• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wassup NBA hooplans, some random thoughts

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thoughts heading into the season... gotta do some catching up since I haven't been around in a while.

- East may be more balanced from top to bottom than the West after looking at how some of the teams are shaping up. West is top heavy with some very good teams (GSW, SAN, LAC, POR, & even a healthy Memphis) but outside of that there are a lot of beatable teams.
East has more depth and I think getting one of those 6-8 spots in that conference is going to be a bloodbath, lots of playoff contenders imo.

Surprise teams: I have the Wolves making the playoffs in the West, think Thibs is going to get that team to take the next step. I also think the Suns will surprise some people if they stay healthy, maybe not the playoffs but they're projected to win 26 games... Another surprise team I have is the Orlando Magic, I picked them last year too, but they seemed to be another year away. Adding Ibaka will help a lot and I think Hezonja will get to do more along with Fournier now with Dipo gone.

Worst teams: Nets. Brooklyn. Brooklyn Nets. Possibly worse than last year's Sixers? Lakers will be bad too.

Breakout players: Devin Booker, yall gone learn today. Future super star. Dennis Schroeder, taking the PG reigns in ATL tons of talent. DeAngelo Russell, think he plays much better w/out Kobe in that offense. CJ McCollum, yes he broke out last year... but think he only takes it up a notch this year. Deadly scorer. Melo, weird to say a vet will breakout but with more weapons around him and a fast paced offense Hornacek will run I think we see him have one of the best year's of his career.

I'm baaaaack

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does a great job......just so stoked I've already won twice this season.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On topic.....the Lakers aren't going to suck either. We're loaded with young talent and are going to surprise a lot of folks.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On topic.....the Lakers aren't going to suck either. We're loaded with young talent and are going to surprise a lot of folks.

I don't think Ingram is ready yet. He will contribute no doubt but not in the way some people are thinking he will right away. Russell should have a big year, but I still think you're short on bigs and depth.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thoughts heading into the season... gotta do some catching up since I haven't been around in a while.

- East may be more balanced from top to bottom than the West after looking at how some of the teams are shaping up. West is top heavy with some very good teams (GSW, SAN, LAC, POR, & even a healthy Memphis) but outside of that there are a lot of beatable teams.
East has more depth and I think getting one of those 6-8 spots in that conference is going to be a bloodbath, lots of playoff contenders imo.

Surprise teams: I have the Wolves making the playoffs in the West, think Thibs is going to get that team to take the next step. I also think the Suns will surprise some people if they stay healthy, maybe not the playoffs but they're projected to win 26 games... Another surprise team I have is the Orlando Magic, I picked them last year too, but they seemed to be another year away. Adding Ibaka will help a lot and I think Hezonja will get to do more along with Fournier now with Dipo gone.

Worst teams: Nets. Brooklyn. Brooklyn Nets. Possibly worse than last year's Sixers? Lakers will be bad too.

Breakout players: Devin Booker, yall gone learn today. Future super star. Dennis Schroeder, taking the PG reigns in ATL tons of talent. DeAngelo Russell, think he plays much better w/out Kobe in that offense. CJ McCollum, yes he broke out last year... but think he only takes it up a notch this year. Deadly scorer. Melo, weird to say a vet will breakout but with more weapons around him and a fast paced offense Hornacek will run I think we see him have one of the best year's of his career.

I'm baaaaack

Ego.

C'mon man it's all about Solomon Hill this year and you damn well know it.:doh:
My picks, though already outdated:gaah:: HurricaneDij's 2016-17 NBA Outlook (September 2016)

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Clarkson will break out if he improves his defense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. All he can do is score.

According to him, Luke has him working on defense. He already has him breaking down tape of mistakes he's made on defense (incorrect angles, not being there on tags or late closeouts, etc.). Apparently, during the first 2 days of practice, they haven't even really done much on offense, it's been all about defense.

If the Lakers stay the same on offense (which wasn't great) but improve on defense (they were 26th last year), they should win more games. How many will be decided by how much they can improve on that #26 ranking.

From the sound of it, Byron talked about defense, but that was it...he just talked about it and expected them to improve. Luke has them breaking down tape and actually working on defensive fundamentals.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Ingram is ready yet. He will contribute no doubt but not in the way some people are thinking he will right away. Russell should have a big year, but I still think you're short on bigs and depth.

eh, i don't think we're TOO bad on bigs. agree on depth, though...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'Angelo is going to go off on one. I see him getting 22-25ppg. As for the Lakers, I'd be happy if they break the 30 win barrier even though that could be tough.

As much as I dislike the Suns, I see Booker being amazing this year and that should drastically improve the team too.

I also see Simmons struggling a bit.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'Angelo is going to go off on one. I see him getting 22-25ppg. As for the Lakers, I'd be happy if they break the 30 win barrier even though that could be tough.

As much as I dislike the Suns, I see Booker being amazing this year and that should drastically improve the team too.

I also see Simmons struggling a bit.

'til Simmons develops a reliable shot i agree...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly right. Both Simmons and Ingram will be the better players of this draft, but for the first few months I think Buddy and Dunn are going to be front runners for ROY

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Simmons will win ROY based on opportunities alone.

I honestly don't think anyone else picked in the top 20 will start on opening day.

He should put up fewer pts than Wiggins did rookie year.

But, his assists should be decent.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't checked. May have to ask @Vitamike

He does a great job......just so stoked I've already won twice this season.
Thanks guys,

I email shaggy shortly after the NFL Monday night winner is announced each week for all three pools.

Shaggy gets to it but he has been known to take most of the week and he has always confirmed he's awarded the vCash in weeks past, so I would say just be patient.

If I don't get his confirmation by the end of the week, (Monday morning) I will be sure to send him a reminder PM.

:suds: