• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Football Team News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm too young to have seen him play, but it hurt to hear that he passed. Not for the same reason as the OGs on this board. You see I grew up watching the Skins win Superbowls. He, Sonny, and Frank are you voices of my childhood Fandom. The soundtrack of the glory years. RIP
Sonny, Sam and Frank ... when Redskin radio coverage was good. Sam was such a great player with the Giants. He was a really good player on a really bad defense here in Washington but he always gave it his best. He was a very nice man but he did not take any shit. Most didn't know his story coming from a poor coal mining town in WV. He wanted to be good at football because he did not want to work in the mines.

Sam played with some great football players Rosey Grier, Little Mo, Katcavage, Robostelli. Not so much in Washington. It was Sonny, Sam, Bobby and Charley. I was just a kid back then and really don't remember the Giants then but they were talked about with reverence.

My first recollections of football probably started in about 61-62 with the Eagles.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my first year was 82. Him having his best years in NY is probably why my dad rarely talked about him. As far as Sonny goes, he walked on water according to my dad. Always talked about how he could throw a 40yd spiral behind his back.

Sonny, Sam, and Huff is who I grew up on in the booth. "Touchdown Washington Redskins." I can still hear Frank now.

BTW Ken Beatrice was a must listen post game.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my first year was 82. Him having his best years in NY is probably why my dad rarely talked about him. As far as Sonny goes, he walked on water according to my dad. Always talked about how he could throw a 40yd spiral behind his back.

Sonny, Sam, and Huff is who I grew up on in the booth. "Touchdown Washington Redskins." I can still hear Frank now.

BTW Ken Beatrice was a must listen post game.
I had a love/hate relationship with Ken. He was really very good but if he was wrong on something he would never admit, he would try to slip out the back door. I guess Ken was too much for Phil Wood to win the ratings but Phil was damned good too.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a love/hate relationship with Ken. He was really very good but if he was wrong on something he would never admit, he would try to slip out the back door. I guess Ken was too much for Phil Wood to win the ratings but Phil was damned good too.
I dont remember Phil Wood, but as a teenager I used to call into Ken all the time. Lol

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny, Sam and Frank ... when Redskin radio coverage was good. Sam was such a great player with the Giants. He was a really good player on a really bad defense here in Washington but he always gave it his best. He was a very nice man but he did not take any shit. Most didn't know his story coming from a poor coal mining town in WV. He wanted to be good at football because he did not want to work in the mines.

Sam played with some great football players Rosey Grier, Little Mo, Katcavage, Robostelli. Not so much in Washington. It was Sonny, Sam, Bobby and Charley. I was just a kid back then and really don't remember the Giants then but they were talked about with reverence.

My first recollections of football probably started in about 61-62 with the Eagles.

I'm as old as dirt and you're still a young man because when I first started following the Redskins their starting QB was Eddie LeBaron and they called him 'The Little General' because he was about the same size as a rat.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty crazy. this expands it even more

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went over and voted for Jon Allen, Terry and Carter multiple times for the Pro Bowl

those 3 deserve it

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sports betting coming to MD soon

Here's what he said...

"We are pleased that the legislature's sport wagering commission has finally acted to approve these licenses. Our administration will continue to work to get sports betting up and running in Maryland as quickly as possible."

Here's what he didn't say (but thought to himself)...

"Increased corruption, has also now been approved with these licenses. We are actively searching for viable spaces to build more prisons for our citizens now, their children, and generations to follow. That said, I caution potential participants, gambling can be addictive, especially amongst those in our state who aren't truly counted, but who now will have licensed venues that makes them worthlessly hopeful, and in reality, more desperate, poorer, and more likely to volunteer themselves as residents in our future prison facilities. What a great day!!"

Sorry if this is political, but responding to it necessarily must be exactly that. I don't think that it's possible to speak on sports gambling licensure and not politics. Gonna need a ruling on this one! @dad?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what he said...

"We are pleased that the legislature's sport wagering commission has finally acted to approve these licenses. Our administration will continue to work to get sports betting up and running in Maryland as quickly as possible."

Here's what he didn't say (but thought to himself)...

"Increased corruption has also now been approved with these licenses, We are actively searching for viable spaces to build more prisons for our citizens now, their children, and generations to follow. That said, I caution potential participants, gambling can be addictive, especially amongst those in our state who aren't truly counted, but who now will have licensed venues that makes them worthlessly hopeful, and in reality, more desperate, poorer, and more likely to volunteer themselves as residents in our future prison facilities. What a great day!!"

Sorry if this is political, but responding to it necessarily must be exactly that. I don't think that it's possible to speak on sports gambling licensure and not politics. Gonna need a ruling on this one! @dad?
meh

Status
Not open for further replies.