• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Football team sold

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy a franchise for $800 million, sell it for $8 billion.

I'd call that a good investment.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He owned for 24 years. 10% annual return. Its good. But probably not as good as you think. The real question I have always wondered about NFL owners is how much they pull out every year, if any at all.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. Also:

Buy a franchise with a winning tradition and a rabid fanbase and
-lose spectacularly early and often
-alienate the fanbase
-elimintae the season ticket waiting list
-engage in absolutely awful customer service
-have a miserable workplace culture
-become the laughing stock of the league, known for your incompetence

And….

-become embroiled in multiple scandals both local and national, to further embarrass the team and fanbase

Goooooood riddance!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Philly bought the Redskins LOL

The Redskins are so fucked :laugh3:

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they? Competent ownership for the first time in 24 years?! :noidea:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He owned for 24 years. 10% annual return. Its good. But probably not as good as you think. The real question I have always wondered about NFL owners is how much they pull out every year, if any any at all.
Not quite what you were talking about, but a general baseline far as revenue n operating expenses for every NFL team.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll still always consider Snyder a hero for basically telling the NFL and the liberal/woke/SJW culture to go fuck themselves. I have a feeling he changed it to the COMMANDERS (LOL what a FAG name - YAH I SAID IT, I think he planned that one out) so he could sell it to the dork that ended up buying it.

Harris looks like he takes it up the ass anyway or abuses young boys. Snyder forever!!!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

These teams are great investments which is why there's a line of rich people that want to buy whenever someone sells

And also why I don't begrudge players and players' unions wanting their share.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I despise little Danny for being a POS but he made a great investment. I hope the new owner of the Redskins chooses a new name that’s politically correct enough for the SJW crowd and pays homage to the old name. The Commanders name suck ass.
maybe the Redskins can finally get back to football instead of being a toy for the owner to play with.
FDS and good luck to the Redskin faithful

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll still always consider Snyder a hero for basically telling the NFL and the liberal/woke/SJW culture to go fuck themselves. I have a feeling he changed it to the COMMANDERS (LOL what a FAG name - YAH I SAID IT, I think he planned that one out) so he could sell it to the dork that ended up buying it.

Harris looks like he takes it up the ass anyway or abuses young boys. Snyder forever!!!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOOOOOO! Danny Snyder was a GREAT owner, I don't care what anyone says! This is almost as bad as hearing Jerry has sold the Cowboys.

Goodbye, old friend. We will miss you in Philly, Dallas and New York!

daniel-snyder-tri-e1418392948876.jpg

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I despise little Danny for being a POS but he made a great investment. I hope the new owner of the Redskins chooses a new name that’s politically correct enough for the SJW crowd and pays homage to the old name. The Commanders name suck ass.
maybe the Redskins can finally get back to football instead of being a toy for the owner to play with.
FDS and good luck to the Redskin faithful

Buying any NFL team would be a great investment. In this case, yes, he is making a lot of money on the deal, but not as much as he could have if he had actually won and run the franchise well.

You're old like me, so you probably remember that when Jack Kent Cooke owned the Redskins, they were the most valuable franchise in all of pro sports at one time. The Redskins had season ticket waiting lists going back years. They were the hot ticket in town for DC politicians and lobbyists, and a whole lot of other folks in the mid-atlantic states. The franchise was printing money.

Danny bought it and basically ran it straight into the fucking ground for years. He took an elite franchise and made them the god damn Browns of the NFC. I had a good laugh about it for a long while, but it got to the point of being sad, and I genuinely feel for the true-blue Redskins fans from the old days, who were good people. They have been through hell.

Josh Harris isn't perfect, but he actually wants to win, and undertstands that the best way to increase the value of his investment is for the team to become successful. Danny understood this I am sure but could not get his own ego out of the way, and was like a little Jerry Jones but with far less football knowledge and business acumen.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is how you know this is a legit sports site. Any other place this would've been banned lol.