• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Warriors WILL NOT happen per Jason Wright

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jason Wright:
"We are now down to a short list of final names based on our strategic approach, research process, and insight phase. We will continue to rely upon the insight and support of many of you as it moves forward to a final decision".

None of the above says the organization took into account the fan voice. Most EVERYONE wanted WARRIORS. So, no WARRIORS. He keeps mentioning "OUR" in his message and approach to finding the new name. Who is our? The insight and support of many of you? What? Anothewards, the name is what you say it is, not what the fans want. I'm beginning to think the poll was merely to suggest the fan base has involvement, I question that now as he has come out to clearly dismiss what the fan base replied in wanting, WARRIORS!
we have no say . its all about their power and corporate sponsors . i will give the team a chance to earn my fandom with the new name but i reserve the right to move on . they sure as hell moved on from me

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jason Wright:
"We are now down to a short list of final names based on our strategic approach, research process, and insight phase. We will continue to rely upon the insight and support of many of you as it moves forward to a final decision".

None of the above says the organization took into account the fan voice. Most EVERYONE wanted WARRIORS. So, no WARRIORS. He keeps mentioning "OUR" in his message and approach to finding the new name. Who is our? The insight and support of many of you? What? Anothewards, the name is what you say it is, not what the fans want. I'm beginning to think the poll was merely to suggest the fan base has involvement, I question that now as he has come out to clearly dismiss what the fan base replied in wanting, WARRIORS!
Yeah, he’s putting himself on the fans shit list quickly with this, and I actually thought he was doing a good job, and he was a great hire. This name thing might bury him though

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be honest: it doesnt matter what the team name is going to be, because most fans - including most of the posters here - are going to follow the team from Washington either immediately or eventually anyway.

Sure some might complain loudly, or make sweeping proclimations like “I’ll never follow the Washington Washingtonians, ever!” but they will.

Case in point: skinsdad. Is Skinsdad REALLY going to stop following the team from Washinngton if he doesnt like the name?

He’s going to be an admin for this message board despite not following the Washington Redtailed Lemurs?
RRRIIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTTTTT.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be honest: it doesnt matter what the team name is going to be, because most fans - including most of the posters here - are going to follow the team from Washington either immediately or eventually anyway.

Sure some might complain loudly, or make sweeping proclimations like “I’ll never follow the Washington Washingtonians, ever!” but they will.

Case in point: skinsdad. Is Skinsdad REALLY going to stop following the team from Washinngton if he doesnt like the name?

He’s going to be an admin for this message board despite not following the Washington Redtailed Lemurs?
RRRIIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTTTTT.
I seriously would have a hard time following a team called the split tails

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have no say . its all about their power and corporate sponsors . i will give the team a chance to earn my fandom with the new name but i reserve the right to move on . they sure as hell moved on from me
"We" are not the fans they target or care for input from. We are the old school fan who holds on to history and how we got here. They want that history completely removed even though talk says, "we have 89 years of history and we want to preserve that rich tradition". Bull f'n shit you do, its gone with the old name, REDSKINS AND any history related to native americans such as the lance, spear, warrior etc removed from history of our organization past. Like you said, its feeling more and more like an expansion team with each message sent out about how, "they" are finding a new name. Hell, he didn't even divulge what the few remaining names were to select from after over a year of dialogue. Wright is sounding like more and more of a spinless puppet in his new position and these recent comments make old school fans out to be clueless. Dude, we see right through your BS.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We" are not the fans they target or care for input from. We are the old school fan who holds on to history and how we got here. They want that history completely removed even though talk says, "we have 89 years of history and we want to preserve that rich tradition". Bull f'n shit you do, its gone with the old name, REDSKINS AND any history related to native americans such as the lance, spear, warrior etc removed from history of our organization past. Like you said, its feeling more and more like an expansion team with each message sent out about how, "they" are finding a new name. Hell, he didn't even divulge what the few remaining names were to select from after over a year of dialogue. Wright is sounding like more and more of a spinless puppet in his new position and these recent comments make old school fans out to be clueless. Dude, we see right through your BS.
i agree and everything that i said about this name change is coming to pass . the ravens arent the browns and this new name will never be the skins

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Warriors the most popular choice from the fan poll. What was the 2nd? Redwolves?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could live with the expansion team wolves above

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference in stepping away from NA imagery and stepping away from imagery of things NA liked.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good answer. Fuck them. Get rid of the NBA team then.

Uh oh. My Golden State Warriors are going to be in trouble.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about a name change but could get political but what about our men and women of all ethnicities and skin color in the military currently the past and future are they not Warriors?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna try to be an adult about this. Can this franchise survive another name change? Let's say they go with Warriors and 15 years from now we have to do this all over again. I hate it, but I get it.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20210712-195446_Instagram.jpg

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont understand why Red cant be involved with the name.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of potential

Attachments

• tnye9gfe4ia51.jpg
    tnye9gfe4ia51.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 0
  • washington-redwolves-1536x864.png