• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Future QB Vote

What is the best choice to acquire our franchise QB?

• We already have him! Roll with Howell.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Trade for Justin Fields

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Draft Maye at #2

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Draft Daniels at #2

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
may break your heart,but I,d take dogshit over maye.
I don't agree with you but that is what forums are all about. I think Daniels, Maye and McCarthy are all in play. Now it is time to leave it up to the guys who get paid to make the pick. We'll all see in a little over three weeks.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chill duke.

it has always been about the cast of characters.

grain of salt or pitch a tent.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say one thing duke. You make me more of a maye fan than I’ve ever been. In fact I think you need a hug buddy. You’re letting this shit get to you too bad

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keim with an update on where we are with the #2 pick. Digs in after about a minute or two.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So again, why is this dialouge not coming from experts?
I am not sure arm strength is a mark against daniels at all. I have seen him play and no sec fan will tell you he has arm strength issues.

If these things are unquestioned why is he a top 3 qb? Why is peters wasting his time meeting and evaluating him? Why are current and former players stumping for daniels?

Do you literally have no issues with maye?

The interceptions are a non factor to you correct?

His drop in play are due to lack of talent correct?

If these things are true, why has he not taken over williams.

You claim I don't want to "hear" any criticism but you offer none and explain away a legitimate concern with the picks.

You are proving my point that maye has been out on a pedestal and daniels is repeatedly attacked.

Our good friend countryroads makes it sound as if maye is the next Patrick Mahomes.

Here are two real quick articles questioning JD’s velocity and arm strength. I also read in other articles about him underthrowing his WRs on passes over 40 yards. JD is a top three prospect because of his athleticism and the unheard of statistical season he had.

Who said I have no issues with Maye? I have not posted anything regarding either except I am more on the side of choosing Maye because at this point in his career, compared to JD, they were equal…Maye has a far better arm and size. While I do like JD ability to run, I don’t like the fact that he takes off far too often. I am fine with either QB, or JJ, because none of us have any real clue as to how to evaluate a QB...truthfully, neither do the experts. The NFL is a far different game than college.

As for the interceptions, what were the circumstances of each interception? Were they behind? As for the talent around him, does that not affect a QB?

Who says he has not overtaken Williams? Who says Daniels has not? Nobody really knows. I know I don’t want Williams.

I did offer the criticism. Now I have shown you the evidence of your experts questioning Daniels’ arm? You have definitely bashed Maye talking about regression and interceptions. So there is no pedestal. One guy worships Maye…another Daniels. Neither have a clue. As for me, I have a preference but am fine with either.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are waiting for the experts to pick April 25. I hope no one is calling analysts, journalists, and sports writers experts.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can say one thing duke. You make me more of a maye fan than I’ve ever been. In fact I think you need a hug buddy. You’re letting this shit get to you too bad
How have I made you more of a fan of maye?
I dont need a hug.

I have said i like maye for some time now. I have simply said I like daniels better.

You are confusing me with countryroads I think. He is the one with the nonstop maye propaganda.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here are two real quick articles questioning JD’s velocity and arm strength. I also read in other articles about him underthrowing his WRs on passes over 40 yards. JD is a top three prospect because of his athleticism and the unheard of statistical season he had.

Who said I have no issues with Maye? I have not posted anything regarding either except I am more on the side of choosing Maye because at this point in his career, compared to JD, they were equal…Maye has a far better arm and size. While I do like JD ability to run, I don’t like the fact that he takes off far too often. I am fine with either QB, or JJ, because none of us have any real clue as to how to evaluate a QB...truthfully, neither do the experts. The NFL is a far different game than college.

As for the interceptions, what were the circumstances of each interception? Were they behind? As for the talent around him, does that not affect a QB?

Who says he has not overtaken Williams? Who says Daniels has not? Nobody really knows. I know I don’t want Williams.

I did offer the criticism. Now I have shown you the evidence of your experts questioning Daniels’ arm? You have definitely bashed Maye talking about regression and interceptions. So there is no pedestal. One guy worships Maye…another Daniels. Neither have a clue. As for me, I have a preference but am fine with either.
I said you don't have issues with maye because you haven't stated any and have brushed aside the picks.

I have not seen any criticism of maye from you or really from anybody on here.

Yes, I have been one of the few to point out the drop in numbers from 2022 and 2023. Yes, his high ints in 2023 are a concern to me. Apparently, this can all be explained away by his crappy OLine and his crappy WRs. It is not bashing someone to point out facts.

My concerns with daniels are his propensity to run through a defense and best everyone in a foot race and how he was a late bloomer in college. It is also concerning that he really only beat a few elite teams in college.

It is bashing to say someone should be off the board and will be a bust.

I have said a million times I like maye. I cannot be more clear on that. I have said several times that I have concerns with daniels as well. I am willing to support either qb. Clearly that cannot be said about other posters.

I have put neither qb on a pedestal. If you recall, I started this thread and advocated for trading for fields.
I have just provided 2 concerns I have with maye and 3 with daniels. Am I now bashing daniels?
Name another poster outside of kbso, skinsdad or myself who has been as objective? I have been one of the most objective posters here with both qbs.

I have praised daniels and maye. I even told skinsdad today that I can see nix or pennix being the pick. Again, I have no idea why I am being confused with countryroads here. Our approach and posts are night and day different. I can't help you if you can't see that for yourself.

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said you don't have issues with maye because you haven't stated any and have brushed aside the picks.

I have not seen any criticism of maye from you or really from anybody on here.

Yes, I have been one of the few to point out the drop in numbers from 2022 and 2023. Yes, his high ints in 2023 are a concern to me. Apparently, this can all be explained away by his crappy OLine and his crappy WRs. It is not bashing someone to point out facts.

My concerns with daniels are his propensity to run through a defense and best everyone in a foot race and how he was a late bloomer in college. It is also concerning that he really only beat a few elite teams in college.

It is bashing to say someone should be off the board and will be a bust.

I have said a million times I like maye. I cannot be more clear on that. I have said several times that I have concerns with daniels as well. I am willing to support either qb. Clearly that cannot be said about other posters.

I have put neither qb on a pedestal. If you recall, I started this thread and advocated for trading for fields.
I have just provided 2 concerns I have with maye and 3 with daniels. Am I now bashing daniels?
Name another poster outside of kbso, skinsdad or myself who has been as objective? I have been one of the most objective posters here with both qbs.

I have praised daniels and maye. I even told skinsdad today that I can see nix or pennix being the pick. Again, I have no idea why I am being confused with countryroads here. Our approach and posts are night and day different. I can't help you if you can't see that for yourself.

Do I need to list the issues I have with Maye? I asked questions about the picks. You did not answer the questions. I don’t know the answer to the questions. All you can do is say he threw picks.

Great…you see a statistical reduction in Maye from 2022 to 2023. Statistics from the QB slot are extremely dependent upon the OL and play makers.

So it is not bashing JD to point out he lacks velocity on his throws because it is a comparative FACT. When you state a concern about JD, it is not bashing him but when other say the exact same thing, it is? Hypocrite much?

Actually, stating a person should be off the board and will be a bust is an opinion…not bashing.

Actually, I am extremely objective. You left that name off the list.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with you but that is what forums are all about. I think Daniels, Maye and McCarthy are all in play. Now it is time to leave it up to the guys who get paid to make the pick. We'll all see in a little over three weeks.
I,ll accept who peters takes.i just hope it is,nt maye

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This will not go over well with the Daniels hate crowd, but here goes. I am ready for the boos and negative reactions. I have come to expect it here.

As stated several times, whichever qb we get, I will support and be excited for. It is an exciting time to be a fan of the team.

That being said, I find it odd that daniels continues to be attacked non stop by the agenda posting crowd and not one critique of maye has ever been mentioned by some of you.

Some of you must have a PhD in agenda posting. It's sadly getting worse on this board thanks to a few posters here.

Williams, JJ, maye, and daniels all have great strengths and some weaknesses. They are all very talented qbs who are worthy to be drafted high in my opinion. I will support whoever we take. The same can clearly not be said about some of you and daniels. Daniels could be a bust...we don't know. Some claim they know...but they clearly dont....they just don't.

I have concerns about all 4 qbs. I prefer daniels, but I can see the other 3 being franchise qbs who lead their teams to the postseason with regularity. However, the amount of hate daniels gets here is nonsensical.

Maybe some think LSU sux.
Maybe some of you think Daniels is proped up by an elite offense.
Maybe some don't like daniels because of his race. I hope not!!
Maybe think he is too small.
Maybe some think his hands aren't big enough.
Maybe some think he doesn't have the ability to process NFL defenses.

I have no clue but I can tell you that there are more reasons given to dislike daniels than reasons for the other 3 qbs combined. I find that odd given that many pundits have him as the 2nd best qb in the draft, but arrogant posters here already claim he should be off the board and have some sort of hair trigger.

I have no idea who will be the better pro. I don't.
But I do know some of the knocks on here are ridiculous. Support williams, JJ, or maye, but dismissing college stats, making up absurd reasons to dislike daniels, and posting puff pieces on Maye multiple times a day are irresponsible.
I have an honest question. Just exactly who is this agenda posting crowd you are so concerned about? And why are you so worried about what their opinions are? Are you concerned that they hold some kind of sway over Peters? And what is your agenda by posting such a response? Is it an attempt to quiet those whose opinions about our direction at QB is different than yours? I’m very curious why this “crowd“ concerns you so.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an honest question. Just exactly who is this agenda posting crowd you are so concerned about? And why are you so worried about what their opinions are? Are you concerned that they hold some kind of sway over Peters? And what is your agenda by posting such a response? Is it an attempt to quiet those whose opinions about our direction at QB is different than yours? I’m very curious why this “crowd“ concerns you so.
It's actually quite simple.

It drives away good posters. I can name a few and been told privately by several individuals they are tired of it.

It's trolling at the end of the day.

The purpose of posting nonsense to irritate others and to not have a logical discussion is irresponsible. There is 1 main poster here and a few that do it as well. I am not going to spell it out for you as you know who they are.

I for one am tired of it and am taking a break. The vocal minority running off the silent majority is the problem. If you are comfortable with a one main poster and a few others running off me and others...then there is no problem with the agenda posters. I can't answer that question for you.

You are making this harder than it should be and choosing not to see the obvious.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually quite simple.

It drives away good posters. I can name a few and been told privately by several individuals they are tired of it.

It's trolling at the end of the day.

The purpose of posting nonsense to irritate others and to not have a logical discussion is irresponsible. There is 1 main poster here and a few that do it as well. I am not going to spell it out for you as you know who they are.

I for one am tired of it and am taking a break. The vocal minority running off the silent majority is the problem. If you are comfortable with a one main poster and a few others running off me and others...then there is no problem with the agenda posters. I can't answer that question for you.
To be truthful, I don’t live on this board but pop in periodically so I’m recognize I’ve probably missed many post. But I have no idea who this crowd is. I’m pretty sure Country is pro Maye, but one person doesn’t make a crowd. And I know you are pro Daniels. The vast majority of posters recognize that we just aren’t in a position to due a true evaluation and have placed faith that Peter’s is doing his due diligence and will make the right pick. I know I’m in that camp.

Surely one poster isn’t driving anyone away, especially when you have the ignore feature on this forum. You know how to use that feature, right?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I need to list the issues I have with Maye? I asked questions about the picks. You did not answer the questions. I don’t know the answer to the questions. All you can do is say he threw picks.

Great…you see a statistical reduction in Maye from 2022 to 2023. Statistics from the QB slot are extremely dependent upon the OL and play makers.

So it is not bashing JD to point out he lacks velocity on his throws because it is a comparative FACT. When you state a concern about JD, it is not bashing him but when other say the exact same thing, it is? Hypocrite much?

Actually, stating a person should be off the board and will be a bust is an opinion…not bashing.

Actually, I am extremely objective. You left that name off the list.
I honestly have not pulled every single pick he threw and gotten out a stat book and slowed down the tape of the play. That is absurd and you know it.

Exactly! Every flaw of maye is easily explained away. Dude is the perfect qb. No flaws at all! Another bullseye gkeoka!

Saying daniels sux, should be off the board and that he will be a bust is bashing. I completely disagree. Saying someone sux and will be a bust before they throw a pass is bashing and you know that.

Again, I have brought up 2 concerns about maye and you dismissed them or asked for additional research to validate it. You take daniels concerns as the gospel with no push back at all. Show me where I have said maye sux or is a bust? Me a hypocrite...that's a stretch and lame.

You being objective? Completely disagree again. I don't see that at all.

Funny how I get harassed yet the trolls and agenda posters are left alone. Ironic right?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one should be trying to shut down anyone in this debate and heck if you need a break then take one . I am not saying anyone is doing anything but relax and advocate your positions