• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Washington Huskies @ Stanford Cardinal

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, at this point the thing that should really be pissing us off is our weak ass special teams. Oregon isn't going to need to run a play from scrimmage if that's how we're going to cover kicks.

Sark didn't expand on it, but Van Winkle was hurt and that's why he couldn't boom the kick offs. That is fixable. The coverage gaps? Those are always things that can be adjusted and fixed really fast.

I'd much rather they have things to work on with the special teams going into next week than glaring problems besides the penalties on either the offense or defense. Both of those units were pretty good considering the quality of the opponent and that should leave all UW fans really excited about the rest of this year.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here's an idea. If Van Winkle is hurt and can't kick past the 10 yard line, put Coons in to kick off for the game....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here's an idea. If Van Winkle is hurt and can't kick past the 10 yard line, put Coons in to kick off for the game....

yeah, he couldn't have done worse. I'm sure we will hear more about that this week given how much that impacted the game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, buddha you are embarrassed if your team really did fake injuries and right now I'm embarrassed our HC is accusing Stanford of doing just that. True or not that shit shouldn't be put out in public unless you have proof. :L

Several Stanford defenders, including star linebacker Shayne Skov, went down with apparent injuries in the second half of the Cardinal’s 31-28 victory over Washington late Saturday night at Stanford Stadium.

UW coach Steve Sarkisian wasn’t buying the injuries .

“Their defensive-line coach (ex-UW assistant Randy Hart) was telling them to sit down,” Sarkisian told KJR afterward. “I guess that’s how we play here at Stanford, so we’ll have to prepare for that next time. At some point, we’ll get repaid for it. That never serves a purpose for us, and we’ll never do that.”

God Sark, don't sound like whinny bitch in defeat. It might be true, but it really sounds bad to complain about it ffs.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Oregon ends up being the ones who will benefit given the extra scrutiny over them in their game. You can't do that week in and week out and with everyone going uptempo at some point you have to just learn to play defense and not be pussies.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WizardHawk-

I agree. If it is true, I am embarrassed. Sark, however, is sounding like Kiffen here. Especially, flat out blaming Coach Hart on this, a former long time Husky coach, and when he has Tosh on his sideline (the organizer of the Cal faking against Oregon) to boot.

I watched the plays over and over again, I posted a photo earlier, looks like Skov took Vaughter's helmet to his repaired knee and hyper extended it. Gardner looked to have wrenched his arm trying to shed a block. They went down, yes, they both sat 2 plays, and both went down on contact, not just standing there and then dropping. As I said earlier, it would make no sense to have your most effective pass rush and run stoppers be the ones to go down. The logic just does not fit.

Regent's claims (though having seen regent on other boards I expected more of him/her) of Stanford obviously faking the injuries are probably fueled by the fact that Sark cried about it to the media too. Easy for the fans to echo the coach.

That said, I am embarrassed the Stanford players are even reacting to it, and in my opinion, in a equally shameful way.

It is sullying what I consider to be one of the best UW V. Stanford games I have seen in a very long time. I developed a ton of respect for your team (already had a lot), and thought it really showed how strong the North is. This name calling shit, is just puerile.

Oh and here is a frame by frame of the "catch".

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz2RlEDeNl9NdG1YRXc4UzROeUE/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, buddha you are embarrassed if your team really did fake injuries and right now I'm embarrassed our HC is accusing Stanford of doing just that. True or not that shit shouldn't be put out in public unless you have proof. :L

God Sark, don't sound like whinny bitch in defeat. It might be true, but it really sounds bad to complain about it ffs.

No shit. He's got plenty issues in his control he should be focused on. Like fielding a team that doesn't seem to average 90 penalty yards per game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Sark will dial that back after he reviews the film. In the heat of the moment he reacted and I think it's sad to see from a HC, but if he mans up and takes it back I'll forgive him. He tends to man up when he does something wrong and I expect the same here.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to congratulate Washington and Stanford for a heck of a game.

I know, or thought, that Stanford was solid, and very good. And they are.

I was not sure about Washington. But they showed me something, they are a good team.