might be a win/win situation or something the Jets win. Any more than that and I think we're dipping into the Jets losing or more likely lose/lose.

I'm higher on Watson than you are, though. I do think his talent is top tier but wanting out of a franchise this early is still a red flag and even if he is a top 5 talent I wouldn't rate him as such if I was a GM.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he also wave his NTC in order to help facilitate a trade?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I am not convinced he is going to the Jets and the Jets will immediately be quality! Plus they will still have a bunch of draft picks. Jets will become scary good
I am not even sure Watson believes that. It's the culture/management that is at issue more than anything with Houston. I don't think he minds if the Jets suck for a year or two as the team builds up.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its just 2 firsts, this might be a win/win situation or something the Jets win. Any more than that and I think we're dipping into the Jets losing or more likely lose/lose.

I'm higher on Watson than you are, though. I do think his talent is top tier but wanting out of a franchise this early is still a red flag and even if he is a top 5 talent I wouldn't rate him as such if I was a GM.

Yeah I’m a fence sitter with Watson, but I won’t deny adding him to a solid roster like Miami, makes them an instant serious contender. I am just not yet convinced he elevates a so-so roster like the very very best QBs do IMO

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not even sure Watson believes that. It's the culture/management that is at issue more than anything with Houston. I don't think he minds if the Jets suck for a year or two as the team builds up.

Even if he doesn't believe the Jets will be better with him behind center they still will be. Though as you mentioned he just wants out of Houston due to them being idiots and he realizes the Jets have a ton of cash so he's thinking

jerry maguire GIF by Jerology

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I’m not a fan of “whatever it takes” which is the prevailing opinion here in NY
I'm with ya.

Yeah, he's better than Darnold, but the team still has some other holes that can't be filled if you completely mortgage the future.

This would be the Jettest of Jets moves though

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,531.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston traded Hop and now Watson.....now hire a youngster as GM and an old man as HC.

They don't know WTF they are doing IMO.....something is seriously wrong there.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,531.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence is a Luck-Elway level prospect and all he costs is a draft pick in a period with a depressed cap and a terrible roster. Watson also has a no-trade clause, he'd have to want to play for the Jags.

The only teams we have heard Watson want to play for is the Jets and Dolphins.
This AM, Schefter has said the list is longer than that.

He just wants out now.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya.

Yeah, he's better than Darnold, but the team still has some other holes that can't be filled if you completely mortgage the future.

This would be the Jettest of Jets moves though

Mike Tannenbaum said he would give up everything, including Quentin Williams

which is just crazy to me, at what point is a QB and nothing else worth it

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after all of this ...It's likely Watson will be playing for Trumps Ambassador to the United Kingdom?

I guess that makes as much sense as wanting out of a contract that you signed 100 days ago.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This AM, Schefter has said the list is longer than that.

He just wants out now.

sure I could imagine he would love to go to SF or the Rams, they would be amazing with him

but it’s gonna come down to who has the pieces to pull it off, and there just aren’t many teams

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,531.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading D Hop was the beginning of the end. You don't trade an elite guy like that when you have a qb like Watson.
Told that to the fiancee when she was leaving for work.....

Fucking Bill O'Brien took out the whole franchise....