• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Football Team News

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good read! Disagree with some of it but most was spot on. I posted last week the Skins were very much still alive for the playoffs. They lost to Denver and now playoff talk sounds silly.

He conveniently left out the fact that Hopkins missed 2 exps in Atlanta and missed the first Giants kick, but Blewitt does seem to be a downgrade.

Firing Rivera right now is crazy talk. I agree, who would take this job if they blew out Ron after two years?

Ron bringing in his Carolina guys and helping push Kyle out the door because Kyle told Dan drafting Haskins was a mistake was a major blow to our future imo.

The only thing that can mask the stench of dysfunction is a QB. 2012, 2015, 2016 were solid , exciting years because we had good to great QB play.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron bringing in his Carolina guys and helping push Kyle out the door because Kyle told Dan drafting Haskins was a mistake was a major blow to our future imo.
bringing so many from Carolina who participated in unsuccessful seasons with RR was always a head scratcher to me. Loyalty is a big thing for him. but too much in the biz of football is shortsighted and may very well be his downfall

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing Rivera right now is crazy talk. I agree, who would take this job if they blew out Ron after two years?
This. only direction would be an unknown coach. not seeing that going well. but that would likely happen if you can't give RR 3-4 years min

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bringing so many from Carolina who participated in unsuccessful seasons with RR was always a head scratcher to me. Loyalty is a big thing for him. but too much in the biz of football is shortsighted and may very well be his downfall
Same with Jay, Bruce and the Bucs crew. Maybe that's how the league works. I dunno. Smh

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with Jay, Bruce and the Bucs crew. Maybe that's how the league works. I dunno. Smh
definitely happens a lot, I get it if you come from winning organizations with winning records.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the most disheartening part of it. no progression. that's why I understand everyone feeling so angry and/or apathetic
1st place schedule for a 7 win paper champion but the playoff game carried over this year didn’t it ? Didn’t it ?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st place schedule for a 7 win paper champion but the playoff game carried over this year didn’t it ? Didn’t it ?
what does that have to do with progression? you can lose a game or multiple games AND still be progressing in play. THAT is what we haven't seen consistently anywhere

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does that have to do with progression? you can lose a game or multiple games AND still be progressing in play. THAT is what we haven't seen consistently anywhere
We are playing better teams and we thought being a division winner was the end all be all experience when the truth is we weren’t any good

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are playing better teams and we thought being a division winner was the end all be all experience when the truth is we weren’t any good
I think you are wrong here. yes, we are playing better teams, that doesn't mean you lose your ability to tackle, communicate, execute...

the line with talent on most NFL teams is razor thin. thus Any Given Sunday.

the issue imo is seeing growth and development of players. seeing them getting better.

whether that's scheme, miscommunication, execution or effort is a whole diff argument

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the truth is we weren’t any good
so why shouldn't we see at least some progression (not with wins but from players)?

or are you saying there has been progression it's just all hidden by playing better teams?

that's my disconnect

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, I didn't see our defense going from top 5 to bottom 3 based on level of competition.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get that it was wrong to win one more game and make the playoffs. It was like hitting the slots for $100. Nice little bonus. What did the team lose by not losing one more game? If you are getting better you eventually have to play good teams.

Everyone knew the QB situation was less than ideal. If the defense is playing bad because of playing against better teams it is good to know that while you are trying to build the team.

I think the personnel situation is still a mess. The team needs a QB. LC needs to be gone, I don't think he helps the team. Jackson, Samuel ... so far bad decisions. Cutting Moreland IMO was a bad decision. I don't know that cutting Barber to keep Patterson was a good decision.

JMO but winning one more game last year was not the problem.

Add the shit show that this organization is .... it just heaps on the pile of negativity.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will always root for the Skins to make the playoffs. I'm just wired like that. I'll be rooting hard for the Skins against Tampa, because if they pull off a miracle in two weeks, they will be right back in the playoff discussion.

Getting in last year probably cost us Fields or Mac Jones. That could be a good thing based on your view point. Lol

Cutting Moreland was a shocker. Missing Darby.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are wrong here. yes, we are playing better teams, that doesn't mean you lose your ability to tackle, communicate, execute...

the line with talent on most NFL teams is razor thin. thus Any Given Sunday.

the issue imo is seeing growth and development of players. seeing them getting better.

whether that's scheme, miscommunication, execution or effort is a whole diff argument
Our o/line is better , and statistically so is qb play , Te depth is better

We are playing better teams and hence it’s hard to see improvement. This team is simply not the team the hype machine said it was .

Vs the Broncos I saw better tackling , I didn’t see the huge secondary gaffs either

Status
Not open for further replies.