• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Watch out Warriors fans

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A group in which I'm starting to see myself....

The pundits are starting to anoint the Ws. Might be a good thing, might be a jinx..

Why Not the Warriors? «

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A group in which I'm starting to see myself....

The pundits are starting to anoint the Ws. Might be a good thing, might be a jinx..

Why Not the Warriors? «

Grantland has been on the Warriors' balls since Game 3 of the Denver series. This does nothing but sell more jerseys outside the Bay Area. I appreciate the sentiment, but to think these types of articles have any effect on the on-court product is silly. If anything, it's just one more thing for long-suffering fans to point to when/if play drops off. Only injuries can slow them down, and that has been the case all year.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grantland has been on the Warriors' balls since Game 3 of the Denver series. This does nothing but sell more jerseys outside the Bay Area. I appreciate the sentiment, but to think these types of articles have any effect on the on-court product is silly. If anything, it's just one more thing for long-suffering fans to point to when/if play drops off. Only injuries can slow them down, and that has been the case all year.

Well, I don't really believe in jinxes, just thought I'd post this because it's a typically well-done and detailed breakdown of the team, what makes them tick, some good quotes, etc.

It's for Ws fans, who correctly are shy about truly believing in the team because of their history, to realize that they are maybe right there in the mix now.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't really believe in jinxes, just thought I'd post this because it's a typically well-done and detailed breakdown of the team, what makes them tick, some good quotes, etc.

It's for Ws fans, who correctly are shy about truly believing in the team because of their history, to realize that they are maybe right there in the mix now.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that you were putting too much stock in a possible jinx. I just meant that for anyone that has been following this team at all this season (or for decades like most of us), this is old news. I laugh at my Lakers' fan friends that are suddenly noticing other teams exist. I'd be the first to recognize a Warriors' squad that has no shot at the playoffs (seen lots), but it would be ridiculous to succumb to Cub-fan syndrome with this roster. I appreciate you posting the article, and they certainly do good work on that site (this piece included). I was merely pointing out the DUH-factor and frustration that it may still be taking the rest of the country this long to praise a good squad (turnovers and occasional defensive lapses aside).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I didn't mean to imply that you were putting too much stock in a possible jinx. I just meant that for anyone that has been following this team at all this season (or for decades like most of us), this is old news. I laugh at my Lakers' fan friends that are suddenly noticing other teams exist. I'd be the first to recognize a Warriors' squad that has no shot at the playoffs (seen lots), but it would be ridiculous to succumb to Cub-fan syndrome with this roster. I appreciate you posting the article, and they certainly do good work on that site (this piece included). I was merely pointing out the DUH-factor and frustration that it may still be taking the rest of the country this long to praise a good squad (turnovers and occasional defensive lapses aside).

Got it. :suds:

I was shocked to see just how much the offense goes to hell when Curry is on the bench, like from among the best in the league to worse than Milwaukee. I knew there was a drop off but dayum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it. :suds:

I was shocked to see just how much the offense goes to hell when Curry is on the bench, like from among the best in the league to worse than Milwaukee. I knew there was a drop off but dayum.

Yeah. If they can't find a way to win while playing Curry a little less, those injury fears may become a reality. Luckily, I have far more faith in this front office and coaching staff than past administrations.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. If they can't find a way to win while playing Curry a little less, those injury fears may become a reality. Luckily, I have far more faith in this front office and coaching staff than past administrations.

I do as well.

BTW: what do you think has happened with Toney Douglas? Was there never a chance in hell that he could be relied on as the backup point to Curry? Is it the injuries he's suffered that can be blamed? Was the front office delusional in thinking he'd be more productive?

I imagine it's a combination of many things, include Iguadola injury (limiting his minutes as the point forward when Curry sits).

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do as well.

BTW: what do you think has happened with Toney Douglas? Was there never a chance in hell that he could be relied on as the backup point to Curry? Is it the injuries he's suffered that can be blamed? Was the front office delusional in thinking he'd be more productive?

I imagine it's a combination of many things, include Iguadola injury (limiting his minutes as the point forward when Curry sits).

I think it's a combination of a few things (as per usual). I was with the front office in assuming TD would be more productive, but I probably should've realized that the second unit would need a distributor more than an average outside shooter. We knew he wouldn't be breaking down defenses, like Jarrett Jack, but I had hoped he would be as good from 3 and better on D. I think Barnes' early injury has hurt the second unit more than anything.

For Iggy to get enough rest, the Warriors' need HB to take it to the rack while Douglas plays off the ball. Most of us thought Barnes having to be the man for the second team would accelerate his development, but the new role and injury have stifled him a bit.

That doesn't really make up for expecting TD to be something that he isn't, but it does explain a lot of the second unit's offensive woes. When you mix in Speights' inability to develop a single back-to-the-basket move (expected, but very frustrating when that 15-footer is off), we end up with our current situation of pining for the likes of Kirk Hinrich and the return of Festus Ezeli (admittedly, no help on O, but at least protects the rim) and JO. Plus, Draymond being a little banged up doesn't help. Either way, it looks like Toney Douglas is a 3rd PG on a West 4-seed, or better, this year.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can get a solid back up point guard they could do some damage in the playoffs. I think the reason you see Barnes play so poorly with the second unit is that there is no one running the show for that group.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy cow! Less than one assist per game for a point guard? Good lord!

"After he had his breakout game in San Antonio, Douglas had to sit out for a month with a stress reaction in his leg. Since coming back, his playing time has fluctuated, and his numbers have dipped to career lows. He's averaging 3.7 points and 0.8 assists to 0.7 turnovers in 11 minutes per game."

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I hope not. I don't think he's any good and I'd prefer a veteran with some experience and credibility with the younger players.

I know he's been struggling lately but he's had a good year overall

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's been struggling lately but he's had a good year overall

I'll have to take your word for it because I don't know very much about him other than what I read about his recent struggles and how he might drop all the way down to third string upon the return of Rondo.